Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?! (not confirmed)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1269
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:24 pm
Location: Kami's Lookout.

Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?! (not confirmed)

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:50 am

Okay so a pretty big Dragon Ball youtuber Rymestyle claims super is confirmed to only have 3 arcs by Toriyama, I don't recall this but the articles about super aren't exactly fresh in my mind,and it might even be in a interview on screen rather then a article. Is this true or is rymestyle lieing/mis-informed? He said it only has 3 arcs in a video about a week ago. If someone knows the article that he's referring to,what does it say?
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

User avatar
Ajay
Moderator
Posts: 6088
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Contact:

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?!

Post by Ajay » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:09 am

Three arcs that we know of. Absolutely nothing about when the series will end.

YouTubers sure love conjecture.
Follow me on Twitter! // Super Animation Catalogue
[url=https://twitter.com/Yuyucow][b]kViN[/b][/url][i] on Tadayoshi Yamamuro[/i] wrote:
A fun drawing killed his family and now his life's goal is to oppress them all.

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13002
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?!

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:19 am

Never listen to DBZtubers....ever. They're all terrible except for Gaffer Tape. All of them. If Kanzenshuu doesn't put any news up on their site, or an actual reliable website does not post the news, then those people are full of shit. If it ain't reported by Kanzenshuu or I guess Anime News Network, then it's not true. DBZtubers do this shit all the time to get views. Make up bullshit.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16381
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?!

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:27 am

Put the ask out there to see what's up. I'm not familiar with whatever video is being mentioned here.

No, that's not the case. There has been no statement -- definitively or even coy -- about any "intended end" for the series. All we know is that there's a Battle of Gods re-telling arc, a Revival of "F" re-telling arc, and that we're moving onto Universe 6 material after that (which has now started its preview over in the V-Jump manga).

No-one's said that's the final arc for the series. Not even a hint. We don't know what might come after that. It might end there. It might also go for 582 more episodes. To say there's been information about that would be wrong, though.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dragon Ball Ireland
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1651
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:09 am
Location: Kildare, Ireland

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?!

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:35 am

dbzfan7 wrote:Never listen to DBZtubers....ever. They're all terrible except for Gaffer Tape. All of them. If Kanzenshuu doesn't put any news up on their site, or an actual reliable website does not post the news, then those people are full of shit. If it ain't reported by Kanzenshuu or I guess Anime News Network, then it's not true. DBZtubers do this shit all the time to get views. Make up bullshit.
As with anything there's good and bad and everything in between. I wouldn't put all my trust in a GokuT23 or a ForneverWorld, but I'd have others like Geekdom101 and Blackenfist on the same level as Gaffer Tape as they don't report on news unless its legit.
Selling
- Arrival DVD single
- Betrayal DVD single

Looking For
- Showdown DVD single
- Madman Level 1.1

If interested PM with offers

User avatar
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1269
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:24 pm
Location: Kami's Lookout.

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?!

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:59 am

VegettoEX wrote:Put the ask out there to see what's up. I'm not familiar with whatever video is being mentioned here.

No, that's not the case. There has been no statement -- definitively or even coy -- about any "intended end" for the series. All we know is that there's a Battle of Gods re-telling arc, a Revival of "F" re-telling arc, and that we're moving onto Universe 6 material after that (which has now started its preview over in the V-Jump manga).

No-one's said that's the final arc for the series. Not even a hint. We don't know what might come after that. It might end there. It might also go for 582 more episodes. To say there's been information about that would be wrong, though.

That's good. It was over a few videos, and he's not the only guilty party of saying that. I wanted my facts checked for a video I was making on how super will play out. I asked my friend which videos she played over the mic to "prove" it to the entire xbox party but all I got was "it's a few recent videos and it's not a minecraft one" -_- I did find "A" video of him saying some of that jazz- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS81NZ6Tkfw

