Post your Resurrection F Theatre Experience

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: Post your Resurrection F Theatre Experience

Post by Bullza » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:23 am

I just got back from the 2pm showing at Showcase Dudley. Place was packed, probably the busiest I've seen a movie this year. Everyone seemed to really enjoy the movie too as there was a lot of laughter from the audience.

I loved it. Sure there were a few things that the hardcore geeks can pick at like the 1.3 million line and Shisami being a match for Piccolo but really who cares? It's pretty trivial. Thought the dub was great, thought Chris Aryes in particular was really good, loved Frieza in it, he had some great lines. The fight between Goku and Beerus in the last movie still tops any of the fight scenes in this movie though but the Z Fighters vs Frieza's army battle was cool.

Now I've seen the dub I can say I definitely do prefer it to Battle of Gods which was a good movie itself but it did have too much "filler" and gag humour for my liking. My dad who went with me to see it and had never seen or knows nothing about the franchise said he didn't think it was that great but it wasn't as bad as he was expecting it to be probably because he was comparing it to Pokémon in his mind.

So yeah I had a lot of fun and I really hope there's another movie and it comes to cinemas again. Seeing how popular it seemed to be today I'd expect it's very likely it will get an extended run compared to this one.