Official "Show off your Dragonball Crap" Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Re: Official "Show off your Dragonball Crap" Thread

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:47 am

Char Aznable wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:40 am
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:36 am
Char Aznable wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:32 am
I realized after awhile that trying to get them one by one was not going to happen namely due to Boxes 2, 4, and 7, so I ended up buying someone's complete set. I did overspend a bit but it's worth it to finally have them all. It was a pickup too, so I could transport them on my own terms which was even better. My fiancé helped me out with that immensely. I won an auction on Box 6 and the guy actually put it in an envelope and slapped some tape over it to keep the discs in place, which was infuriating because of course the box ended up damaged! Discs are good though, trying to sell it before the 30th Blu-ray announcement.

Box 4 I can't help you, but this seems to be the best you're going to do on Box 7 right now.
Ok thanks, i might just be able to set aside the cash for that one with time permitting but i'll see how things go in the next few days. As for volume 4 i'll just have to wait and see if i do eventually stumble across a reasonable deal for it at some point.
I tend to see more complete sets than the individual boxes, the only boxes that seem to be relatively common are Boxes 1, 3, 5, and 6. Box 2 has always been expensive, Box 4 is crazy, and Box 7 is also slowly joining them. As crazy as it sounds I would consider just buying someone's complete set, then maybe selling your extras. You're not going to find Box 4 for less than $300-$400 unless you buy it as part of a complete set.
I will definitely put some serious thought into doing that sometime in the near future, though i'll have to save up quite a bit of money over time for it given how much i have seen complete FUNi Dragon Box sets going for on eBay.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Omori
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omori » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:42 pm

4 years late.. I finally found "Volume F" in a manga store in Tokyo for 300 Yen just next to all the other 42 volumes.
I did not expect to find it anymore since it's not supposed to be sold and it was printed with a limited amount for cinema guests of "Fukkatsu no F" in 2015.

Are there any numbers on how many copies actually exist? :think:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:50 am

Omori wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:42 pmAre there any numbers on how many copies actually exist? :think:
That's probably a rare item so you shouldn't even open it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:23 pm

Omori wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:42 pm 4 years late.. I finally found "Volume F" in a manga store in Tokyo for 300 Yen just next to all the other 42 volumes.
I did not expect to find it anymore since it's not supposed to be sold and it was printed with a limited amount for cinema guests of "Fukkatsu no F" in 2015.

I bought this once upon a time. I was terribly disappointed. Maybe it's my fault for not researching, but I thought this would be a manga version of the Resurrection F movie. Nope. Just a thick promotional brochure.

Char Aznable
Regular

Post by Char Aznable » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:06 pm

Figured I’d share some images of the collection now that it’s ‘complete’. Obviously Broly will be out on Tuesday and Super is still ongoing, but as of right now I have pretty much everything that I want for the series. I’ve had to do some shuffling around since my last set of images to get everything to fit perfectly. The Blu-ray shelf has some placeholder stuff that’ll be filled in with the remaining parts of Super (and that stuff will go to another shelf).

Yes, I do own Dragon Ball twice over and the movies and specials in both 4:3 and 16:9, for varying reasons.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:22 pm

Char Aznable wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:06 pm Figured I’d share some images of the collection now that it’s ‘complete’. Obviously Broly will be out on Tuesday and Super is still ongoing, but as of right now I have pretty much everything that I want for the series. I’ve had to do some shuffling around since my last set of images to get everything to fit perfectly. The Blu-ray shelf has some placeholder stuff that’ll be filled in with the remaining parts of Super (and that stuff will go to another shelf).

Yes, I do own Dragon Ball twice over and the movies and specials in both 4:3 and 16:9, for varying reasons.

Looking like a nice completed setup there, man, Anyways i recently reorganized my entire Dragon Ball home video collection on my anime rack again and took an updated photo to show, so it is a ordered a little differently this time from the last photos i have put up of it in this thread. Also, if you're wondering that thick case there with the DBZ Kid Buu single insert artwork you see is what holds my newly acquired Dragon Box Z volume 7 discs. Note that you can see my other non Dragon Ball anime DVDs as well but just disregard those since they are not relevant to it.

