Will Super Saiyan God be used again?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeztin
I Live Here

Will Super Saiyan God be used again?

Post by Xeztin » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:51 am

I really liked Goku's SSG form (Red Haired) because it really changed more than the hair color like the aura, body height, and weight. Goku took on a frame similar to Beerus sama which is tall and skinny apposed to tall and muscle bound. I really wished we got to see a SSG Goku with his shirt off so we could compare it to the infamous Super Saiyan stance from his fight on Namek with the clothes all tore up. Anyone think it will be used again? I wished SSJB adopted the skinny frame into its transformation so you could automatically see the difference between it and SSJ1 other than the hair color.

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Will Super Saiyan God be used again?

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:57 am

SSGSS was apparently intended to be skinny. The Goku and Vegeta settei of those forms for the film show a significant drop in muscle mass from their normal forms and the 3D models used in the movie adapted this as well. But, for whatever reason, the 2D animation and all the subsequent material and merchandise afterward ignored this and went with the regular body frame.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:01 am

I doubt it. Gokuu and Vegeta apparently have better forms that they can use alone. No need to have another form clutter the story.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:01 am

If we're talking strictly Dragon Ball Super, I'm going to make a bold prediction and say no. I think Goku will stick to Super Saiyan Blue and maybe even have one or more new transformations beyond SSJB.

I do like Super Saiyan God though and hope it does make at least one more non-flashback appearance in the series somewhere.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:02 am

I really miss ssjg; I like ssjg a whole lot, and I think it's a lot more creative than "let's color swap ssj1 from blonde to teal", but super saiyan forms are like operating systems; once they get replaced by a newer version you never get to see the old one again no matter how much you liked it. :(

At least with how much I dislike blueper saiyan I won't be depressed when it inevitably gets replaced the way I felt saddened for a good long while when I saw super saiyan god get replaced.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:08 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:SSGSS was apparently intended to be skinny. The Goku and Vegeta settei of those forms for the film show a significant drop in muscle mass from their normal forms and the 3D models used in the movie adapted this as well. But, for whatever reason, the 2D animation and all the subsequent material and merchandise afterward ignored this and went with the regular body frame.
Would this be what you are referring to? If so Vegeta is noticeably skinnier compared to Goku though you can tell they are both way different compared to their anime versions. I wish we got to see this art style to be honest.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:13 am

Kinda, but no. That's Toriyama's artwork they are based off of (which would have been skinny anyway). I'm talking about the full sheets used during production, as seen below. Though, unfortunately I couldn't find a better picture of them at the moment.
Eh, you can kinda see it better in this one:

Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:18 am

I see! thanks for sharing that, and I wonder if this has something to do with Mr. Satans frame change. I'm thinking that Toei basically took Toryiama's original drawings of them and used some of them and the rest they used from DBZ. In short they could have used Goku and Vegeta's frame from DBZ opposed to the new Skinner versions with the exclusion of SSG. As for the others like Mr.Satan they went along with the new style.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:51 pm

No chance. Super Saiyan Blue is the new thing and it's here to stay. Not to mention that considering the SSJB is stronger than SSJG, it would be pointless for any of the characters to use a weaker version of a God-like Super Saiyan form.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:30 am

I hope not.Super Saiyan God and Blooper should only be exclusive to Goku,Vegeta and that U6 Saiyan.If Gohan,Goten and Trunks will achieve the God form,it will be like Super Saiyan all over again.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:54 am

I think Ssjg & Ssjb are the same form except one needs the power of other Saiyans and the other is reached by the Saiyan himself.

So for Goku and Vegeta no but we might see Gohan use it.

That's in terms of the Anime, Heroes' has given it to the avatars and will probably give it to Vegeta, Gohan, & Future Trunks before the end of this year.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:18 am

Xeztin wrote:I see! thanks for sharing that, and I wonder if this has something to do with Mr. Satans frame change. I'm thinking that Toei basically took Toryiama's original drawings of them and used some of them and the rest they used from DBZ. In short they could have used Goku and Vegeta's frame from DBZ opposed to the new Skinner versions with the exclusion of SSG. As for the others like Mr.Satan they went along with the new style.
To be fair, Mr. Satan's been skinny since the Buu saga. That's when I definitely started to notice how much smaller he was compared to when he showed up at the Cell Games.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:16 pm

Stop trying to make skinny happen