Kanzenshuu Character Survey 2015 - RESULTS!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Adamant
I Live Here

Re: Kanzenshuu Character Survey 2015

Post by Adamant » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:46 pm

Goku
Freeza
Piccolo

Yeah yeah, I'm boring
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:50 pm

1- Goku
2- Mr. Buu
3 - Piccolo

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:08 pm

1. Future Trunks
2. Goku
3. Frieza

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:17 am

Kuririn, Goku, Vegeta

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:34 am

I listed my number 1 choice as "Majin Buu", to avoid having to pick between Fat Buu and Super Buu. I didn't read the first page of the thread (where you said to specify in the case of e.g. Trunks/future Trunks) until after I was done voting. Sorry about that. I can just vote again using the same name, right?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:17 am

I did the poll yesterday and forgot to post about it until now, but I believe my picks were:

1) Gokuu
2) Tenshinhan
3) Pilaf

I like a lot of characters for a lot of different reasons, so it was hard to narrow it down. But I think these three characters summarize my fandom the best.
-Rachel

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:14 am

1) Goku
2) Yamcha
3) Tenshinhan

3 of the original 5's.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:17 am

I voted yesterday and went with:

1. Vegeta
2. Goku
3. Tenshinhan

Not sure why I put Goku at number 2, I much prefer Freeza. Submitted my list in a rush before heading out for the day, and I guess I didn't think too hard. Shame I can't change my vote!
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:05 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:I listed my number 1 choice as "Majin Buu", to avoid having to pick between Fat Buu and Super Buu. I didn't read the first page of the thread (where you said to specify in the case of e.g. Trunks/future Trunks) until after I was done voting. Sorry about that. I can just vote again using the same name, right?
Sure, no problem. I'll count your second vote.
Ajay wrote:I voted yesterday and went with:

1. Vegeta
2. Goku
3. Tenshinhan

Not sure why I put Goku at number 2, I much prefer Freeza. Submitted my list in a rush before heading out for the day, and I guess I didn't think too hard. Shame I can't change my vote!
You want to trade Goku for Freeza? Or put Freeza in second, bringing Goku to third? Let me know, I'll correct it.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:41 am

LightBing wrote:You want to trade Goku for Freeza? Or put Freeza in second, bringing Goku to third? Let me know, I'll correct it.
The final list would be:

1. Vegeta
2. Freeza
3. Tenshinhan

Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:54 am

1.Piccolo
2.Gohan
3.Future Trunks
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

AS_Saiyan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by AS_Saiyan » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:07 pm

*First post on the Forum :D

Voted few hours ago, before my account was activated, so sorry if you thought it was spam or something.
My choices were -
1. Kuririn
2. Goku
3. Piccolo
New User :) A Dragonball fan for over 10 years. My favorite character(s) are Kuririn and Goku.
And yeah, I need to find better signature.

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:17 pm

1) Son Goku
2) Bulma
3) Cell
5) Karin  :D

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:59 pm

1- Son Goku
2- Demon King Piccolo
3- Freeza
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:07 pm

AS_Saiyan wrote:*First post on the Forum :D

Voted few hours ago, before my account was activated, so sorry if you thought it was spam or something.
My choices were -
1. Kuririn
2. Goku
3. Piccolo
Yeah, I tried looking for your user name and didn't find it. You were in my "blacklist". But it's all cleared up now.
Welcome to the community!
LuckyCat wrote:1) Son Goku
2) Bulma
3) Cell
5) Karin  :D
Did you vote using the link? I don't see you there.

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:09 pm

LightBing wrote:Did you vote using the link? I don't see you there.
My firewall won't let me access the site, but I'll do it officially soon. (Hope Cell is actually there... :lol: )

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:59 pm

I remember seeing a lot of these in one piece issues a while back. If we're using characters as they are now then Gohan goes out the window :( . There's hardly any Goten or Trunks anymore. I wish you put 5 votes just to put them in anyways.

I went
1. Goku
2. Piccolo
3. Vegeta... though Whis was really reeeally close. Like too close..Pre-Super, Vegeta would have been at #2

baneofdemon22
Beyond Newbie

Post by baneofdemon22 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:58 pm

1. Goku- My favorite fictional character. The guy reflects all my childhood dreams. It might be odd to say that a fictional character brightens my day, but he truly does.

2. Vegeta- He wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the Boo arc, but after seeing his redemption in that arc it makes me appreciate him much more in the earlier arcs. It's kind of like how I saw Darth Vader as a pretty standard cartoonish bad guy in Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back, but thanks to Return of the Jedi, I love him in previous movies and see more depth to his actions.

3. Freeza- I had to choose Freeza as my third pick simply because whenever I start reading or watching Dragon Ball I can't stop thinking "I want to get to Freeza." I need a good villain to keep myself invested in a fight, and Freeza was a fantastic villain.

Avior259

Post by Avior259 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:35 am

I think I voted the other day but I'll post what I voted/would vote for here anyway ^^.

1. Goku - 'Cause you just gotta love that guy right? Hilarious and always fun to watch.

2. Bulma - Was thinking about this one for a bit then eventually decided Bulma, she's a classic and such an awesome 'support' character.

3. Krillin - I was debating whether or not to put Krillin as my No.2 but just put Bulma instead cause why not, Krillin is such a great character. He is the funny guy who's always there and trying even if he doesn't stand a chance :P. But that's what makes him so cool! ... so mondo cool.

It was actually pretty difficult to choose which characters I wanted, I like so many D:, considered of course putting Vegeta or Gohan, may've put Freeza but nah.

Darkblade1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkblade1995 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:21 am

My picks were:

1. Goku
2. Bardock
3. Piccolo