Maybe he misinterpreted a quote based on his twitter comments in the link.
dbzfan7 wrote:Never listen to DBZtubers....ever. They're all terrible except for Gaffer Tape. All of them. If Kanzenshuu doesn't put any news up on their site, or an actual reliable website does not post the news, then those people are full of shit. If it ain't reported by Kanzenshuu or I guess Anime News Network, then it's not true. DBZtubers do this shit all the time to get views. Make up bullshit.
Kanzenshuu is the only site I trust for DBZ news. Youtubers do tend to lie and click bait sadly. But not all DBZ youtubers lie and clickbait. I don't have a big DBZ channel,but I still have a honest channel,and the likes of blackenfist for example is legitimate too. We get geekdom clickbaiting titles like "EVIL GOKU IN UNIVERSE 6!" And Geekdom's "ANDROID INCEST" but with some stuff by DBZtubers I just take it with a grain of salt til I see kanzenshuu confirm it.
Last edited by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta on Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

User avatar
successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 906
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:10 pm

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?!

Post by successoroffate » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:04 am

Youtubers also provided these jewels: Crappy fan arts that people think are real and Youtubers use it as the thumbnail for their videos (pure and utter clickbait)

Type in on Youtube: Dragon Ball Super Gods in both English and Spanish
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... per+dioses

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... super+gods

Image

Image

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... sj+4+broly

Type in on Google Dragon Ball Nueva Pelicula ( New Movie) and the first thing you get is "CONFIRMED"

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... a+pelicula

So there you have it, Don't trust Youtubers.
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

User avatar
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1269
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:24 pm
Location: Kami's Lookout.

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?!

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:25 am

successoroffate wrote:Youtubers also provided these jewels: Crappy fan arts that people think are real and Youtubers use it as the thumbnail for their videos (pure and utter clickbait)

Type in on Youtube: Dragon Ball Super Gods in both English and Spanish
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... per+dioses

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... super+gods

Image

Image

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... sj+4+broly

Type in on Google Dragon Ball Nueva Pelicula ( New Movie) and the first thing you get is "CONFIRMED"

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... a+pelicula

So there you have it, Don't trust Youtubers.
Sad but true. Kids on xenoverse will call you...umm let's just say not nice things if you tell em only Beerus is a confirmed god of destruction (this happened to me and this was before champa was in the picture.) Yeah it's good art but for the past year to many people take it as facts,and even those who know its fake use it as clickbait and junk.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

User avatar
OmegaRockman
Regular
Posts: 648
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?!

Post by OmegaRockman » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:39 am

dbzfan7 wrote:Never listen to DBZtubers....ever. They're all terrible except for Gaffer Tape. All of them. If Kanzenshuu doesn't put any news up on their site, or an actual reliable website does not post the news, then those people are full of shit. If it ain't reported by Kanzenshuu or I guess Anime News Network, then it's not true. DBZtubers do this shit all the time to get views. Make up bullshit.
I dunno. Geekdom101 seems like a pretty reliable DBZtuber. He uses Kanzenshuu as his primary source for his all news and stuff and I don't think he's ever tried to spread misinformation for the sake of clicks. He even had Mike come on his channel for a guest interview a little while back if that helps his case. He seems to at least care a little more about good and reliable info than your average DBZtuber.

User avatar
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1269
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:24 pm
Location: Kami's Lookout.

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?!

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:50 am

OmegaRockman wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Never listen to DBZtubers....ever. They're all terrible except for Gaffer Tape. All of them. If Kanzenshuu doesn't put any news up on their site, or an actual reliable website does not post the news, then those people are full of shit. If it ain't reported by Kanzenshuu or I guess Anime News Network, then it's not true. DBZtubers do this shit all the time to get views. Make up bullshit.
I dunno. Geekdom101 seems like a pretty reliable DBZtuber. He uses Kanzenshuu as his primary source for his all news and stuff and I don't think he's ever tried to spread misinformation for the sake of clicks. He even had Mike come on his channel for a guest interview a little while back if that helps his case. He seems to at least care a little more about good and reliable info than your average DBZtuber.
I don't think geekdom purpously spreads lies, but he HAS proven to be VERY biased and mis-informed. He even spreads around stuff like 17 is attracted to 18 in the funi dub,which isn't true. He does say the truth at times but I wouldn't give him the same level of trust as Kanzenshuu. Dragon Ball nation is a lot more reliable IMO.

