Dragon Ball Fan Confessions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Footlong Shoe
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:47 pm
Location: Garner, NC
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Fan Confessions

Post by Footlong Shoe » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:52 pm

-I have yet to watch any of GT.
-I have not seen the Trunks/Bardock specials........
-.......Or any movies past the first Cooler movie.
-This is only my second post on this forum.

I'm working on fixing most of these things.
Steam - Footlong Shoe (psn_trooperman567)
XBL - Footlong Crocs
Discord - Footlong Shoe #1776


Hit me up, I might be willing to talk or play!

User avatar
ShadowDude112
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1871
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:54 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Fan Confessions

Post by ShadowDude112 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:12 am

I should probably note that I have also yet to watch all of GT entirely. I watched the last 2 singles FUNi put out, and also have the complete series Green Brick. I'm just lazy. Maybe I'll watch it one day with a bunch of friends.
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:If Toriyama joined Kanzenshuu, he'd probably forget his login name and password.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
JacobYBM wrote:No, why would it? It's fiction. The strength of the characters is not possible to reach in reality.
I mean, you're pretty open about looking at cartoon porn. Why would you do that? It's fiction. The proportions of these women are not possible to reach in reality.

User avatar
VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 781
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:17 am

Re: Dragon Ball Fan Confessions

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:36 am

1. I haven't watched all of original Dragon Ball but have seen majority of the episodes through a friend and will be watching it beginning to end soon.
2. I've never read a single page of the manga and probably never will
3. All I own home video wise are 11 VHS' of Funi's dub of DBZ, 1 VHS of the Ocean dub of DBZ (which is the first volume), 2 VHS' of Funi's dub of GT and 1 Anime Labs fansub VHS of two Buu episodes from Z. I plan on changing this soon by buying BoG on Blu Ray, F when it comes out on Blu Ray, all of Dragon Ball Z Kai on Blu Ray and probably all the Dragon Ball blue bricks.
4. The only video games I own are the Budokai HD Collection and (soon) Xenoverse
5. I actually like The Return of Cooler and Fusion Reborn
6. I prefer the Funi cast and dubs over the Japanese cast and original Japanese show mainly because I like to watch things in my own language and because I actually like Funimation's cast and dubs of all the series (except for GT but I don't like it in English or Japanese) and will watch a dub over a sub if a dub for something exists (though I'll be watching Super both dubbed and subbed because I want to watch it now as it airs and then watch it again when Funi dubs it) but I like the Japanese cast even though I dislike some of the voices *cough* King Kai *cough*
7. I'm not particularly fond of the Ocean dub of Z but I love their uncut dubs of the first three movies.
8. I think the scriptwriters and writing were better in the Funi dub than the Ocean dub even if it isn't entirely accurate but it is still somewhat accurate.
9. Despite me liking the Funi dub of Z, I prefer their Kai dub over their Z dub because it's fully accurate now and the performances are way better than they were in original Z. I actually prefer Kai over Z dubbed and subbed because of no filler.
10. I love Chi Chi, Oolong, Master Roshi, Mr. Satan, Tienshinhan and Yamcha and would love to see them be more involved in the newer entries of the series like Super. I would add Bulma but she's already had a lot of appearances recently.

EDIT: Um, is it like against the rules to call Tien by his dub name? Because every time I type it, it changes it to the Japanese name.
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

User avatar
ShadowDude112
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1871
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:54 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Fan Confessions

Post by ShadowDude112 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:51 am

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote: EDIT: Um, is it like against the rules to call Tenshinhan by his dub name? Because every time I type it, it changes it to the Japanese name.
It's a filter, not a rule. If you spell Freeza with an i, then it automatically filters it to have two e's in it.
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:If Toriyama joined Kanzenshuu, he'd probably forget his login name and password.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
JacobYBM wrote:No, why would it? It's fiction. The strength of the characters is not possible to reach in reality.
I mean, you're pretty open about looking at cartoon porn. Why would you do that? It's fiction. The proportions of these women are not possible to reach in reality.

User avatar
Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 14019
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Dragon Ball Fan Confessions

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:09 am

This site likes to proper English names then names created by Funimation.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

User avatar
Pokewhiz7
I Live Here
Posts: 2195
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: United States

Re: Dragon Ball Fan Confessions

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:41 am

It seems most of the confessions are that people haven't watched X yet, which isn't per se bad. I haven't read most of the manga outside of about 10 or so volumes is probably my biggest thing.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5323
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: Dragon Ball Fan Confessions

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:41 pm

-Besides Battle of Gods and a few episodes of Super, I haven't seen any of the Japanese version of any of the series or other 14 movies beyond a few select scenes / clips.

-One of my main reasons for not getting Kai is I can't stand Gohans Kai voice. I think it was a big mistake cutting Stephanie Nadolny so suddenly and she would've made an even better Gohan with better direction.

-I own the manga and the entire series on DVD through the Blue/Orange/Green bricks. DBoxes are too expensive and I don't have a blu-Ray player. That being said I don't double dip n the series and don't plan to until FUNi releases DB and Z in 4:3 with Eng Music for Z.

-While FUNImation was in charge of the Ocean Dub, I find it to be really bad and even think the in-house Season 3 was better than the Canadian dub by far. Best decision on FUNis part was splitting from them and Saban

User avatar
ShadowDude112
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1871
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:54 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Fan Confessions

Post by ShadowDude112 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:52 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: -One of my main reasons for not getting Kai is I can't stand Gohans Kai voice. I think it was a big mistake cutting Stephanie Nadolny so suddenly and she would've made an even better Gohan with better direction.

