Jaco before slump? How do you display your manga?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Jaco before slump? How do you display your manga?

Post by eledoremassis02 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:10 pm

I've been setting up my Dragon Ball collection and I have Dr. Slump after Jaco. I'd guess most of the story taks place before slump but the last part seem to go right up to Dragon Ball..so I guess I just answered my own question.

How do you/would you display your collection? Chronologically, randomly, size, Dewey Decimal or Chronologically (by publishing date)?

Last edited by eledoremassis02 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBZ_323

Re: Jaco before slump? How do you display your manga?

Post by DBZ_323 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:27 pm

Hmm, to be honest, I don't even really include Dr.Slump in my Dragon Ball collection as they're not really that related in the whole big scheme of things (especially if you compare it to Jaco) but I guess the smartest idea if you're including EVERYTHING would just to do it by publishing date
Manga Dimension: Jaco the Galactic Patrolman - Dragon Ball - Dragon Ball! Yo Son Goku and His Friends Return - Dragon Ball Z: Ressurection F - Dragon Ball Super

Revived Anime Dimension: Dragon Ball Kai - Dragon Ball Super

Anime Dimension: Dragon Ball - Dragon Ball Z - Dragon Ball Z Movies - Dragon Ball GT

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:28 pm

I don't have Dr. Slump on the same shelf, either. I have my Dragon Ball manga/books/etc on their own shelf.

That said, I placed Jaco before my DB Vizbigs.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:28 pm

Due to current living situations, my stuff is in totes rather than on a shelf, but I think at one point prior to that, I had Jaco in front of my Dragon Ball manga, followed by what I have so far of Dr. Slump, followed by Sand Land and Cowa. No idea how I'll do it when I get to re-shelve things again, but at the very least Jaco would be right next to Dragon Ball in one way or another.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:29 pm

The way I display everything is by the date I bought them, of course you could always do by alphabetical order.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:09 pm

Definitely chronological by publication. Prequels belong in the back. So after DB 42 is Jaco.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

DBZASHKACHU

Post by DBZASHKACHU » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:32 pm

My mind says chronological just because it's in order makes sense plus they line up as they were published which is cool. My eye on the other hand would be by longest running like Dragon Ball, Dr. Slump, Toriyama's one shots. Looks nice on the shelf to my eye, kinda like having a bunch of red books lined up first then random colored books after.The Dewey decimal system could be fun.
Bojack- You Fool! Any last words before you die! Gohan- Actually Bojack, there is one word that comes to mind. KAMEHAMEHA!!

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:39 am

I have a question for Toriyama enthusiasts here. Is Dr. Slump completely released in english?
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

DBZASHKACHU

Post by DBZASHKACHU » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:19 am

MCDaveG wrote:I have a question for Toriyama enthusiasts here. Is Dr. Slump completely released in english?
Yup! The Dr. Slump manga is available in English from Viz Media and Discotek has the first 5 movies on DVD. :thumbup:
Bojack- You Fool! Any last words before you die! Gohan- Actually Bojack, there is one word that comes to mind. KAMEHAMEHA!!