Talk No Justu on Vegeta

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Talk No Justu on Vegeta

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:23 pm

What did Goku say to Vegeta in the manga to make him want to atone?
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

RedRibbonSoldier#42
Regular

Re: Talk No Justu on Vegeta

Post by RedRibbonSoldier#42 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:27 pm

Goku never goes of on a talk no jutsu speech to anyone in the series. At least nothing at Naruto level. Vegeta turned good gradually with influence from his family

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:33 pm

RedRibbonSoldier#42 wrote:Goku never goes of on a talk no jutsu speech to anyone in the series. At least nothing at Naruto level. Vegeta turned good gradually with influence from his family
I watched DBZ Kai a few moments ago, all he says is that he is lying and he hasn't completely sold his soul. Is that what he says in the manga?
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

RedRibbonSoldier#42
Regular

Post by RedRibbonSoldier#42 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:38 pm

Captain Strawberry wrote:
RedRibbonSoldier#42 wrote:Goku never goes of on a talk no jutsu speech to anyone in the series. At least nothing at Naruto level. Vegeta turned good gradually with influence from his family
I watched DBZ Kai a few moments ago, all he says is that he is lying and he hasn't completely sold his soul. Is that what he says in the manga?
Been awhile since I've read that part of the manga, but the Kai dub is usually pretty accurate.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:51 pm

That's pretty much it, yeah.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

huzaifa_ahmed
Regular

Post by huzaifa_ahmed » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:29 pm

RedRibbonSoldier#42 wrote:
Captain Strawberry wrote:
Been awhile since I've read that part of the manga, but the Kai dub is usually pretty accurate.
That part of Kai isn't out in English (or even at all, in English-speaking countries). OP is obviously talking about pirated rips of the Japanese version. Maybe an import.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:36 pm

There's not talk no jutsu in this series.
Piccolo and Vegeta took years to change. From a series, where warriors fly and fire energy beams, their development was pretty realistic and couldn't be better.

You can't compare it to Naruto, where his talk no just to Pein, made him revive all his victims and kill himself.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:37 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:There's not talk no jutsu in this series.
I seem to recall a certain old man called Roshi forcefully making Tenshinhan change due to his words.

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:40 pm

Doctor. wrote:
I seem to recall a certain old man called Roshi forcefully making Tenshinhan change due to his words.
I think Crane Master's lack of honor played a part-- I don't think Master Roshi's words alone would have resonated if not for the behavior of his master. But it has been ages since I read/saw that arc.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:46 pm

Doctor. wrote: I seem to recall a certain old man called Roshi forcefully making Tenshinhan change due to his words.
Roshi gave him advice but he didn't change right away like Gaara or Pein.
Goku helped him too. Proving you don't have to be on the bad side to be strong.

ironically, even Crane Hermit helped him to become good when he start cheating. Tenshinhan character developed in that moment, together with Chaozu.

And in the end, the crowd just applauded.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:48 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Doctor. wrote: I seem to recall a certain old man called Roshi forcefully making Tenshinhan change due to his words.
Roshi gave him advice. He didn't changed right away like Gaara or Pein.
Goku helped him too. Proving you don't have to be on the bad side to be strong.
And in the the crowd just applauded.

ironically, even Crane Hermit helped him, when he start cheating. Tenshinhan character developed in that moment.
Yes he did change quickly. He was Goku's friend mid-way through their fight. It was the most sudden character development in the entire series. I don't see any difference between Tenshinhan and other Naruto villains who got the same treatment. They both started off as evil but had a good side to them that could be reasoned with and then Roshi/Naruto reasons with them and they change at the end of the arc.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:01 pm

Doctor. wrote: Yes he did change quickly. He was Goku's friend mid-way through their fight. It was the most sudden character development in the entire series. I don't see any difference between Tenshinhan and other Naruto villains who got the same treatment. They both started off as evil but had a good side to them that could be reasoned with and then Roshi/Naruto reasons with them and they change at the end of the arc.
There's to many differences. Gaara and Pein lived years hating the world.

They tried to hunt down kid Gaara for being a jinkuruchi. Everyone was scary of him and he lived in entire loneliness, until he met Naruto and become a good guy.

Nagato/Pein had his parents and best friend killed. Grew up, knowing the world had to be changed and he would have to be the God to do it. When he talks with Naruto, he changes his mind and entrusts the future to him. Revives all his victims in Konoha and kills himself. Forgetting all those years that he had to endure. That's pathetic.

Now, Tenshinhan is compeltely different.
He was raised to be bad. A killer. And he liked it! He didn't live his life hating everything, he admired Tao Pai Pai and Crane Hermitt, he had a best friend...which makes his development acceptable and not a asspull.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:04 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Doctor. wrote: Yes he did change quickly. He was Goku's friend mid-way through their fight. It was the most sudden character development in the entire series. I don't see any difference between Tenshinhan and other Naruto villains who got the same treatment. They both started off as evil but had a good side to them that could be reasoned with and then Roshi/Naruto reasons with them and they change at the end of the arc.
There's to many differences. Gaara and Pein lived years hating the world.

They tried to hunt down kid Gaara for being a jinkuruchi. Everyone was scary of him and he lived in entire loneliness, until he met Naruto and become a good guy.

Nagato/Pein had his parents and best friend killed. Grew up, knowing the world had to be changed and he would have to be the God to do it. When he talks with Naruto, he changes his mind and entrusts the future to him. Revives all his victims in Konoha and kills himself. Forgetting all those years that he had to endure. That's pathetic.

Now, Tenshinhan is compeltely different.
He was raised to be bad. A killer. And he liked it! He didn't live his life hating everything, which makes his development acceptable and not a asspull.
No, it makes his character development stupid. Gaara and Pein's transition made sense, because they were misunderstood and misinterpreted their surroundings in the first place, they needed a guide to help them change. Tenshinhan was evil from the start, only showing a slight hint of being good, so for him to change so suddenly is completely unrealistic and stupid.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:07 pm

Doctor. wrote: they needed a guide to help them change. Tenshinhan was evil from the start, only showing a slight hint of being good, so for him to change so suddenly is completely unrealistic and stupid.
Seems like Tenshinhan needed a guide too and you missed the point.
Also, a villain that becomes good and revives all his victims like Pein, is anything but good developed. Its like Freeza revive Planet Vegeta and the entire saiyan race. Its just stupid.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:09 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Doctor. wrote: they needed a guide to help them change. Tenshinhan was evil from the start, only showing a slight hint of being good, so for him to change so suddenly is completely unrealistic and stupid.
Seems like Tenshinhan needed a guide too and you missed the point.
No, you're missing the point. I was saying the two situations were exactly the same in the first place. You were saying they were completely different and I asked you how.