2016 Dragon Ball Predictions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: 2016 Dragon Ball Predictions

Post by sintzu » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:27 pm

CashmanX wrote:I won't be touching the home release of Super with a ten foot pole.
I agree with this 100% which is something I never thought I'd say about a DB product but we're to a point where Super's quality isn't even average anymore, it's just bad.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:39 pm

sintzu wrote:
CashmanX wrote:I won't be touching the home release of Super with a ten foot pole.
I agree with this 100% which is something I never thought I'd say about a DB product but we're to a point where Super's quality isn't even average anymore, it's just bad.

Let's hope it's the situation that Naruto fans hope for with Naruto.....there's bad animation NOW so they save funds for the good stuff, aka U6. Hopefully that's true. I've accepted the bad animation in super, I hate it but I don't expect an upgrade, but that'd be welcomed. It certainty has better colors then battle of gods.

2016 is the first full year with the 5th dragonball series-super, let's hope it doesn't end and improves.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:50 pm

sintzu wrote:
First off, you removed part of what he said there, second Super's not much worse than Z.
Z is packed to the gills with awful art and has plenty of episodes with awful pacing and direction.
As far as direction and writing goes we had a really nice string of episodes until just recently, a few bad episodes one after another doesn't instantly make the whole thing bad.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:13 pm

ArchedThunder wrote: Z is packed to the gills with awful art.

And has plenty of episodes with awful pacing and direction.

A few bad episodes doesn't instantly make the whole thing bad.
The amount of bad art in all of Z is probably less then what we've gotten in 25 episodes of Super.

Sure Z's pacing wasn't great but the fights were all worth the wait. can you say that about Super's fights ? The current fight is so bad that I'm not even going to call it a fight.

If those bad episodes are the main battles then they do make the whole thing bad.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:17 pm

In DBZ (except the Bardock special) there is no good drawing of First Form Frieza. Literally none. Super has a few.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:22 pm

Z had great pacing. I think people are just impatient.

Also Super has a lot of flaws, I'm not fond of some but I don't think super has a bad pacing. In fact Super's version of BOG was better then the film itself. I know a lot of people will disagree with me on that here but I think it's MUCH more enjoyable personally. Still gotta finish ROF to judge it.

Also don't forget, Z's animation is decades old and has less flaws. People gotta freeze frame to find em, in Super they're obvious.

I hope Super looks better in 2016, I think with new content it'll be MUCH more liked by the fanbase. Just wait, people will change their tones when they see new stuff. A lot of people are just skipping of BOG and ROF arcs.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:46 pm

sintzu wrote:

The amount of bad art in all of Z is probably less then what we've gotten in 25 episodes of Super.

Sure Z's pacing wasn't great but the fights were all worth the wait. can you say that about Super's fights ? The current fight is so bad that I'm not even going to call it a fight.

If those bad episodes are the main battles then they do make the whole thing bad.
The climax battle of the BoG arc was pretty great and Z's fights weren't perfect, they padded them out with talking at lots of repeated animation, especially those famous random flurry of punches that are usually made up of only a few frames. The last two episodes of Super has some pretty lame fighting, but there are still 2 more episodes to the arc (the last two episodes of the BoG arc where were most of the good action was), and even if we don't get great fighting there it doesn't matter too much as long as Universe 6 provides some more action like the cool stuff we saw in the climax of the BoG arc. Hell, even the training we saw before between BoG and Goku and Vegeta showing up on Earth in the F arc wasn't too bad.
And the battles aren't the only part of Dragon Ball, the episodes in between the BoG arc and when Freeza landed on Earth for his revenge were all pretty good, a few bad episodes in a row doesn't invalidate those or the BoG fight.
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote: Also don't forget, Z's animation is decades old and has less flaws. People gotta freeze frame to find em, in Super they're obvious.
Z pacing was pretty bad a lot of the time, it's less noticeable when you are watching the episodes when you want, but for something that originally aired one episode a week it was pretty wack.
Z has lots of weird and bad art that doesn't require you to freeze frame to see it, that picture of Freeza I posted is an example.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:53 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
sintzu wrote:

