Reaction to Movie 7's Intro Scene: WTF?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Black_Anime_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Reaction to Movie 7's Intro Scene: WTF?

Post by Black_Anime_Fan » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:00 pm

I'll be honest, I've never seen any of DBZ's movies, save for the two newest ones, until about a month ago. I'm currently on Movie 7, but was anyone else creeped the **** out on that scene with 17 killing Gero? Everything seemed so dark, and the scene brutal, but what made it creepy was the animation, it looked so....weird.
Goku wrote:You haven't figured it out yet? I'm the Saiyan who came all the way from Earth for the sole purpose of beating you. I am the warrior you've heard of in legends, pure of heart and awakened by fury. That's what I am. I AM THE SUPER SAIYAN, SON GOKU!
DBZ ended after the Frieza Saga.

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REG

Re: Reaction to Movie 7's Intro Scene: WTF?

Post by shinmaru » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:56 pm

Not the best animation, but still liked this movie and that scene.
its not official but for me this movie takes place in the future that
Trunks saved, the same Trunks that got killed and robbed from his time machine by Cell.

TheatreStyleKai
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheatreStyleKai » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:06 pm

shinmaru wrote:its not official but for me this movie takes place in the future that
Trunks saved, the same Trunks that got killed and robbed from his time machine by Cell.
That's funny, I've always had the same thought. It would explain why everyone can be leisurely enjoying a day shopping in the city without worrying about No. 17 and No. 18, but why nobody has apparently spent any time training in the RoS&T.

Black_Anime_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Black_Anime_Fan » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:36 pm

See I always thought these timelines would make sense if you take what you knew from the show and see how it makes sense in the movies if events were changed slightly but could've happened in the show.
Goku wrote:You haven't figured it out yet? I'm the Saiyan who came all the way from Earth for the sole purpose of beating you. I am the warrior you've heard of in legends, pure of heart and awakened by fury. That's what I am. I AM THE SUPER SAIYAN, SON GOKU!
DBZ ended after the Frieza Saga.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:30 pm

Always looked normal to me.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Weird is a word. Holy f*** is an emotion

Your WTF reaction for da "intro" striked me throughout da "whole" goddamn movie

Dafuq TOEI was tryin to pull?

Animation was horrendrous, art looked bland at best. Fights were choreographed badly & chronic abindance of asspulls (Veggie comin frm icebergs, piccolo popping frm ice surface, Goku absorbing Genki Dama etc)

Guess TOEI, Maeda whoever it was, tried puttin minimum effort into M7, cuz its next movie was legitimate biggie...

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:17 pm

It's like that to give it a scarier gorier effect. I liked the show's version better because the coloring. This is closer to path to power which I don't care for when compared to Z's coloring.

Still nice they didn't just copy n paste the OG scene.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)