Official "Show off your Dragonball Crap" Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DaFleks

Re: Official "Show off your Dragonball Crap" Thread

Post by DaFleks » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:07 pm

Some stuff I've collected over the years:

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:07 am

I just got this for my birthday, the newest edition of the ViZ manga! Really happy, it was a total surprise and I'm so happy to have this block of the manga now to go alongside my Full Colours!

It also came with a Dragon Ball Know-it-All booklet. Has that ever been printed anywhere else before?

dougo13
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dougo13 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:08 am

Took a couple days of searching local Dollaramas for the whole set. The Arlia Vegita was tough to find...

LostTimeLord
Beyond Newbie

Post by LostTimeLord » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:12 am

So I guess technically official Dragon Ball Super Haribo is a thing, though only in 10g bags. They were giving these out at London Comic Con:
...and then I won a goodie bag by using their online scratchcard thingy!
(that sure is awful chroma keying of my carpet)
Other sides:
The manga has the first chapter of Dragon Ball (in B&W) and DBS, using that upside-down 2-in-1 format. It's a nice version to read though, because it's almost the size of the Full Color volumes. Some other manga for scale:

kip311

Post by kip311 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:52 am

This is what my collection has turned into over the past year or so! The American Dragon Boxes were the most difficult to find.
Jonathan Joestar is best Jojo

Gaming Football

Post by Gaming Football » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:30 am

Here’s my Dragon Ball Complete Box Set(manga), my Dragon Ball Z Complete Box Set(manga), the For Your Entertainment(FYE) Exclusive Complete Series Collector’s Edition of the FUNimation Dragon Ball DVD Season Sets(Blue Bricks), the FUNimation Dragon Ball Z Dragon Box Volumes, the FUNimation original individual DVD home video releases for the Dragon Ball Z animated television specials Bardock: The Father of Goku and The History of Trunks, the Movie Packs for the first 17 Dragon Ball animated movies, the Blu-Ray releases of the Dragon Ball Z animated movies Battle of Gods and Resurrection F, the Dragon Ball Super animated movie Broly, and Dragon Ball Super itself(Part 10 pending), and finally, the FUNimation Dragon Ball GT DVD Season Sets(Green Bricks).

I’m gonna add to this collection in the future...
Ossu! Ora Goku!

Beiga

Post by Beiga » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:00 pm

I have a few more WCF (the mini-figs) in my office at work, but this is the majority of my collection now.

Used to have a nearly complete S.H. Figuarts collection, but decided to keep it to just my top three favorite characters.

I reeeeeally struggled selling Kamesennin and Kuririn, though. They're my 4 & 5.

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:39 pm

Mine has shrunk over the years when it came to what I have on display, mainly from having lack of space for all of it as well as interest in Anime not as much so most of it is kept in a wardrobe.

This is what I currently have on display:

I use to have the FUNi Dragon Box sets years back but sold them. Still yet to get the GT and Movies sets when I can.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:50 pm

Here's another photo of the collection, specifically the main anime section this time as this is the most up to date portion out of everything i own that is Dragon Ball related.

DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:25 am

So for the more knowledgeable here.

What's the best version I can buy for the 3 Dragon Ball films + Path to Power? Individual releases on DVD or that 4 movie pack from 2011?

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:21 am

ZombieVito wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:25 am So for the more knowledgeable here.

What's the best version I can buy for the 3 Dragon Ball films + Path to Power? Individual releases on DVD or that 4 movie pack from 2011?
The four movie pack is good for Blood Rubies, Mystical Adventure and Path to Power, however with Sleeping Princess on the other hand you'll want to get the old single disc release from 2005 because the version on the four movie pack has a terrible frame rate issue where the fps appears as though it was halved and any panning or fast motion shots look absolutely atrocious. Seriously, it looks really bad in motion and thus that's why i hunted down the single disc separate from movies 3 and 4 to have an actual good version without that flaw.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:53 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:21 am

The four movie pack is good for Blood Rubies, Mystical Adventure and Path to Power, however with Sleeping Princess on the other hand you'll want to get the old single disc release from 2005 because the version on the four movie pack has a terrible frame rate issue where the fps appears as though it was halved and any panning or fast motion shots look absolutely atrocious. Seriously, it looks really bad in motion and thus that's why i hunted down the single disc separate from movies 3 and 4 to have an actual good version without that flaw.
Interesting.

How are the other 3 movies individual releases on DVD?

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:31 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:53 pm
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:21 am

Interesting.

How are the other 3 movies individual releases on DVD?
I know that the individual release of Movie 1 is more or less the exact same as the 4 pack version, while movies three and four are at least slightly different in terms of video quality mostly encoding and general video quality overall between the movie pack and single versions.

word360

Post by word360 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:38 am

Here's my entire collection, right now: The first five DBS chapters, plus dragongarowLEE's Yamcha manga.

I know it's not much (due to space and financial reasons), but it's mine! :oops:

An interloper. Just some guy who loves Dragon Ball, and most things Dragon Ball-related.

Also @word360 on Twitter.

dougo13
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dougo13 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:15 pm

Just bought these an hour ago:

Don't let that price fool you. EB Games was dumping a bunch of stuff. These cost $3.50!

dubbxyz

Post by dubbxyz » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:58 pm

Finally got around to putting together a media shelf, hoping for it to soon be dedicated to all Dragon Ball, have my Sealed Dragon Box set (minus 2, and 5 being opened- still on the hunt) in the display cabinet.

Before having everything piled up in front of each other in my panty:

After:

Dragon Box:

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:32 pm

Oh wow! I like to think of myself as pretty big fan of the series and I technically do own everything. but ya'lls collection absolutely whips me good haha :lol: :thumbup:
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

The One and Only Nam

Post by The One and Only Nam » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:56 am

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:50 pm Here's another photo of the collection, specifically the main anime section this time as this is the most up to date portion out of everything i own that is Dragon Ball related.

I've noticed you have a skinny version of the DBZ Dragon Box. Is that a bootleg or did you buy it like that?

Witty User Name
Banned

Post by Witty User Name » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:07 pm

The One and Only Nam wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:56 am
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:50 pm Here's another photo of the collection, specifically the main anime section this time as this is the most up to date portion out of everything i own that is Dragon Ball related.

I've noticed you have a skinny version of the DBZ Dragon Box. Is that a bootleg or did you buy it like that?
It looks like a bootleg to me.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:38 pm

The One and Only Nam wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:56 am

Actually, that is due to me having found Dragon Box 2 on eBay in a lot but it only had the discs without the box or DVD books so i found a custom cover which had Box 2's artwork and put the discs in a regular multi DVD case to account for the Box itself.
Last edited by SuperSaiyaManZ94 on Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.