As for Gaffer Tape, I need to check his channel out. Everyone on this forums is saying he's legit,which is good because I'm personally tired youtubers spreading lies around for views. They're in it for the wrong reasons.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

User avatar
Soppa Saia People
I Live Here
Posts: 2605
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:26 pm
Location: minnesota
Contact:

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?!

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:55 am

OmegaRockman wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Never listen to DBZtubers....ever. They're all terrible except for Gaffer Tape. All of them. If Kanzenshuu doesn't put any news up on their site, or an actual reliable website does not post the news, then those people are full of shit. If it ain't reported by Kanzenshuu or I guess Anime News Network, then it's not true. DBZtubers do this shit all the time to get views. Make up bullshit.
I dunno. Geekdom101 seems like a pretty reliable DBZtuber. He uses Kanzenshuu as his primary source for his all news and stuff and I don't think he's ever tried to spread misinformation for the sake of clicks. He even had Mike come on his channel for a guest interview a little while back if that helps his case. He seems to at least care a little more about good and reliable info than your average DBZtuber.
The thing I hate most about DBtubers is that they all do something like "BROLY CONFROIMD FOR SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?" for videos titles. About geekdom he's most clickbait title was "Veggto may be back due to new super manga" and even then it was based on real info.
they/them pronouns
my twitter
14 year old me didn't know how to spell "Saiya"......

Dragon Ball Ireland
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1651
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:09 am
Location: Kildare, Ireland

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?!

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:17 pm

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:
OmegaRockman wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Never listen to DBZtubers....ever. They're all terrible except for Gaffer Tape. All of them. If Kanzenshuu doesn't put any news up on their site, or an actual reliable website does not post the news, then those people are full of shit. If it ain't reported by Kanzenshuu or I guess Anime News Network, then it's not true. DBZtubers do this shit all the time to get views. Make up bullshit.
I dunno. Geekdom101 seems like a pretty reliable DBZtuber. He uses Kanzenshuu as his primary source for his all news and stuff and I don't think he's ever tried to spread misinformation for the sake of clicks. He even had Mike come on his channel for a guest interview a little while back if that helps his case. He seems to at least care a little more about good and reliable info than your average DBZtuber.
I don't think geekdom purpously spreads lies, but he HAS proven to be VERY biased and mis-informed. He even spreads around stuff like 17 is attracted to 18 in the funi dub,which isn't true. He does say the truth at times but I wouldn't give him the same level of trust as Kanzenshuu. Dragon Ball nation is a lot more reliable IMO.

As for Gaffer Tape, I need to check his channel out. Everyone on this forums is saying he's legit,which is good because I'm personally tired youtubers spreading lies around for views. They're in it for the wrong reasons.
I will admit Geekdom does seem a bit hazy on the dub. He has stated before that he would never watch the series in English intently (apart from Kai), and only saw episodes back in the day (presumably on Toonami) to fill in the gaps between episodes he watched on bootlegged tapes.

That said he generally has good sources (like translations from here on Kanzenshuu) for his claims. I do wish more DBZTubers were like this because even if the arguments they put out weren't 100% accurate they would still have a good basis/logic behind what they're trying to report.
Selling
- Arrival DVD single
- Betrayal DVD single

Looking For
- Showdown DVD single
- Madman Level 1.1

If interested PM with offers

User avatar
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1269
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:24 pm
Location: Kami's Lookout.

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?!

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:26 pm

I dunno. Geekdom101 seems like a pretty reliable DBZtuber. He uses Kanzenshuu as his primary source for his all news and stuff and I don't think he's ever tried to spread misinformation for the sake of clicks. He even had Mike come on his channel for a guest interview a little while back if that helps his case. He seems to at least care a little more about good and reliable info than your average DBZtuber.[/quote]

I don't think geekdom purpously spreads lies, but he HAS proven to be VERY biased and mis-informed. He even spreads around stuff like 17 is attracted to 18 in the funi dub,which isn't true. He does say the truth at times but I wouldn't give him the same level of trust as Kanzenshuu. Dragon Ball nation is a lot more reliable IMO.

