The Dragon Ball Ford Focus ad on YouTube

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: The Dragon Ball Ford Focus ad on YouTube

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:00 pm

precita wrote:Was that Faulconer dub music in that ad?
No, that was just some stock music. I've watched the FUNI dub in it's entirety more than once, so I would've recognized it if it was. I will say though that the electronic booping sounds near the end of it were very reminiscient of the score though! It's possible they wanted something in the style of the Team Faulconer OST? Who knows :P ?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:29 pm

This looks really cool, and props for getting the dub cast to do it, but man the footage looks like complete garbage. All those missing lines, especially on Goten and Trunks.

Sucks that this is what we're stuck with.

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:49 am

Wait, people are really complaining because they are using scenes from the anime? dude we got a commercial by a BIG car company decades after the show's highest point, stop complaning dammit!.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:57 pm

Black_Liger wrote:Wait, people are really complaining because they are using scenes from the anime? dude we got a commercial by a BIG car company decades after the show's highest point, stop complaning dammit!.
Yeah, people really shouldn't be complaining about this... They definitely didn't have to do this, and everyone should be glad that they did. It brings more attention to the series.
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:25 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:It seems they released another one.
Witness An Unbelievable Fusion

Why do I get the feeling we are being watched? :lol: What I really think is, the first one was innocent: The creators of the commercial are honest to goodness fans and had a chance to make a car commercial showing that. This one though: Ford is gauging our reactions-they wonder could they seriously use anime as a niche market for American advertisement. :P

But I'm positive overall. I like the attention. Now we just need Rainbow Dash trying to sell me on vegan and 2016 will be on the right path to awesome.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:50 am

This one wasn't as good. Roshi is the only one who said anything that wouldn't fit normally. Bit disappointed.

Vynak
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vynak » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:46 pm

Definitely not as good as the first one. Concept is cute but the execution is a bit lacking

Romans Empire

Post by Romans Empire » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:16 pm

This ad is very cringe worthy. Why did they bother doing this.
DBZ is my childhood. I have recordings from the good ole Toonami days. I treasure them dearly.

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:44 pm

Romans Empire wrote:This ad is very cringe worthy. Why did they bother doing this.
Your avatar is making me dizzy, would you mind changing it??
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.