Kanzenshuu Character Survey 2015 - RESULTS!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LightBing
I Live Here

Kanzenshuu Character Survey 2015 - RESULTS!

Post by LightBing » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:32 pm

Inspired by the character polls that sometimes ran during the original serialization.

You vote in your three favorite characters, in order. The first gets 3 votes, the second 2 votes and the third 1 vote. I did this so that there's a better grasp of how the characters place, instead of 40% Goku, 40% Vegeta and 20% others.

131 individual votes, 91 of those were valid.
Results (273 Votes)
1st Place Selections
1st: Goku with 34 selections
2nd: Vegeta with 11 selections
3rd: Gohan with 9 selections
4th: Piccolo with 6 selections
5th: Kuririn and Yamcha with 4 selections
Last edited by LightBing on Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:23 am, edited 7 times in total.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Kazenshuu Character Survey 2015

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:36 pm

LightBing wrote:Inspired by the character polls that sometimes ran during the original serialization.

You vote in your three favorite characters, in order. The first gets 3 votes, the second 2 votes and the third 1 vote. I did this so that there's a better grasp of how the characters place, instead of 40% Goku, 40% Vegeta and 20% others.

I'll leave the survey open for a week (7 days). Since this is to generate discussion, please comment on the merits of the characters you voted,try to predict the results, etc...
The point is for this to be informative and fun.

http://goo.gl/forms/mwhh5AbbzZ

The results will be posted here.
I feel like Vegtea will be #1 then Goku at #2 and Trunks at #3.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: Kazenshuu Character Survey 2015

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:42 pm

soppa saia people wrote:
LightBing wrote:Inspired by the character polls that sometimes ran during the original serialization.

I'll leave the survey open for a week (7 days). Since this is to generate discussion, please comment on the merits of the characters you voted,try to predict the results, etc...
The point is for this to be informative and fun.

http://goo.gl/forms/mwhh5AbbzZ

The results will be posted here.
I feel like Vegtea will be #1 then Goku at #2 and Trunks at #3.
He's #1 for me. :D
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

precita
Banned

Re: Kanzenshuu Character Survey 2015

Post by precita » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:45 pm

I had to give a vote to my man Yamcha. The amount of meme jokes about him are absurd.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:47 pm

The top two characters will certainly be Vegeta and Goku. Honestly the order of the rest of the characters is the most interesting for me. So who will be the most voted movie character, Broly or Beerus? Beerus should make a splash in this.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:50 pm

Already know two of my votes, but actually having a hard time figuring out the #2 spot right now. Hmm...
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:51 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Already know two of my votes, but actually having a hard time figuring out the #2 spot right now. Hmm...
I wonder who's your favorite :P

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:52 pm

My votes went to:
-Beerus
-Vegeta
-Bulma
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:58 pm

#1 Gokû
#2 Vegeta
#3 Whis

Honorable mention #4 is Beerus. ^^ Whis slightly edges him out for me because of how entertaining he's been in Super.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:02 pm

I forgot, please specify in the case of characters like Trunks or any others that deserve a distinction.
Gyt Kaliba wrote:Already know two of my votes, but actually having a hard time figuring out the #2 spot right now. Hmm...
I also struggled deciding the number 2, it was between Kuririn and Goku. In the end the main character edge out. I kept thinking of their big moments and Goku just had so many... Exposure was the deciding factor.

Ashelia
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ashelia » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:04 pm

This is how I wanna vote,
1. Vegeta
2. Majin Vegeta
3. Kid Vegeta
.....can I do that or will you throw out my votes? >.>

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:10 pm

#1 Yamcha
#2 Krillin
#3 Roshi

I wanted to put Turtle as a gag but...nah that doesn't sound very fun in the end.
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:14 pm

Ashelia wrote:This is how I wanna vote,
1. Vegeta
2. Majin Vegeta
3. Kid Vegeta
That's all variations of the same character. It's still the same individual at different moments of his life. I can't accept Majin Vegeta and Kid Vegeta.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:17 pm

Oh yeah my votes
1 Piccolo
2 Krilln
3 son Goku
LightBing wrote:I forgot, please specify in the case of characters like Trunks or any others that deserve a distinction.
I also struggled deciding the number 2, it was between Kuririn and Goku. In the end the main character edge out. I kept thinking of their big moments and Goku just had so many... Exposure was the deciding factor.
son of a submariner if I knew that Kid Goku would have been #1.
EDIT : nevermind.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Ashelia
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ashelia » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:25 pm

LightBing wrote:
Ashelia wrote:This is how I wanna vote,
1. Vegeta
2. Majin Vegeta
3. Kid Vegeta
That's all variations of the same character. It's still the same individual at different moments of his life. I can't accept Majin Vegeta and Kid Vegeta.
Aww alright but does this mean GT variations are being counted as the same character too, ie GT Trunks=Trunks=/=Future Trunks. I ask because many separate the GT versions of characters.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:32 pm

Ashelia wrote:Aww alright but does this mean GT variations are being counted as the same character too, ie GT Trunks=Trunks=/=Future Trunks. I ask because many separate the GT versions of characters.
Yes. Or else we would end up with Manga Goku, Movie 8 Broly, GT Oob, etc... Which is a pointless differentiation to the general purpose of this thread. Although I consider Future Trunks to be a separated character from current timeline Trunks, since it's a different person altogether and not a different portrayal of the same one.

danielsan_190196
Beyond Newbie

Post by danielsan_190196 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:36 pm

My votes went to:

#1 Son Goku
#2 Whis
#3 Vegeta

For me, charisma goes first, and they (Goku and Whis) have plenty of that.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:47 pm

I voted Lunch for first place, because she's not going to get any votes and she's already in my Top 5 anyway, so I do actually like her. This bumped down my numbers 1 and 2, Kuririn and Goku. They're fun and Dragon Ball isn't so dire when they are around.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Ashelia
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ashelia » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:02 pm

LightBing wrote:
Ashelia wrote:Aww alright but does this mean GT variations are being counted as the same character too, ie GT Trunks=Trunks=/=Future Trunks. I ask because many separate the GT versions of characters.
Yes. Or else we would end up with Manga Goku, Movie 8 Broly, GT Oob, etc... Which is a pointless differentiation to the general purpose of this thread. Although I consider Future Trunks to be a separated character from current timeline Trunks, since it's a different person altogether and not a different portrayal of the same one.
Alright, just making sure.

These are always really difficult for me as I like nearly everyone equally minus Vegeta who is always #1(...#2 and #3) but its fun to see who makes the cut each time.
I'm off to go cry though for putting Bulma over Chi Chi cause I just realized that probably no one is gonna vote for Chi Chi ;__;

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:28 pm

Ashelia wrote:
LightBing wrote:
Alright, just making sure.

These are always really difficult for me as I like nearly everyone equally minus Vegeta who is always #1(...#2 and #3) but its fun to see who makes the cut each time.
I'm off to go cry though for putting Bulma over Chi Chi cause I just realized that probably no one is gonna vote for Chi Chi ;__;
What about DBZAOTA ?

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