As for Gaffer Tape, I need to check his channel out. Everyone on this forums is saying he's legit,which is good because I'm personally tired youtubers spreading lies around for views. They're in it for the wrong reasons.[/quote]

I will admit Geekdom does seem a bit hazy on the dub. He has stated before that he would never watch the series in English intently, and only saw episodes back in the day (presumably on Toonami) to fill in the gaps between episodes he watched on bootlegged tapes.

That said he generally has good sources (like translations from here on Kanzenshuu) for his claims. I do wish more DBZTubers were like this because even if the arguments they put out weren't 100% accurate they would still have a good basis/logic behind what they're trying to report.[/quote]


Yeah that's a good quality. My beef with him is he comes off very biased and disrespectfull,especially if you've had a conversation with him. He definitely click-baites,which is intentional,and he spreads lies,but I can't be sure if he does it sometimes on purpose. I'm on the fence on if I should hate him like unrealentgaming,or if I should be OK with him. So I'm just indifferent. I do know I don't respect em though, but that's just me personally. I'm not keen on people who lose their shit over someone not agreeing with em.

Like I agree with him that the claim fusion dance is like 3x stronger then potara is rather silly,but he doesn't need to insult people's intellects over disagreeing over the power of fictional people. WAAAY to many youtubers do that in the comments as it is. That's one of the reasons kanzenshuu is so great. It's more of a place for mature discussions and debates rather then on youtube where you're automatically biased or stupid if you don't agree with everything someone else thinks of. :3 lol
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13002
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?!

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:46 pm

I ain't gonna buy it til I hear some good things. If the folks behind Kanzenshuu truly think a DBZtuber is credible, than perhaps I'd buy it. Other than that, no. I think DBZANTO actually posts scans and news so I suppose he's pretty legit since he can source himself with magazine scans I guess. Still the news guideline is simple. Wait for Kanzenshuu to deem whether or not it's true in pretty much every case, and then you'll know. If nothing is said, it's not true.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1269
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:24 pm
Location: Kami's Lookout.

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?!

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:09 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:I ain't gonna buy it til I hear some good things. If the folks behind Kanzenshuu truly think a DBZtuber is credible, than perhaps I'd buy it. Other than that, no. I think DBZANTO actually posts scans and news so I suppose he's pretty legit since he can source himself with magazine scans I guess. Still the news guideline is simple. Wait for Kanzenshuu to deem whether or not it's true in pretty much every case, and then you'll know. If nothing is said, it's not true.
Yeah Zanto is good,never click baits or spreads lies. but some youtubers I have a level of trust,like if I don't see it on kanzenshuu but zanto or DB nation posts something I'll at least believe it partially. They've proven to be credible,but if kanzenshuu says the opposite,I go with them.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16381
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?! (Not confirmed

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:00 pm

I mean, if you really want, we can truly break down what the news cycle looks like.

For stuff that comes out of magazines, leaks are generally out there 3-4 days ahead of time. There are certain people/sites that actually pay pirate organizations for the privilege of receiving high-quality magazine scans around this time; Kanzenshuu is not one of them. Some of them have arrangements to only post a synopsis, some have an arrangement to do scanlations, and some have other arrangements (like no direct translations, but can show the images). Some of them have no arrangements at all and just do whatever they feel like. I've heard stuff from every end of the spectrum. It's a bizarre world of news/piracy out there.

Where it goes from there is that you have a wide variety of language-understanding on the receiving end. If they're doing scanlations, clearly they have SOME amount of Japanese knowledge. Most of the "YouTubers" (I guess we'll call them?) and the social media account guys don't have this, and just post up videos of images. Sometimes they have commentary along with these images; other times it's just the images that speak for themselves. Intermixed with all this is the guess-work cycle for the people that don't know Japanese. They think they know what they're looking at, and will oftentimes make accurate assumptions... but will also oftentimes make wildly-off-base assumptions. This happens a lot with Dragon Ball Heroes stuff in terms of page layouts in V-Jump when people can't make heads or tails about where the section dividers are.

