What would you change about the series?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Re: What would you change about the series?

Post by TheGreatness25 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:04 am

Cetra wrote:God luck with that. Even talented authors and the most well-thought out stories have that.
I know that, but I also know that using references while writing it. It's difficult, but it could be done better.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:57 am

Well, here is my list:

The Androids (and Imperfect Cell for that matter) are equal to Frieza's full power, but their abilities make up for it.
Super Saiyan 2 would not be called that and it would be exclusive to Gohan.
Super Saiyan 3 would take the actual role of Super Saiyan 2, as a Saiyan who has ascended past a Super Saiyan.
Cyborg Frieza doesn't exist, or if he does is not just annihilated by Trunks.
Goten and Trunks only achieve Super Saiyan after becoming Gotenks for the first time.
Dabura would be much stronger than he is presented and takes Fat Buu's place, with the Buu form coming out of the cocoon being Super Buu.
Vegito only wrecks Super Buu as an Ascended Super Saiyan (the SSJ3 form in this continuity). He can still be stronger than him as a regular SSJ, but Buu's abilities give him trouble.
Have it so the potara fusion is permanent only for the Kais. No "bad air" bullshit.
Kid Buu would be stronger than Super Buu and is defeated by a team of Goku, Ultimate Gohan and Vegeta.
Piccolo would go to Hell and find his father, fuses with him and finally achieves the true powers of the Nameless Namekian, becoming as powerful as "Super Saiyan 2" Gohan.
Krillin learns Kaioken and masters the form helping him go up to x50.
Cell doesn't come back after the explosion. Or, if he does, he doesn't get a power-up. He is just as strong as before, only that Gohan's rage boost has faded by the time he reforms.
Tien gets his potential unlocked making him as strong as a regular Super Saiyan.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

DBZMerciter2005
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DBZMerciter2005 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:24 am

Draconic wrote:Vegito only wrecks Super Buu as an Ascended Super Saiyan (the SSJ3 form in this continuity). He can still be stronger than him as a regular SSJ, but Buu's abilities give him trouble.
Have it so the potara fusion is permanent only for the Kais. No "bad air" bullshit.
Would it be safe to assume, then, that Vegito would be the fusion dance fusion in this continuity?

I really like a lot of your ideas as they're similar to what I would change. I would prefer a more tragic way to get Goten and Trunks to turn SSJ (maybe when Buu eats their moms?) but all in all I like your changes.
Imp. Cell: "Do you think you're being CUTE?"
SSJ Vegeta: "Bitch, I'm adorable."
~ TFS DBZA Episode 50

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:20 pm

DBZMerciter2005 wrote:
Draconic wrote:Vegito only wrecks Super Buu as an Ascended Super Saiyan (the SSJ3 form in this continuity). He can still be stronger than him as a regular SSJ, but Buu's abilities give him trouble.
Would it be safe to assume, then, that Vegito would be the fusion dance fusion in this continuity?

I really like a lot of your ideas as they're similar to what I would change. I would prefer a more tragic way to get Goten and Trunks to turn SSJ (maybe when Buu eats their moms?) but all in all I like your changes.
Not really. I always took the fusions to be about equal regardless of the method, with potara being better because it doesn't have a time limit. I just don't like huge power gaps that make previous characters obsolete. I mean Frieza was called the emperor of the Universe but by the next arc he was surpassed by two robot teens. Smaller gaps just keep everything a little more coherent.

DBZMerciter2005
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DBZMerciter2005 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:33 pm

Draconic wrote:Not really. I always took the fusions to be about equal regardless of the method, with potara being better because it doesn't have a time limit. I just don't like huge power gaps that make previous characters obsolete. I mean Freeza was called the emperor of the Universe but by the next arc he was surpassed by two robot teens. Smaller gaps just keep everything a little more coherent.
Oh I understand that and I agree there. What I meant was since you want the potara earrings to only be used by the Kais then Vegito wouldn't exist unless Goku and Vegeta do the fusion dance and don't make Gogeta.
~ TFS DBZA Episode 50

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:03 pm

Draconic wrote: Piccolo would go to Hell and find his father
Piccolo cannot find his father. He has the soul that his father had and therefore he will not find the consciousness of Piccolo Daimaoh anywhere. Of course one could write that those two people share one soul and their consciousness is connected, making his indiviual being still existing somewhere instead of it just being "gone" but that would be an additional thing to write.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:48 pm

Cetra wrote:
Draconic wrote: Piccolo would go to Hell and find his father
Piccolo cannot find his father. He has the soul that his father had and therefore he will not find the consciousness of Piccolo Daimaoh anywhere. Of course one could write that those two people share one soul and their consciousness is connected, making his indiviual being still existing somewhere instead of it just being "gone" but that would be an additional thing to write.
I know this. It's just that it is such an easy power-up to do and retcon that it's pretty baffling it hasn't yet been done.
DBZMerciter2005 wrote:
Draconic wrote:Not really. I always took the fusions to be about equal regardless of the method, with potara being better because it doesn't have a time limit. I just don't like huge power gaps that make previous characters obsolete. I mean Freeza was called the emperor of the Universe but by the next arc he was surpassed by two robot teens. Smaller gaps just keep everything a little more coherent.
Oh I understand that and I agree there. What I meant was since you want the potara earrings to only be used by the Kais then Vegito wouldn't exist unless Goku and Vegeta do the fusion dance and don't make Gogeta.
Not really. I should have explained it better but I was to lazy to write, even though I was sure someone would find this weird. What I thought is that the Kais become permanently fused if they use the Potara, while normal people like Goku and Vegeta can defuse at any time as long as both parts want it.

DBZMerciter2005
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DBZMerciter2005 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:02 pm

Draconic wrote:Not really. I should have explained it better but I was to lazy to write, even though I was sure someone would find this weird. What I thought is that the Kais become permanently fused if they use the Potara, while normal people like Goku and Vegeta can defuse at any time as long as both parts want it.
Ah that makes much more sense. Thanks!
~ TFS DBZA Episode 50