Why do people consider Goku the victor in the Saiyan arc?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Why do people consider Goku the victor in the Saiyan arc

Post by Kuririn Fan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:58 am

They don't consider Goku the victor in the Saiyan arc. I've never heard anyone say that.

KaioChris

Post by KaioChris » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:12 pm

Kuririn Fan wrote:They don't consider Goku the victor in the Saiyan arc. I've never heard anyone say that.
Agreed. That was all teamwork, Goku did have a large hand in it but no way would I consider him the victor.

I did get into a disagreement yesterday when a guy was trying to convince people that Vegeta beat Goku during the Buu arc. I just couldn't convince him that the fight was basically over by the time he knocked Goku out.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:24 pm

I don't think anyone really thinks Vegeta lost his solo fight against Goku. It was clear that Vegeta won and would have killed Goku. People just mean to say that Vegeta lost against the combined forces of Earth, which include Goku, and in the face of that greater victory, people don't give much importance to the fact that Goku actually lost his solo fight. Even Vegeta himself does this.

Froggy

Post by Froggy » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:08 pm

i dont think most people believe goku won.
goku failed in every attack he attack he tried. even his spirit bomb wasnt enough to defeat vegeta.
vegeta beat everyone, including gohan-ape. the final blow was when the huge ape fell on vegeta after vegeta beat the giant ape.

vegeta might not have won this battle, but did not lose. it was a definite tie. (krillin couldnt fight either, only a weapon could bring him victory)

now that i think about every time vegeta and goku fought each other, it always tied.
I'm guessing Toriyama never wanted to make a true ending for their rivalry.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:27 am

The funny thing is, even after all that interference through the Earthlings, Vegeta still ended up in better condition than Goku at the end of the fight. :lol:
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:05 am

Kid Buu wrote:The funny thing is, even after all that interference through the Earthlings, Vegeta still ended up in better condition than Goku at the end of the fight. :lol:
Another thing is,the only reason they survived was because of him cutting off Gohan's tail so in other words,Vegeta defeated himself.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Man-Child
Beyond Newbie

Post by Man-Child » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:28 pm

Eh, I consider all three the victors, but then luck had a lot to do with that. Earth was saved, and Vegeta fled. Technically, Goku, by himself, was beaten around the time of Vegeta's Oozaru form.