These are the "I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS SAYS, BUT IT'S NEWS!" sites/people. Needless to say, we have no real amount of interest in or respect for these people. If you can't read what you're sharing, don't share it. You're doing more harm than good... but you're also doing it purely for clicks, since that's inherently why you're sharing it in the first place. It's that "FIRST!" mentality. It's a high for them.

(There's a lot more we could talk about with the mentality of producing content and sharing news, particularly with the YouTubers. Almost all of them have monetization set up on their videos. It's a secondary income stream for them, if not a primary one. It behooves them to get something out there, get something out there FAST... and in the process, probably not be as comprehensive as they could/should be. At the same time, don't misunderstand me - obviously there are fans out there who make videos just because they love it and they want to share the information and their love just as much as we do. There are all types.)

During this time, stuff obviously makes its way out to conversation areas like message boards and social media. You start getting the people who DO speak Japanese, but don't necessarily work on a website like ours (or maybe even they do, and just want to talk about it, too!), who start doing more nitty-gritty analysis. Some of this information then makes its way back out to other news sites.

And this is generally where Kanzenshuu comes in. Since we're not paying for pirated material, we're at the mercy of release dates and/or higher-quality leaks that we can read... and that is to say, read in full, not just part of a page. It's great to hear that you place your trust in us, and you should: when it comes to Japanese proficiency, Julian and Jake really are the cream of the crop. That you have them available to you for a series like Dragon Ball is something you shouldn't take for granted and be thankful for every day. I know I am.

So for us, it's generally myself and/or Heath who are sketching out skeleton news posts while Julian and/or Jake are doing the actual translation work. We write up all the surrounding context that we can, while leaving space for any translations we plan to include, or if not direct translations, the space where we're going to describe what the news is.

We try to have as many eyes as possible on any news we post; it's generally at least two editors and one translator (if not both). We're in contact via chat/text/phone the whole way and are aware of anything the other is working on.

And here's where I think it's important to talk about WHEN we feel it's appropriate to post news. Obviously someone can get up the "I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS SAYS, BUT IT'S NEWS!" post looooooooooooong before we're going to post something. To us, that's not helpful. You're not posting news. You're basically doing nothing. None of the four of us Kanzenshuu dudes have professional background in journalism, but you'll probably notice important aspects of journalism in what we do:
  • Multiple sets of eyes
  • Actual translations from people with accreditation in the language
  • Independent confirmation of any news
That last one's the important one. These days, we absolutely 100% do not report on news that we haven't verified for ourselves. That means that we're either personally buying anything that contains information we're reporting from, or we're confident in that whatever "leak" is out there is (1) real, and (2) is available with enough resolution and in a complete package that it's as if we were reading the physical product in front of us. In other words, just because some other site reported on it - EVEN IF WE'RE CONFIDENT IN THEIR REPORTING FROM PAST STORIES - we're not going to do a post on it until we can verify it personally. We've been burned before in this area, and it's not happening again. We'll buy the book. We'll pick up the goddamn phone and call the source. Someone else's translation isn't enough. Someone else's reporting isn't enough. When you read news on our site, you know FOR SURE that you're getting anything and everything relevant from the news/reveal, AND in addition to that any important information that places it in historical context.

And I don't say all that to be all "Whoooohoho look at us we're DRAGON BALL JOURNALISTS we're sooooooooo awesome!"

No, I say that because you fucking deserve it. We love this series as much as you do, and god dammit, SOMEONE has to step up. We're not perfect, and we're not going to pretend we are, but our product seems to speak for itself.

There are enough people out there with sources we're not interesting in pursuing that it's unlikely you're going to see news that's sourced from a print publication appear on our site first. It may be a couple days. It may not even show up at all; none of the four of us make any money from Kanzenshuu, it's not what we do for a living, and there are other commitments in our lives. We have to pick our battles. Obviously stuff like "new movie" and "new series" is going to hit our site, but the little minutia of gaming news and such probably isn't. So don't always take the "If it ain't on Kanzenshuu, it ain't real!" viewpoint. Just... be skeptical. Healthy skepticism is good! You can always count on us for big/significant stuff.

AND THAT'S JUST NEWS FROM PRINT MEDIA, AND SPECIFICALLY JAPANESE-LANGUAGE PRINT MEDIA!

There are all kinds of sources for news and if you can't tell this was all stream of consciousness and I have no idea what I said or am saying but I'm happy to answer any other questions.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

User avatar
Xeztin
I Live Here
Posts: 2234
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:15 pm
Location: Toyotarō's Place

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?! (Not confirmed

Post by Xeztin » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:18 pm

As far as I know, Super only has 3 arcs PlANNED, Which are BOG, ROF, and U6. There has been that 100 episode thing planned too but i'm not sure if they're any truth to it. When they say planned I'm pretty sure they mean "if it gets good ratings we'll more than likely do more." No one has come out and said, it's gunna have 3 arcs and die, which wouldn't make any sense.

User avatar
Darkprince410
I Live Here
Posts: 2274
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:12 pm

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?! (Not confirmed

Post by Darkprince410 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:28 pm

Xeztin wrote:As far as I know, Super only has 3 arcs PlANNED, Which are BOG, ROF, and U6. There has been that 100 episode thing planned too but i'm not sure if they're any truth to it. When they say planned I'm pretty sure they mean "if it gets good ratings we'll more than likely do more." No one has come out and said, it's gunna have 3 arcs and die, which wouldn't make any sense.
Given the circumstances regarding the whole "100 episode" situation, it was simply a placeholder number that they switched soon after.

theoriginalbilis
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1873
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:33 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?! (Not confirmed

Post by theoriginalbilis » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:32 pm

This is why we appreciate everything you folks do, Mike and Co.

You all take time out of your personal lives to document any developments with the franchise, and make sure that it's as correct as it can be.

No other DragonBall-related community comes close.
Twitter: @WillB_Animating Xbox Gamertag: Original Bilis PSN: ChuckleSquirts

User avatar
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1269
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:24 pm
Location: Kami's Lookout.

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?! (Not confirmed

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:41 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I mean, if you really want, we can truly break down what the news cycle looks like.

For stuff that comes out of magazines, leaks are generally out there 3-4 days ahead of time. There are certain people/sites that actually pay pirate organizations for the privilege of receiving high-quality magazine scans around this time; Kanzenshuu is not one of them. Some of them have arrangements to only post a synopsis, some have an arrangement to do scanlations, and some have other arrangements (like no direct translations, but can show the images). Some of them have no arrangements at all and just do whatever they feel like. I've heard stuff from every end of the spectrum. It's a bizarre world of news/piracy out there.

Where it goes from there is that you have a wide variety of language-understanding on the receiving end. If they're doing scanlations, clearly they have SOME amount of Japanese knowledge. Most of the "YouTubers" (I guess we'll call them?) and the social media account guys don't have this, and just post up videos of images. Sometimes they have commentary along with these images; other times it's just the images that speak for themselves. Intermixed with all this is the guess-work cycle for the people that don't know Japanese. They think they know what they're looking at, and will oftentimes make accurate assumptions... but will also oftentimes make wildly-off-base assumptions. This happens a lot with Dragon Ball Heroes stuff in terms of page layouts in V-Jump when people can't make heads or tails about where the section dividers are.

These are the "I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS SAYS, BUT IT'S NEWS!" sites/people. Needless to say, we have no real amount of interest in or respect for these people. If you can't read what you're sharing, don't share it. You're doing more harm than good... but you're also doing it purely for clicks, since that's inherently why you're sharing it in the first place. It's that "FIRST!" mentality. It's a high for them.

(There's a lot more we could talk about with the mentality of producing content and sharing news, particularly with the YouTubers. Almost all of them have monetization set up on their videos. It's a secondary income stream for them, if not a primary one. It behooves them to get something out there, get something out there FAST... and in the process, probably not be as comprehensive as they could/should be. At the same time, don't misunderstand me - obviously there are fans out there who make videos just because they love it and they want to share the information and their love just as much as we do. There are all types.)

During this time, stuff obviously makes its way out to conversation areas like message boards and social media. You start getting the people who DO speak Japanese, but don't necessarily work on a website like ours (or maybe even they do, and just want to talk about it, too!), who start doing more nitty-gritty analysis. Some of this information then makes its way back out to other news sites.

