Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?! (not confirmed)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

dbz2k
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:25 am

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?! (not confirmed

Post by dbz2k » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:11 pm

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:Okay so a pretty big Dragon Ball youtuber Rymestyle claims super is confirmed to only have 3 arcs by Toriyama, I don't recall this but the articles about super aren't exactly fresh in my mind,and it might even be in a interview on screen rather then a article. Is this true or is rymestyle lieing/mis-informed? He said it only has 3 arcs in a video about a week ago. If someone knows the article that he's referring to,what does it say?
It seems like he is trying to say their is only 3 arcs that we know about right now.

User avatar
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1269
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:24 pm
Location: Kami's Lookout.

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?! (not confirmed

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:53 pm

dbz2k wrote:
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:Okay so a pretty big Dragon Ball youtuber Rymestyle claims super is confirmed to only have 3 arcs by Toriyama, I don't recall this but the articles about super aren't exactly fresh in my mind,and it might even be in a interview on screen rather then a article. Is this true or is rymestyle lieing/mis-informed? He said it only has 3 arcs in a video about a week ago. If someone knows the article that he's referring to,what does it say?
It seems like he is trying to say their is only 3 arcs that we know about right now.
Maybe I mis heard or he got rid of the video,but one of em said there's only 3 arcs.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

User avatar
Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13883
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?! (not confirmed

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:20 pm

I doubt U6 will be the final saga after Super. They will probably have Toriyama write more stories if they feel like that there is more room for it.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

User avatar
successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 906
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:10 pm

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?!

Post by successoroffate » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:36 pm

OmegaRockman wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Never listen to DBZtubers....ever. They're all terrible except for Gaffer Tape. All of them. If Kanzenshuu doesn't put any news up on their site, or an actual reliable website does not post the news, then those people are full of shit. If it ain't reported by Kanzenshuu or I guess Anime News Network, then it's not true. DBZtubers do this shit all the time to get views. Make up bullshit.
I dunno. Geekdom101 seems like a pretty reliable DBZtuber. He uses Kanzenshuu as his primary source for his all news and stuff and I don't think he's ever tried to spread misinformation for the sake of clicks. He even had Mike come on his channel for a guest interview a little while back if that helps his case. He seems to at least care a little more about good and reliable info than your average DBZtuber.
Well, if he's using Kanzenshuu as his primary source, then he's not really good at reading comprehension cause I don't think Kanzenshuu has given out any news confirming the new movie, specially if the website itself was probably the first one to kill the rumors off.
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

User avatar
Dragon Ball Ireland
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1562
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:09 am
Location: Kildare, Ireland

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?!

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:45 pm

successoroffate wrote:
OmegaRockman wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Never listen to DBZtubers....ever. They're all terrible except for Gaffer Tape. All of them. If Kanzenshuu doesn't put any news up on their site, or an actual reliable website does not post the news, then those people are full of shit. If it ain't reported by Kanzenshuu or I guess Anime News Network, then it's not true. DBZtubers do this shit all the time to get views. Make up bullshit.
I dunno. Geekdom101 seems like a pretty reliable DBZtuber. He uses Kanzenshuu as his primary source for his all news and stuff and I don't think he's ever tried to spread misinformation for the sake of clicks. He even had Mike come on his channel for a guest interview a little while back if that helps his case. He seems to at least care a little more about good and reliable info than your average DBZtuber.
Well, if he's using Kanzenshuu as his primary source, then he's not really good at reading comprehension cause I don't think Kanzenshuu has given out any news confirming the new movie, specially if the website itself was probably the first one to kill the rumors off.
Geekdom hasn't reported on a new movie though, and he wouldn't do a video unless Kanzenshuu gave any indication of it (which they haven't).

