Post your Resurrection F Theatre Experience

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Post your Resurrection F Theatre Experience

Post by Bullza » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:31 am

So RoF is out in US theatres Tuesday and I made a thread like this last year when BoG opened in US and a lot of people took part which made it a fun read.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =7&t=27862

The gist of it is for those who go to see it to tell us your thoughts on the movie, do you have any funny or interesting stories, did anyone dress up, was your theatre full, what scenes did the audience laugh at or like etc .

That kind of thing.

If you have any pictures or videos you can share those.

Obviously you don't have to have seen it in US to comment. You can share your theatre experience regardless of when or where you saw it.

sayian_nation_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Post your Resurrection F Theatre Experience

Post by sayian_nation_ » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:56 pm

I'll be seeing it with an old friend of mine on Tuesday, day of my birthday :D I'm sure something interesting will occur.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:42 am

But please don't post spoilers about the movie in this thread as I find this thread interesting, but don't want to be spoiled (yes, I've managed so far).

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:16 am

sangofe wrote:But please don't post spoilers about the movie in this thread as I find this thread interesting, but don't want to be spoiled (yes, I've managed so far).
Same goes with me. I've been doing my best to avoid spoilers and I've dodged a lot of them on this site. If you do plan on spoiling some plot details here please use this spoiler warning when posting:
Also, to those of you who are going to watch this in theatres and want to wear a Golden Freeza mask when you're there... You're welcome: http://dragonballz.com.au/images/frieza ... -final.pdf

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:15 am

I'll be watching it at Fenway Theaters in Boston on the 8th. If any of you are in the area, it would be great to say hello. :)

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:03 pm

I will share it one day.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

BojGrass
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BojGrass » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:06 pm

Is this going to double as a meetup thread as well? I seem to remember you guys doing something like that last year for Battle of Gods.

SpiritBombTriumphant
Banned

Post by SpiritBombTriumphant » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:46 pm

BojGrass wrote:Is this going to double as a meetup thread as well? I seem to remember you guys doing something like that last year for Battle of Gods.
Anyone live in Florida? So far it seems as though I'm going alone tomorrow xD

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:52 pm

BojGrass wrote:Is this going to double as a meetup thread as well? I seem to remember you guys doing something like that last year for Battle of Gods.
No. there is a thread for that already (that no one is using).
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:52 pm

Seeing it Saturday. Will post about it afterwards.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:57 pm

Seeing it on Wednesday with 10 other people.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:44 am

Seeing it tomorrow (4th) by myself in Tower Theater in Sacramento.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:03 am

I may as well give my own experience on this seeing as I saw it already. It might be nice for me to look back on it in a few years too if I come across it again.

I was lucky enough to go to Japan (Tokyo) in May, this Holiday was booked up well before a release date was even given for RoF. When it was announced for April it was just great luck and timing for me, I absolutely had to see it. The chance for a fan to get to see a new DBZ movie in theatres in it's home country and before nearly every other non Japanese fan in the world was something that I could never pass up.

I went to see it at this theatre here in Shibuya. I had to go up in a Elevator to the 7th floor where it was being shown.
I went to see it by myself as the rest of my family aren't familiar with the series. I don't understand the language, I didn't know what was being said in the movie but I'd read the detailed summary on here so I knew what was going on. It wasn't that busy in there, it was early and it had been out a few weeks by this point. There were people of all ages in there, kids to old people. The trailers that were shown for other movies looked horrendous, the way the trailers are cut together look so amateurish compared to what I see from Western movies.

Anyway I really enjoyed the movie. I do prefer it slightly over Battle of Gods, that movie had a little too much comedy for me whereas RoF was more in line with the tone the series had, somewhat serious and intense but still humorous at times and fun, a hell of a lot more action but it didn't really build upon the universe or have any real surprises like BoG did unfortunately and that was the worst part about it for me.

I'd give it a 7/10. As I said before I think compared to BoG it's going to be the kind of movie that casual fans will prefer because there is no 10 minute Pilaf subplot, there is no singing Vegeta, the fights don't start over pudding etc but I think the hard core fans, the kind you'd see here will be more mixed on it so opinions will be divided a lot more on this one. I'm interested to see what people have to say on it.

TheKingOfKamehamehas
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheKingOfKamehamehas » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:04 pm

I will be watching it in Dublin, California like last time at the 7:00 PM showing either today or tomorrow. Last time it seemed like a lot more Late to Early 2000's English Dub Fans though so it was kind of sad, but at least I get to see it with less crowed instead of going to San Francisco.
JacobYBM wrote:Art is subjective but boobies are forever.

sxanthony

Post by sxanthony » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:12 pm

Headed to a Cinemark here in Tulsa directly after work. Can't wait!

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:22 pm

SpiritBombTriumphant wrote:
Anyone live in Florida? So far it seems as though I'm going alone tomorrow xD
Where in Florida? I'm sitting in the Cobb Theater in Lakeland right now for it.

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:28 pm

Just got back from the theater and I had an absolute blast! Todd Haberkorn as Jaco was perfect casting and Ayers' Freeza was as phenomenal as I expected. The crowd was also great; they seemed to love Jaco's antics and cheered for Vegeta's big moments. The movie itself was also a lot of fun with great usage of the lesser characters and awesome action to fill out the climax. The only disappointment was that we didn't get the preshow that the trailers advertised, but the movie itself was what we came for so it wasn't a big loss. Overall I had a blast and can't wait to go again!
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

WhiskersTheWonderCat

Post by WhiskersTheWonderCat » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:29 pm

sxanthony wrote:Headed to a Cinemark here in Tulsa directly after work. Can't wait!
How did you like the problem with Dish satellite? :P

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:43 pm

Just came back from Resurrection F at Legacy Place. The pre-show was alright, but the dub was amazing. Chris Ayres' Frieza screams were really insane! An amazing experience other than the fact that there was lots of laughing and shouting coming from the crowd.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:47 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:An amazing experience other than the fact that there was lots of laughing and shouting coming from the crowd.
Like, laughing and shouting in appropriate places, or inappropriate places? I ask only because, for me, it's always fun to see a movie with an entire crowd that's feeling the energy that the movie's supposed to be giving off (like my viewing of the first Avengers movie). Of course, it can also definitely be a turn-off when it's not happening at the right moments (Toy Story 3's ending was ruined in my theater-going experience because everybody was laughing when they weren't supposed to be).
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."