Lucky_Deity

Post by Lucky_Deity » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:07 am

Since I posted here around nearly a year ago, my collection has gotten much bigger, not as big as I'd like it to be but I'm slowly working my way there, I'm only a Uni student after all so I can't spend all my money on DB... unfortunately.
This is the main bulk of my collection, I also own a few figures (Goku, Bulma & Cui) and one Funko Pop (Vegeta) as well as a Mr. Popo plushy plus a few key chains, posters and shirts but the pictures turned out blurry when uploading them on here from my phone.
I own a set of the Dragon Ball's as well.
I also collect the DBS Trading Card game here and there but I'm not really going out of my way to collect for it, just pick up a booster pack every now and then when I have some spare change.
I mainly focus on collecting the anime, manga and video games, anything else is just a bonus.

I own the Yamcha manga in Japanese as at the time I didn't know if it was going to get licensed in English or not, glad I own both versions though, is nice to compare.

I want to upgrade my copies of BoG and RF to the Limited / Collector's Edition's.

...I also own DB Evolution on Blu-Ray but that isn't deserving of a photo.

Omori
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omori » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:35 am

TheGreatness25 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:23 pm
Omori wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:42 pm 4 years late.. I finally found "Volume F" in a manga store in Tokyo for 300 Yen just next to all the other 42 volumes.

I bought this once upon a time. I was terribly disappointed. Maybe it's my fault for not researching, but I thought this would be a manga version of the Resurrection F movie. Nope. Just a thick promotional brochure.
True, but it's still interesting. An official timeline about the events related to Freeza, further explanations and of course the movie script (interesting to compare the differences)
And a nice touch to see "(c) BIRD STUDIO 2015"
There is no other book since then referring to Toriyama's studio, right (as script and character designs were made there).
Since "Dragon Ball Super" there was no "Bird Studio" product anymore, right? :think:

Chilly

Post by Chilly » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:49 pm

Recently finished my English run of Dragon Ball. Not an extensive collection by any means, but I'm pretty happy with it. Aside from the Viz English DB, I recently picked up the Spainish Full Color Saiyan Arc volumes and the 34th volume of the Kanzenban.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:21 pm

Chilly wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:49 pm Recently finished my English run of Dragon Ball. Not an extensive collection by any means, but I'm pretty happy with it. Aside from the Viz English DB, I recently picked up the Spainish Full Color Saiyan Arc volumes and the 34th volume of the Kanzenban.

Nice manga collection there, i currently have volumes 1-5 of the red Shonen Jump "English Tankobon" books covering the DB part of the manga and 1-3 of the Z section so it's a work in progress at this point.

Chilly

Post by Chilly » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:47 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:21 pm Nice manga collection there, i currently have volumes 1-5 of the red Shonen Jump "English Tankobon" books covering the DB part of the manga and 1-3 of the Z section so it's a work in progress at this point.
Thanks! I would definitely say my DB collection is all over the place. Even though I have the full English 3-in-1 run, I know they aren't perfect. I do like the red Tankobons because of the compact-ness of it and the covers. I'm sure you'll have all of the volumes no time. I didn't take any photos of my DVDs/Blu-rays because its less complete. :lol: I have the Funi singles for the movies sans the First Strike box set for movies (1-3), Kai on DVD and the two Level sets. I'm slowly working my way to buy Kai TFC on Blu-ray though. I'm sure they'll pop up on eBay at a bargain price eventually.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:17 pm

Chilly wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:47 pm
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:21 pm Nice manga collection there, i currently have volumes 1-5 of the red Shonen Jump "English Tankobon" books covering the DB part of the manga and 1-3 of the Z section so it's a work in progress at this point.
Thanks! I would definitely say my DB collection is all over the place. Even though I have the full English 3-in-1 run, I know they aren't perfect. I do like the red Tankobons because of the compact-ness of it and the covers. I'm sure you'll have all of the volumes no time. I didn't take any photos of my DVDs/Blu-rays because its less complete. :lol: I have the Funi singles for the movies sans the First Strike box set for movies (1-3), Kai on DVD and the two Level sets. I'm slowly working my way to buy Kai TFC on Blu-ray though. I'm sure they'll pop up on eBay at a bargain price eventually.
Yeah i am gradually collecting the SJ tankobon style volumes slowly but surely, and soon i will eventually get the rest in due time. Of course my entire DB home video collection you can see a few posts up and it's grown over quite a few years as i have been getting all the series and movies.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:51 am

I own all 21 GT Singles but honestly never liked the tacky metallic GT logo, the hard boxes are at least cool, though. Replaced with these two covers by Eledoremassis2.