I actually can't remember the 17/18 thing now, but he just tweeted to say it was a question posed to him on Ask.fm that he just laughed at and refuted.
Trying to pitch Rock The Dragon to Manga UK

User avatar
Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5150
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:21 pm
Location: Munciana

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?! (not confirmed

Post by Big Momma » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:20 pm

5-star post, Mike. Completely on point. It's almost always best to wait and get the best/most reliable news than the fastest news. And you guys all do top notch job. That's a big part of why I still come to this place (nearly) a decade after signing up. :thumbup:

As for the topic, I really HOPE there is more after the Universe 6 arc, but I guess we'll just see. I'm loving Super so far, and I really want to get as much of it as we can.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog
Want to join the (Un)Official Kanzenshuu Discord Server?~Click Here~

User avatar
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1269
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:24 pm
Location: Kami's Lookout.

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?! (not confirmed

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:12 pm

IDK why geekdom spreads lies.
Last edited by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta on Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

User avatar
MajinMan
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1211
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:42 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?! (not confirmed

Post by MajinMan » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:45 pm

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:Disregard the Geekdom stuff. He took what I said the wrong way. Not attacking the guy and "clickbaiter" isn't the right choice of word. He got REAAAAAL offended and that wasn't my intent oh my god XD Look sorry you misinterpreted what I was trying to say,I definitely coulda worded my shit better. Also it's not confirmed. I think rymstyle removed his video or maybe I misheard it,he still has a video up saying something else about it being the final arc,but that's a different video from two weeks ago. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a article I missed.
Well it could also be that you're the one misinterpreting their words. I have never seen anyone you mentioned say anything about "movie 6 confirmed" or "universe 6 is the last arc." Hell, even Unrealent shut down the new movie bs real quick, and he also brought up that if it's not on Kanzenshuu, it's most likely fake. Most of the DBZ clickbaiting rumors come from Fornever from what I can tell.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

60.

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20406
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?! (not confirmed

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:46 pm

If Kanzenshuu hasn't reported it's most likely not true. The guys at Kanzenshuu work hard to make sure any news on Dragon Ball is true and reliable and they've never let us down in the past. So if it's not on the front page of this website, take what you hear in regards to breaking news on Dragon Ball elsewhere with a grain of salt. Especially if it's YouTube.

User avatar
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1269
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:24 pm
Location: Kami's Lookout.

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?! (not confirmed

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:03 am

MajinMan wrote:
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:Disregard the Geekdom stuff. He took what I said the wrong way. Not attacking the guy and "clickbaiter" isn't the right choice of word. He got REAAAAAL offended and that wasn't my intent oh my god XD Look sorry you misinterpreted what I was trying to say,I definitely coulda worded my shit better. Also it's not confirmed. I think rymstyle removed his video or maybe I misheard it,he still has a video up saying something else about it being the final arc,but that's a different video from two weeks ago. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a article I missed.
Well it could also be that you're the one misinterpreting their words. I have never seen anyone you mentioned say anything about "movie 6 confirmed" or "universe 6 is the last arc." Hell, even Unrealent shut down the new movie bs real quick, and he also brought up that if it's not on Kanzenshuu, it's most likely fake. Most of the DBZ clickbaiting rumors come from Fornever from what I can tell.
But unreal was spreading the hoshi stuff around in the past. Also I never said anything about a movie 6. Rymstyle DID say on one of his videos universe 6 was the last arc,he must have deleted it. Doesn't matter though.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

User avatar
kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 474
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:53 pm

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?! (not confirmed

Post by kidhero1000 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:59 am

Rhymestyle is about as informed as GokuT23/Hadir and that Fornever ever world idiot are.

On the other hand this fandom does have someone like Geekdom101, but even he tends to be a jackass on occassion

Image
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

User avatar
Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13883
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?! (not confirmed

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:06 pm

I still don't get why they would end Super after U6? There is room for more stories.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16326
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?! (not confirmed

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:07 pm

Yeah...... that's.......... kinda messed up?

Attack the message, not the person.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

User avatar
Avenged
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1023
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?! (not confirmed

Post by Avenged » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:50 pm

Don't provide that kid ryhmestyle as a source. He always lies and all he does is make YouTube videos, why would anyone believe him anyways lol.
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16326
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?! (not confirmed

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:02 pm

I have to admit, I don't watch/listen to these folks' videos. I have enough going on with content generation in terms of pages and audio that consuming OTHER FOLKS' stuff is asking too much!

