So uh this quote ?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

So uh this quote ?

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:48 pm

So I was looking back on some old posts and I saw this qoute from FUNi in a couple people's signatures ...... and a context please ?
"You shouldn't want accuracy. You shouldn't want faithfulness. You want lowest-common-denominator pandering, because that's exactly what you are - lowest-common-denominator. You have no mind of your own, and you will gobble up anything the company throws at you. You have no spine to stand up to us, and we are going to hold things back from you because there's not a chance you will speak up."
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Re: So uh this quote ?

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:57 pm

I doubt the quote is actually from FUNi. It's probably someone with a grievance against the company making an "official statement" that "exposes the true intention" behind decisions that don't reflect committing to a faithful adaptation.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:09 pm

You really think Funimation would say that? If you said who's signature you got it from, then you could probably look through their posts and see what kind of stuff they post themselves, which would probably clear it up.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:53 pm

Don't know how I remember this, but I recognize that quote from the signature of the user, 'fps_anth'.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/memberl ... ile&u=1559
In terms of context, I believe it is in reference to the controversy surrounding the 'orange brick' season sets; which were first released back in 2007 (which was, sigh, close to 8 years ago now). Notice how he's added this below the quote: "As of November 17th 2009, this signature is officially outdated. Thanks FUNimation!"
This is referring to the release of FUNi's Dragon Boxes.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:28 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Don't know how I remember this, but I recognize that quote from the signature of the user, 'fps_anth'.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/memberl ... ile&u=1559
In terms of context, I believe it is in reference to the controversy surrounding the 'orange brick' season sets; which were first released back in 2007 (which was, sigh, close to 8 years ago now). Notice how he's added this below the quote: "As of November 17th 2009, this signature is officially outdated. Thanks FUNimation!"
This is referring to the release of FUNi's Dragon Boxes.
That's what I assumed but didn't know when the Dragon Boxes were released. Thank you.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