It should have been 'Revival of C' and not F

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cetra
I Live Here

Re: It should have been 'Revival of C' and not F

Post by Cetra » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:43 pm

"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Kuwabara
Regular

Post by Kuwabara » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:21 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:They could have Cell have a new form called "Perfect Blue" :lol: .
Now we're talking! :clap:
Cetra wrote:Cell already has a new form:

https://www.google.de/search?q=dura+cel ... wsCh0dLQav
Good one, dude.
This is the episode of when Gokuh enrages himself after Freezer talk shit about Kuririn

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:31 am

Duo wrote:He put in one hell of an effort to destroy the world, it didn't work out, and that's all she wrote.
precita wrote:I don't remember, did Cell ever say what he was going to do if he beat Gohan? I know he said he was going to destroy the Earth, but what did he plan to do after? Did Cell have any plans to conquer the galaxy like Freeza did?
There sometimes seems to be some weird confusion towards Cell's motivations. Its actually rather simple, and he explains it to Trunks straight out: find and fight the strongest martial artists and test the boundaries of his (artificially created) skills. There's really not much more to it than that.

Sure he threatens to blow up the Earth in the process, but destroying Earth was never his end goal or something he really gave a shit about: it was merely a means to an end. The THREAT of him destroying the Earth is what he cared about, because it galvanized the greatest fighters in the world to up their game and take him on in his twisted little Budokai tournament. Like all the other main Xia-like warriors in the series, The Fight is all he cares about. If he did wind up destroying the Earth, it'd be something he did only after running out of good challengers for his skills, almost as an afterthought and out of boredom more than anything else.

What made Cell cool is that in essence he's basically Goku with more intellect and absolutely no moral compass whatsoever. He wants exactly what all the Z warriors have largely wanted all throughout the series: to be the best martial artist he can and prove it/test it in combat against a worthy challenger. He just has a HORRIBLE fucked up way of getting there that's a sick mockery of the path that our heroes have taken there throughout the series.

He's an evil Youxia basically. That's not really much of a hard concept to grasp.
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cell would travel across the universe looking for someone to fight. I doubt he would be standing in space forever if he destroy the Earth if he won against Gohan.
Bingo. If Cell got every good challenge he could've gotten out of the Earth and wound up destroying it, he's simply travel elsewhere in the galaxy and seek out his next great opponent elsewhere on another world. Then probably blow up that one too before moving onto another.

That'd actually potentially make for a kinda neat 90's-style sci fi/wuxia series actually. Just following the interstellar journeys of this genetically-enhanced mutant insect-man as he travels and explores the unknown reaches of the universe looking for and fighting great opponents and masters in high level Wulin-scale martial arts battles on strange alien worlds, utilizing all the iconic moves and techniques we've seen throughout the series (maybe even coming up with a few of his own) and watching him grow and grow as a fighter, even as he viciously murders and genocidally eradicates his way through his opposition, making him basically a full-blown villain protagonist (sorta like Bardock used to be once upon a time).

"I want to see the exotic Southern Galaxy. The crown jewel of the Grand Kaio's universe. I want to meet and fight interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture... and then kill them!"

At the very least it could be a hoot: would probably be more entertaining than the lame sitcom that is Super if nothing else.

By the way, for whatever incredibly little its worth, as much as I like Cell (seemingly way, way more than most folks here it appears) I definitely agree that Freeza makes WAY more sense as a classic villain to bring back for pretty much all the reasons stated. The Cell arc was nice as a one-and-done, semi-self-contained story with minimal-connective tissue with the preceding storylines in the series, but I don't see much reason to further flog it out (I was obviously only half-kidding with my above Cell Travels the Galaxy spinoff pitch :P ).

Then again I seem to be in the minority opinion that there's little reason to further flog out DB as a series in general, but that's neither here nor there.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:02 pm

I thought of another way they could bring back Cell. They could introduce one of Mr. Satan's old rivals who doesn't believe Mr. Satan actually defeated Cell. Maybe the rival could help rebuild some of Gero's technology from backup data. This would give a chance for Mr. Satan to fight Cell for real, and maybe actually help this time? It would also make a cool enemy for Pan, since Cell would have a grudge against Gohan and Mr. Satan for humiliating Cell with his story, giving her a reason to protect her family's legacy.

Sinestro
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sinestro » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:22 pm

Bacon Skittles wrote:

Actually another great idea would be that sometime before the Cell games, Cell made a Cell Junior that flew off into space and hide in case his plans failed. So we could have an adult Cell Junior seeking revenge on the Z-Fighters years later. Either way the idea of Cell coming back would have had a far greater potential than Freeza. After all in Dragon Ball Online we sorta get a return of Cell, in the form of his clone Cell-X (which the design is hideous.) In DBO Cell does create an army of offspring so an army of Cell Jr.s that could have replaced Freeza's army as well.
I can't believe this exists. Thanks for the heads up.

GTX
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by GTX » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:31 pm

I think cell is too gimicky making its story mostly need more effort.
The question has been asked by you 10000000000 times and we have become very efficient.
I don't care about non canon stuffs like game, guide book, movie, etc
Spare the trouble because GT is CANON
Be quick and be done with it
inactive :P