Since I own Dragon Ball: Collection Part 1 and 2, basically the whole Saga Set release in two boxes this goes nicely next to it. I thought about replacing the packaging of the Dragon Box Z but couldn't be bothered.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:17 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:51 am I own all 21 GT Singles but honestly never liked the tacky metallic GT logo, the hard boxes are at least cool, though. Replaced with these two covers by Eledoremassis2.

Since I own Dragon Ball: Collection Part 1 and 2, basically the whole Saga Set release in two boxes this goes nicely next to it. I thought about replacing the packaging of the Dragon Box Z but couldn't be bothered.
Wow those are some cool pieces of artwork there, it looks almost like official release art. :thumbup:

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:57 pm

Here is my entire DB home media collection again, but this time updated with the custom cases and covers for Dragon Box volumes 2 and 7.

ClayRey

Post by ClayRey » Tue May 07, 2019 3:33 am

My own collection is quite modest compared to many of you, but in my humble opinion it contains all of the essentials :)

Toy-wise: The metallic Goku head on top of the manga is something I made in grade 9 metalwork (so, back in 1999/2000) that I thought turned out rather nicely. The Piccolo and Freeza figures were (as any oldies here might recall) promotional figures given away with the purchase of a "Big Kids" meal at Burger King in the spring of 2000, and I've never been able to allow myself to get rid of them (the craftsmanship on them is actually pretty damned impressive considering they were fast food toys, and the red "Z" icons on their stands still light up when pressed, nineteen years later!) There's also a mini, Lego-esque Goku figure a friend gave me a few years ago, a Piccolo dog tag from around 2002, and a DBZ plastic cup that I can't for the life of me recall where/when I got (I would assume that it's also from Burger King, but Burger King's name/logo is nowhere to be seen on it).

I bought the Dragon Boxes one by one as they were released (same with the Rock the Dragon set, which is still unopened), so I fortunately got them at a good price (compared to what ebay is asking for them, anyway :shock: ) The funny thing is, I originally bought them for the subbed version since I couldn't stand just about anything from the English version, but now that I've been exposed to Kai and the huge improvements that came with it (dub is excellent, pacing is MUCH better), I'm seriously considering selling my Dragon Boxes now...

(note: wow, those photobucket watermarks are annoying. Is there any way around it? I only have a basic free account. I'm guessing you guys aren't using photobucket to post here?)

I recently moved and in the process came across my old DBZ monthly comics from the early 2000's, as well as my Shonen Jump issues. I only collected Shonen Jump for about two years, and coincidentally enough my final issue from my subscription ended up being the final one that contained DBZ chapters before they switched exclusively to graphic novels (just before the Buu saga). Since I had easy access to them during my move, I figured "what the hell" and spread them across my floor to take a couple photos before filing them away. I may sell them all one day, as they're kind of just taking up space at this point.

Plans for future purchases in my collection are pretty limited. I'm hoping they'll release a large, single-season box for the Kai Final Chapters blu-rays so I don't have to buy the individual parts, but that's looking like a pipe dream. I'd also like to continue buying the English colour manga from Viz, but future volumes of that seem unlikely too... :(

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Mon May 13, 2019 2:41 am

Cleaned/rearranged my Dragon Ball shelf.

(EDIT) I have the GT Green box too, just couldn't fit it in my shelf cause of the Kai sets
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Mon May 13, 2019 4:47 am

SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:41 am Image

Cleaned/rearranged my Dragon Ball shelf.

(EDIT) I have the GT Green box too, just couldn't fit it in my shelf cause of the Kai sets
Aaand already have an update lol

Moved the GT set in, moved the TV specials above the Dragon Box, and my 2 game opening singles (Budokai 3 and Sparking! Meteor, to be specific) were moved above GT and Kai. Image
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon May 27, 2019 3:31 pm

Posing another photo of the entire collection, and not just the home video stuff this time.

Anime:

Guidebooks/manga:

Games:

Akamay
Beyond Newbie

Post by Akamay » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:24 pm

Got this on the mail today: