NFL/DBZ Crossover

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Re: NFL/DBZ Crossover

Post by Kid Buu » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:46 pm

Ha, that's pretty cool! Imagine a NFL team where everyone is a different Z-Fighter, would be hilarious.
Gonstead wrote:
Bullza wrote:They're NFL players not weaboos.
Knowing the correct pronunciation of a foreign word has absolutely nothing to do with being a Weeaboo.

People throw around the label so much that its practically losing its definition. Its reached the point where merely liking anime automatically labels you as such.
I never understood the big controversy about this word. Seems like a lot of people get offended about being labeled whatever they believe this term to mean. I just don't get it.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:49 pm

This sums up on what a weebo means: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=weebo
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:12 pm

Kid Buu wrote:
Gonstead wrote:
Knowing the correct pronunciation of a foreign word has absolutely nothing to do with being a Weeaboo.

People throw around the label so much that its practically losing its definition. Its reached the point where merely liking anime automatically labels you as such.
I never understood the big controversy about this word. Seems like a lot of people get offended about being labeled whatever they believe this term to mean. I just don't get it.
Because people constantly throw it around. If you prefer a pronunciation of a word, you're a weaboo. If you're really interested in Japanese culture, you're a weaboo. If you prefer to enjoy things the way they were originally intended to be enjoyed, you're a weaboo.

It gets really aggravating after a while...
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:21 pm

Kid Buu wrote:Ha, that's pretty cool! Imagine a NFL team where everyone is a different Z-Fighter, would be hilarious.
Gonstead wrote:

You know I actually tried to do that, it didn't work (I'll try again).
Anyway about "weaboo", to me it's somebody who says " Seru" and "Tronksru" in normal conversations. Sah-tan is debatable.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