And this is generally where Kanzenshuu comes in. Since we're not paying for pirated material, we're at the mercy of release dates and/or higher-quality leaks that we can read... and that is to say, read in full, not just part of a page. It's great to hear that you place your trust in us, and you should: when it comes to Japanese proficiency, Julian and Jake really are the cream of the crop. That you have them available to you for a series like Dragon Ball is something you shouldn't take for granted and be thankful for every day. I know I am.

So for us, it's generally myself and/or Heath who are sketching out skeleton news posts while Julian and/or Jake are doing the actual translation work. We write up all the surrounding context that we can, while leaving space for any translations we plan to include, or if not direct translations, the space where we're going to describe what the news is.

We try to have as many eyes as possible on any news we post; it's generally at least two editors and one translator (if not both). We're in contact via chat/text/phone the whole way and are aware of anything the other is working on.

And here's where I think it's important to talk about WHEN we feel it's appropriate to post news. Obviously someone can get up the "I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS SAYS, BUT IT'S NEWS!" post looooooooooooong before we're going to post something. To us, that's not helpful. You're not posting news. You're basically doing nothing. None of the four of us Kanzenshuu dudes have professional background in journalism, but you'll probably notice important aspects of journalism in what we do:
  • Multiple sets of eyes
  • Actual translations from people with accreditation in the language
  • Independent confirmation of any news
That last one's the important one. These days, we absolutely 100% do not report on news that we haven't verified for ourselves. That means that we're either personally buying anything that contains information we're reporting from, or we're confident in that whatever "leak" is out there is (1) real, and (2) is available with enough resolution and in a complete package that it's as if we were reading the physical product in front of us. In other words, just because some other site reported on it - EVEN IF WE'RE CONFIDENT IN THEIR REPORTING FROM PAST STORIES - we're not going to do a post on it until we can verify it personally. We've been burned before in this area, and it's not happening again. We'll buy the book. We'll pick up the goddamn phone and call the source. Someone else's translation isn't enough. Someone else's reporting isn't enough. When you read news on our site, you know FOR SURE that you're getting anything and everything relevant from the news/reveal, AND in addition to that any important information that places it in historical context.

And I don't say all that to be all "Whoooohoho look at us we're DRAGON BALL JOURNALISTS we're sooooooooo awesome!"

No, I say that because you fucking deserve it. We love this series as much as you do, and god dammit, SOMEONE has to step up. We're not perfect, and we're not going to pretend we are, but our product seems to speak for itself.

There are enough people out there with sources we're not interesting in pursuing that it's unlikely you're going to see news that's sourced from a print publication appear on our site first. It may be a couple days. It may not even show up at all; none of the four of us make any money from Kanzenshuu, it's not what we do for a living, and there are other commitments in our lives. We have to pick our battles. Obviously stuff like "new movie" and "new series" is going to hit our site, but the little minutia of gaming news and such probably isn't. So don't always take the "If it ain't on Kanzenshuu, it ain't real!" viewpoint. Just... be skeptical. Healthy skepticism is good! You can always count on us for big/significant stuff.

AND THAT'S JUST NEWS FROM PRINT MEDIA, AND SPECIFICALLY JAPANESE-LANGUAGE PRINT MEDIA!

There are all kinds of sources for news and if you can't tell this was all stream of consciousness and I have no idea what I said or am saying but I'm happy to answer any other questions.
well said, I know you guys won't post news about say the dragonball sausages in japan or dbz's mcdonalds cards but we mean the big stuff like how right now people are saying a big movie is confirmed. I don't believe youtube videos saying that,unless they had proof and they don't or is fabricated obliviously to the point it's laughable. It's just nice to have a site we can trust that delivers news to the fans Better then the official companies that sell it to us. All we get from Toei or funi's sites are character bios. They make quality things,but we cant depend on the official sites to stay up to date on Dragonball. This is my only place to go to have conversations about my favorite franchise, hobby, obsession. This site helps with my dragonball fix. So thanks man, without you guys at kanzenshuu I'd have to buy DBZ dvd's to grind into a fine powder and snort up my nose to get my dragonball fix.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

Post Reply