Porunga vs Shenron

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Porunga vs Shenron

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:58 am

Who is more useful?
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Porunga vs Shenron

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:00 pm

Most definitely Porunga on the basis he can revive people after multiple deaths which is something even an upgraded Shenron still can't do. The only potential issue is if he got overused, he'd likely produce stronger Shadow Dragons thought that's somewhat speculation on my part.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:02 pm

Before the Boo arc, it was definitely Dende's revised Shenlong. But after Porunga got somehow upgraded to be able to resurrect a large number of people with one wish (whilst still retaining the 3 wishes that it promises) then I think there's no question to be had here. Porunga can do everything Shenlong can, but better.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:03 pm

You would think the Namekians would destroy their dragon balls after the Frieza incident, but instead, they upgrade them...
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:06 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:You would think the Namekians would destroy their dragon balls after the Freeza incident, but instead, they upgrade them...
None of Freeza's guys after his death could find it and neither could Goku without King Kai's help. I think its possible they used Porunga to make Namek "invisible" to for evil hearted people to ever find again.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:03 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Most definitely Porunga on the basis he can revive people after multiple deaths which is something even an upgraded Shenron still can't do. The only potential issue is if he got overused, he'd likely produce stronger Shadow Dragons thought that's somewhat speculation on my part.
No need to say such a thing since GT isn't canon so shadow dragons don't even exist.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:16 pm

Captain Strawberry wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Most definitely Porunga on the basis he can revive people after multiple deaths which is something even an upgraded Shenron still can't do. The only potential issue is if he got overused, he'd likely produce stronger Shadow Dragons thought that's somewhat speculation on my part.
No need to say such a thing since GT isn't canon so shadow dragons don't even exist.
I'll never mention GT when Toriyama comes out and says "This is canon, this isn't." Since that's never going to happen cause the guy does not give one one millionth of a Kardashian's ass about that sort of thing, I'll mention things when GT if its at all relevant to the discussion which it is here.

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:19 pm

Captain Strawberry wrote:
Just like what I mentioned in that thread, lol.
Mystic Tien wrote:
Cipher wrote:
EDIT -- Oh, shit, also blind dismissal of GT, or the assumption that one has to acknowledge it's not good to ... feel like they have credibility or something? I see it less on here, but it's an odd phenomenon I've noticed in outside articles that mention Dragon Ball, etc. It's as if it can't receive a mention with a "(which is not good)" attached, which strikes me as really bizarre. It's a series; it exists; it doesn't really need commentary unless that's the focus of the piece.
That is also what I find really odd. Some people are making it look as if they bash GT, it makes them better or cooler. Never understood it. If you don't like it, it is fine, but why always mention it, especially in the places, where it doesn't belong? You usually don't want to speak about what you don't like/hate, rather than otherwise, right?
And yeah, none of this stuff exist, because it is an anime. It is fiction, a product of someone's imagination.
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).
He almost got Videl killed in Battle of Gods tho.