-While FUNImation was in charge of the Ocean Dub, I find it to be really bad and even think the in-house Season 3 was better than the Canadian dub by far. Best decision on FUNis part was splitting from them and Saban
Stephanie Nadonly did have better direction. In the games, isn't Chris Sabat stil lthe voice director? Even in Burst Limit and Raging Blast 1, she was pretty terrible. Colleen Clinkenbeard is a huge improvement. I know, I get it. It's new, and it's change. But, it's good change. You should honestly give it a shot.

FUNimation didn't choose to leave Saban. Saban left FUNi. That's what lead FUNi to going in house. Saban was what let them have the money to go to Canada and record the show. Without that, they went in house.
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:If Toriyama joined Kanzenshuu, he'd probably forget his login name and password.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
JacobYBM wrote:No, why would it? It's fiction. The strength of the characters is not possible to reach in reality.
I mean, you're pretty open about looking at cartoon porn. Why would you do that? It's fiction. The proportions of these women are not possible to reach in reality.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5323
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: Dragon Ball Fan Confessions

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:01 am

ShadowDude112 wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote: -One of my main reasons for not getting Kai is I can't stand Gohans Kai voice. I think it was a big mistake cutting Stephanie Nadolny so suddenly and she would've made an even better Gohan with better direction.

-While FUNImation was in charge of the Ocean Dub, I find it to be really bad and even think the in-house Season 3 was better than the Canadian dub by far. Best decision on FUNis part was splitting from them and Saban
Stephanie Nadonly did have better direction. In the games, isn't Chris Sabat stil lthe voice director? Even in Burst Limit and Raging Blast 1, she was pretty terrible. Colleen Clinkenbeard is a huge improvement. I know, I get it. It's new, and it's change. But, it's good change. You should honestly give it a shot.

FUNimation didn't choose to leave Saban. Saban left FUNi. That's what lead FUNi to going in house. Saban was what let them have the money to go to Canada and record the show. Without that, they went in house.
-I've given Colleen a shot. I don't hate it, but I don't like it that much. I still prefer Nadolny, and I'm sure she would've been even better in Kai just like everyone else was.

-Well I didn't know the specifics for that, thanks for clearing it up

User avatar
Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5478
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Nagano
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Fan Confessions

Post by Cipher » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:03 am

I haven't watched or read any part of the series.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5323
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: Dragon Ball Fan Confessions

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:35 am

Cipher wrote:I haven't watched or read any part of the series.
I've never even heard of Dragon Ball. Idk how I got on this site. :lol:

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4239
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Fan Confessions

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:52 am

I have never seen any of the Broly films.
Dragonball Exiles Chapter One. Chapter Two In Production.

User avatar
DBZAOTA482
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6428
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Fan Confessions

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:54 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Cipher wrote:I haven't watched or read any part of the series.
I've never even heard of Dragon Ball. Idk how I got on this site. :lol:
I don't know what breakfast is.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31207&p=969551#p969545

Kakacarrottop
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 885
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:34 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Fan Confessions

Post by Kakacarrottop » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:02 pm

ShadowDude112 wrote: Saban was what let them have the money to go to Canada and record the show. Without that, they went in house.
They did a dub of Dragon Ball with the Ocean cast in 1995, prior to ever joining forces with Saban. They could probably still afford them, they just wanted to save costs/earn more money by making a cheaper, equally profitable dub in Texas.
"I will literally dress as Goku and walk around jumping up and down, pretending to fly, in public if this ever gets an official release"

- ShadowDude112 on Ocean's Kai dub

User avatar
ShadowDude112
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1871
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:54 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Fan Confessions

Post by ShadowDude112 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:12 pm

Kakacarrottop wrote:
ShadowDude112 wrote: Saban was what let them have the money to go to Canada and record the show. Without that, they went in house.
They did a dub of Dragon Ball with the Ocean cast in 1995, prior to ever joining forces with Saban. They could probably still afford them, they just wanted to save costs/earn more money by making a cheaper, equally profitable dub in Texas.
That dub was also with a different company. I forget who, but someone helped FUNi produce those as well.
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:If Toriyama joined Kanzenshuu, he'd probably forget his login name and password.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
JacobYBM wrote:No, why would it? It's fiction. The strength of the characters is not possible to reach in reality.
I mean, you're pretty open about looking at cartoon porn. Why would you do that? It's fiction. The proportions of these women are not possible to reach in reality.

User avatar
Ree
Regular
Posts: 614
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Dragon Ball Fan Confessions

Post by Ree » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:41 pm

Gt is just as good as DBZ and DB
Broly is a good character
I hadn't played aDBZ game until about 2012
Badass Metabee avatar created by Endless-warr!

User avatar
Scarz
I Live Here
Posts: 3382
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:05 am
Location: New York

Re: Dragon Ball Fan Confessions

Post by Scarz » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:40 pm

-I no longer find collecting DB figures enjoyable (unless a super sexy ecchi figure comes out, male or female, then I'm game again)
-I never finished reading the manga. I've read most of it but just not the whole thing from beginning to end.
-I like Namekians but I just can't see them in sexual way. I tried, I really did, but I can't. Which is why I haven't drawn any lewds of them before.
-I enjoyed all of the Broly movies. In fact, before BoG and RoF I say they were the best ones!
-*points at the entire blog dedicated to drawing naughty things of fictional DB characters*

Post Reply