That being said, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, and the people in question seem friendly enough with me as-of-late on Twitter and YouTube comments and such.

If possible, can we turn this around into constructive feedback and recommendations? I'd like to think that the creators in question are reasonable people, and if presented with hard evidence of providing factually-inaccurate statements, they'd be willing to admit to it and -- most importantly -- would WANT to do something about correcting it.

Unless there's crazy delusions and there is indeed CONSTANT misinformation being spouted out...? That'd also be good to know. Specific examples are the only thing that can drive helpful suggestions, though.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

precita
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5467
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?! (not confirmed

Post by precita » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:47 pm

I'd much rather Super be a short series then to see them run out of ideas again and run the series into the ground.

I do think they should adapt the story ideas from Dragonball Online and Xenoverse into the anime and make some of it canon. Not all of it, mind you, but the best parts.

User avatar
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1269
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:24 pm
Location: Kami's Lookout.

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?! (not confirmed

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:29 am

precita wrote:I'd much rather Super be a short series then to see them run out of ideas again and run the series into the ground.

I do think they should adapt the story ideas from Dragonball Online and Xenoverse into the anime and make some of it canon. Not all of it, mind you, but the best parts.
Super is already Z with a team having no ideas. I say keep it going so we get more content,as super is full of cons,it's got a good amount of pros to counter it. Even if toriyama desides to only show 3 universes and not show all the gods,Toei will most likely continue it. that'd be interesting as if they get the guy who made GT to do it, it'll be good. just as long as they learn from the mistakes of GT and don't try a saga of bad jokes,aka the first saga of GT.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

Rhymestyle
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:10 pm

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?! (not confirmed

Post by Rhymestyle » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:35 pm

I figure I join this conversation to make clear up/clarify anything, answer questions, etc. As far as the Universe 6 final arc stuff, yes I have in the past verbally referred to this as "the final arc", but I did say why in this video -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X75JRHQXLmc

To give you a quick summary so you don't have to watch it, I'm simply going off of the Toriyama statement that was revealed back prior to the series starting (this one right here http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/07/01/dr ... ries-plot/). What I got from this, it sounded like there's three stories for Super: BoG, RF, and Universe 6. To me, this statement sounds like there's only 3 planned, as to whether or not this will change, it very well might. The key here is we don't know the length of U6 at all. It COULD be the final arc, but it could also be a LOT longer than Bog and RF put together. The point is, I see U6 as one arc. Now again, this might very well change as we get into this arc.

As far as news sources, I only use Kanzenshuu for news and Shonengamez for game related sources. I admit that in the past that I myself have fallen for sources like GojitaAF, but I do tend immediately correct myself with follow ups the second I find out anything. Right now, however, I do only use Kanzenshuu as a source when it comes down to it. One thing that I do want to help out with here is to to show the good side of DBZTubers, as people call us. Yes, some people in our community will make the most ridiculous videos solely to boost their views, but a lot of us have been trying to change this. In the past year, a bunch of people have began popping up that have been honest, for the community, etc. However, no matter how honest a DBZTuber can be, end of the day, we will still get grouped into the same crowd as the "Bad ones".

Now I want to help as much as I can to get everyone to understand, so if there's any way I can do this, please let me know. I honestly think there's some misunderstanding here and if we can all talk, we can better understand everything. ^_^

User avatar
Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5150
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:21 pm
Location: Munciana

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?! (not confirmed

Post by Big Momma » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:00 pm

Great clarification, dude. Welcome to the forums :thumbup:
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog
Want to join the (Un)Official Kanzenshuu Discord Server?~Click Here~

Rhymestyle
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:10 pm

Re: Super CONFIRMED to end after universe 6?! (not confirmed

Post by Rhymestyle » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:07 pm

Big Momma wrote:Great clarification, dude. Welcome to the forums :thumbup:
Thanks for the welcome! ^_^

I'm here to answer any and every question that people might have about YouTubers or anything too. I just want to help everyone understand as much as possible! :thumbup:

Post Reply