Dragon Ball Z Spanish Dub

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzj14

Dragon Ball Z Spanish Dub

Post by dbzj14 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:58 am

Was the Spanish dub ever released on dvd? I've found some listing on Amazon and they don't seem to be authentic releases for the Spanish dub. I'm looking for the entire dbz series/movies and possibly dragon ball & dragon ball GT in Spanish.

If anyone could lead me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it.

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Z Spanish Dub

Post by successoroffate » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:33 am

Mexican Spanish or from Spain?
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

dbzj14

Post by dbzj14 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:40 am

I meant the Mexican dub I think. I'm not too sure with the release history outside of America and Japan so I didn't know that there was a Mexican and Spanish version. I've got a co-worker from Mexico that used to watch them but hadn't seen all of them in Spanish so I've been trying to track them down for her.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:50 am

dbzj14 wrote:I meant the Mexican dub I think. I'm not too sure with the release history outside of America and Japan so I didn't know that there was a Mexican and Spanish version. I've got a co-worker from Mexico that used to watch them but hadn't seen all of them in Spanish so I've been trying to track them down for her.
I just find one of Freeza Saga in Mercado Libre : http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA ... do-dvd-_JM. it has the Latin Spanish audio and as bonus, it includes the Galician, Catalan and Original Japanese audio tracks.
Last edited by Tian on Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:51 am

dbzj14 wrote:I meant the Mexican dub I think. I'm not too sure with the release history outside of America and Japan so I didn't know that there was a Mexican and Spanish version. I've got a co-worker from Mexico that used to watch them but hadn't seen all of them in Spanish so I've been trying to track them down for her.
I am 90% sure all the LatinAmerican Spanish releases are unofficial and unlicensed. There's even Blu Ray remasters which are basically the Blu ray FUNI Episodes (I'm talking about just the video resolution) with the Spanish dub on top. The audio sometimes is a little foggy but at least some tried to clean it up a little bit. To be fan made, it's rather acceptable quality.
-----
-----

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:56 am

successoroffate wrote: I am 90% sure all the LatinAmerican Spanish releases are unofficial and unlicensed. There's even Blu Ray remasters which are basically the Blu ray FUNI Episodes (I'm talking about just the video resolution) with the Spanish dub on top. The audio sometimes is a little foggy but at least some tried to clean it up a little bit. To be fan made, it's rather acceptable quality.
You're right, I remember I bought the "Tree of Might" movie in a video store and it was just the FUNI release mixed with the Latin Spanish dub audio.

dbzj14

Post by dbzj14 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:29 pm

successoroffate wrote:
I am 90% sure all the LatinAmerican Spanish releases are unofficial and unlicensed. There's even Blu Ray remasters which are basically the Blu ray FUNI Episodes (I'm talking about just the video resolution) with the Spanish dub on top. The audio sometimes is a little foggy but at least some tried to clean it up a little bit. To be fan made, it's rather acceptable quality.
Do you know where I could find that?

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:51 pm

The Ultimate Uncut Editions and FUNimation's single for movie 5 have the Mexican dub, but that's only for a very small portion of the series. They also released a few further DVDs somewhere in Latin America with the orange brick footage, I believe.

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:04 pm

dbzj14 wrote:
successoroffate wrote:

Where ??!
El Conejo Malo

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:10 pm

dbzj14 wrote:
successoroffate wrote:

Well, for Blu Ray they are posted on Ebay every now and then (You didn't hear that from me) and the DVDs are easier to get on Ebay as well.
-----
-----