Biggest exageration by fans?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GTX
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Biggest exageration by fans?

Post by GTX » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:33 pm

Really? I could have sworn there was an episode where we see Goku struggling to power up to Super Saiyan but couldn't do it because something in the world/atmosphere that was preventing him from doing so. I remember thinking that was a stupid plothole because nothing like that should have prevented him from turning Super Saiyan.
goku was poisoned by poison fog not the atmosphere so do pan. The fog weaken your body continuously.

paikuhan

Paikuhan is filler character thus there is no relation with GT.
The question has been asked by you 10000000000 times and we have become very efficient.
I don't care about non canon stuffs like game, guide book, movie, etc
Spare the trouble because GT is CANON
Be quick and be done with it
inactive :P

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzk1999 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:42 pm

GTX wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:GT did had a good amount of plot holes in it. Sure GT is not the worst anime ever, but the writing in it was not very good though.
I don't think so. I don't see any plot hole in GT.
No plot holes? How is 17 being sensed by trunks NOT a plot hole?

GTX
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by GTX » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:47 pm

Dbzk1999 wrote:
GTX wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:GT did had a good amount of plot holes in it. Sure GT is not the worst anime ever, but the writing in it was not very good though.
I don't think so. I don't see any plot hole in GT.
No plot holes? How is 17 being sensed by trunks NOT a plot hole?
cyborg Android can develop its own biological ki too (sooner or later). like how cell has ki too eventhough it's android. It is obvious :yawn:
The question has been asked by you 10000000000 times and we have become very efficient.
I don't care about non canon stuffs like game, guide book, movie, etc
Spare the trouble because GT is CANON
Be quick and be done with it
inactive :P

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:03 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I always notice that Goku had a hard time getting out of Hell in GT when he had no issues getting in and out of Hell when he went to Hell with Paikuhan. Why didn't he just power up to SSj4 and teleported out of there? Not to mention the dead are immortal in GT despite Goku saying that Vegeta would be erase forever if he died again. Goku even made a big deal if Kid Buu blew up the Grand Kai planet in the filler episode of the Buu saga since they would all be erase for good.
The Otherworld has a lot of rules you have to follow. I am pretty sure (that is no official explanation so it is basically worthless but at least it could be this way) if you screw with those rules like the villains do, you do not need to follow them during that time.
Dbzk1999 wrote: No plot holes? How is 17 being sensed by trunks NOT a plot hole?
Lapis does not emit any aura as it is permanently masked through him being cyborgified but that does not mean he cannot purposely do something, just as he can produce energy balls and as far as I am concerned I think those energy balls can be sensed as they consist of energy which is not masked (pure energy be masked but be pretty overpowered and was never mentioned).
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:07 am

People over react on gags in Super. The series always had silly and goofy humor. People wanted the series be dark, gritty and super serious but I feel like fans will bitch about it if it happens. If they made a dark and gritty DB hentai series then fans will bitch about it for being too dark and gritty. Then everyone will want the funny campy gags back.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:07 am

baneofdemon22 wrote:
Lunatic Fringe wrote:Probably Goku and Chi-Chi as "horrible" parents. They both have their faults but they haven't necessarily raised bad children.
I agree. I thought Goku and Chi-Chi perfectly complimented eachother as parents. He's not the greatest father, but he's not the monster many people make him out to be.:

They seem to love and respect them as parents.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

swimtrunks
Not-So-Newbie

Post by swimtrunks » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:06 am

Biggest exageration by fans?

:think:

Raditz is exaggerated as a weakling. He kicked Goku & Piccolo's behinds at the same time. Goku had to sacrifice his life to defeat Radditz.

Krillin & Yamcha he is not.

AS_Saiyan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by AS_Saiyan » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:24 pm

-Broly. The legendary Super Duper Ultra Saiyan.
-Yamcha being such a loser
-Kuririn being a joke among fans
-English Z dub being so great
-Goku's Japanese voice sound like an old woman, making it very terrible.
-Gohan SS2 at the Cell Games being such a great character
-Gohan at DBSuper so nerd that they ruined his character
-Vegetto and Gogeta being such a great characters (at least in my opinion, they're not)
-Pan being so annoying in GT
-GT being the worst thing ever, just because it's not cannon

Those are the ones I could think about now, sorry if some has been posted before already.
New User :) A Dragonball fan for over 10 years. My favorite character(s) are Kuririn and Goku.
And yeah, I need to find better signature.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:49 pm

GT is not the worst anime ever, but I still think it's not very good. I do think people over exaggerated on the 13 DBZ Movies when people talk about on how awesome and great they are compare to the new movies. Most of them are not very good and I would watch BOG & ROF over most of them to be honest.
She/Her

AS_Saiyan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by AS_Saiyan » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:46 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:GT is not the worst anime ever, but I still think it's not very good.
Putting nostalgia aside, the series has flaws, and I'm aware of this. But there isn't a series without flaws. Even DB and DBZ have tons of flaws. But the problems in my opinion is that people always compare it to the first two, which is why it seems so 'not-good'. I think that if you are judging it on it's own, without comparing to DB and DBZ, you'll see that it has much less flaws than before.
I mostly love GT for the fun time, very enjoyable and intresting story arcs and plots (even they're not executed so well) and very cool character designs.
New User :) A Dragonball fan for over 10 years. My favorite character(s) are Kuririn and Goku.
And yeah, I need to find better signature.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:24 pm

GT is bad, but nowhere near the worst anime ever. And after so long I warmed up to it a lot more since I love many concepts of it that I don't think will ever be expanded on again, at least in my lifetime. And it's not like it is unwatchable. The cast is good, the music good, the animation is pretty consistent and it is also very very short. I think, even though it's not a great series, that it is a must watch.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:41 pm

GTX wrote:
Paikuhan is filler character thus there is no relation with GT.
GT has a lot of elements based around on filler though.
She/Her

KameRule
Beyond Newbie

Post by KameRule » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:03 pm

Super is too slow has terrible pacing.

Not at all like the the greatest anime of all time, Dragon Ball Z.
Master, the batteries inside your Wii Remote are nearly depleted.

Master, there is a 98% chance that the floor is beneath you.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:06 pm

The thing about GT is, if it wasn't a Dragonball show and the characters were replaced with any other anime characters...it would be a completely forgettable sci-fi series. I doubt it would even be remembered as it was some one-off show from 1996-1997.

baneofdemon22
Beyond Newbie

Post by baneofdemon22 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:28 pm

I think one of the biggest exaggerations by fans is in regards to Yamucha's "badassness" and usefulness in Dragon Ball, and how Toriyama ruined him in Dragon Ball Z. To me, he didn't add much of anything past the first arc. I liked him best when he was comic relief in the Cell arc.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:20 am

The power of the new gods are exaggerated.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:35 pm

The people who only judge a characters worth by how powerful they are and how strong they are compared to other characters. Its lame and pointless, reminds me of something from middle school but as an adult there's more to a character than that.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:47 am

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:The power of the new gods are exaggerated.
How?They threatened to destroy the entire universe with 2-3 punches.Thats not exaggerated if they really showed feats.Exaggerated characters power wise are those characters who people claimed to be so strong without the characters showing they are capable to do such thing,a few examples of them are Broly,Saitama and Superman Prime 1 Million.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:48 am

KameRule wrote:Super is too slow has terrible pacing.

Not at all like the the greatest anime of all time, Dragon Ball Z.
Super has bigger problems than terrible pacing.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:59 am

As a Chi Chi fan,i really really hate this Chi Chi hate,a popular DB youtuber literaly made a video saying that shes the worst Dragon Ball everhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H6PjRmoaKo