The climax battle of the BoG arc was pretty great and Z's fights weren't perfect, they padded them out with talking at lots of repeated animation, especially those famous random flurry of punches that are usually made up of only a few frames. The last two episodes of Super has some pretty lame fighting, but there are still 2 more episodes to the arc, and even if we don't get great fighting there it doesn't matter too much as long as Universe 6 provides some more action like the cool stuff we saw in the climax of the BoG arc. Hell, even the training we saw before between BoG and Goku and Vegeta showing up on Earth in the F arc wasn't too bad.
And the battles aren't the only part of Dragon Ball, the episodes in between the BoG arc and when Freeza landed on Earth for his revenge were all pretty good, a few bad episodes in a row doesn't invalidate those or the BoG fight.
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote: Also don't forget, Z's animation is decades old and has less flaws. People gotta freeze frame to find em, in Super they're obvious.
Z pacing was pretty bad a lot of the time, it's less noticeable when you are watching the episodes when you want, but for something that originally aired one episode a week it was pretty wack.
Z has lots of weird and bad art that doesn't require you to freeze frame to see it, that picture of Freeza I posted is an example.

I saw em as they aired on toonami and I am never gonna quite. I'm watching movie 13 right now and I gotta say, there's never been bad pacing for me. I can't think of a time when the pacing felt bad, my actual complaint as a kid was there wasn't ENOUGH scenes or episodes. People say it's slow, I say perfect, in a sense that yeah I wanted more but that's because it was so good.

Only GT's first arc had bad pacing IMO.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:57 pm

ArchedThunder wrote: The battles aren't the only part of Dragon Ball.
But they're the most important part so messing them up will mess up everything else.

VegetaSSJG

Post by VegetaSSJG » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:55 pm

When did this turn into another argument about Super's animation? :\
(I know my profile picture doesn't match my account name, now go away)

My pages-YouTube, Tumblr, DeviantArt, Twitter:
https://elink.io/p/booyacy

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:24 am

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:Z had great pacing. I think people are just impatient.
Dude really ? Z took about 30+ episodes to finish the Saiyan Saga.And the Freeza vs. Goku fight last about 20 episodes,even in Kai (which cutted a lot of stuff) the fight still takes around 12 episodes.Just imagine the shitstorm of hate Z will get if it airs the first time now.

Romans Empire

Post by Romans Empire » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:28 am

I would love xenoverse 2 because this opens the doors for Goku to turn Super saiyan God 3.
DBZ is my childhood. I have recordings from the good ole Toonami days. I treasure them dearly.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:31 pm

sintzu wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote: The battles aren't the only part of Dragon Ball.
But they're the most important part so messing them up will mess up everything else.
The battles only became the most important part AFTER a certain point in the story.

Obviously Super doesn't think the battles are the most important part anymore, what's so hard to get here?

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:48 pm

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:
Dude really ? Z took about 30+ episodes to finish the Saiyan Saga.And the Freeza vs. Goku fight last about 20 episodes,even in Kai (which cutted a lot of stuff) the fight still takes around 12 episodes.Just imagine the shitstorm of hate Z will get if it airs the first time now.

Well you're entitled to feel your way, but those examples are to quick IMO. I would I've to see more fists flying in goku vs frieza, it's so epic.
The Saiyan Saga didn't show enough of the training for the Saiyans, I'd like to see more of it. 30 episodes wasn't enough. I know Gohan and the robot isn't the best, but hey I liked all the filler in the saiyan saga, more insight of piccolo's training, Tien and Krillin and company going up and meeting Korin.....yeah I'd like all that. That's me.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:20 pm

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:
You DO know how to the whole don't catch up to the manga that is produced weekly like anime thing works, right? And adapting the quick action of 14 pages to 20 minutes?

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:15 pm

Kuririn Fan wrote:
SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:
You DO know how to the whole don't catch up to the manga that is produced weekly like anime thing works, right? And adapting the quick action of 14 pages to 20 minutes?
I know that,thats why i added the Kai version,which is not as slow as the original but still pretty slow (at least compared to Super).

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:26 pm

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote: I know that,thats why i added the Kai version,which is not as slow as the original but still pretty slow (at least compared to Super).
Wha....?! Kai is way faster than Super. That shit's pacing is worse than Z's average pace.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:28 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
SSJ3 Vegeta wrote: I know that,thats why i added the Kai version,which is not as slow as the original but still pretty slow (at least compared to Super).
Wha....?! Kai is way faster than Super. That shit's pacing is worse than Z's average pace.
Really ? the ROF arc is going way too fast.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:27 pm

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Really ? the ROF arc is going way too fast.

I'd agree if it was an original arc and not a remake. We know and see nthe story so it's not needed at a longer length, but if U6 is this fast, then that'd be a BIG problem. Also sick gif man! :3

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:43 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Super so far hasn't had a battle that lasted nearly a dozen episodes like in Kai or Z.