Official "Show off your Dragonball Crap" Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mr. Robot
Not-So-Newbie

Official "Show off your Dragonball Crap" Thread

Post by Mr. Robot » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:31 pm

It speaks for itself--I'll post my box and crap later.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:35 pm

We've had these in bits and pieces before, but this is a good central location :).

Here's our current bookshelf. This is hardly all our DB-related stuff, but it is the most central one.

:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:15 pm

Awesome! A topic to show off...

Now all I need is a digital camera. :lol:
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:31 pm

Here's a look at my things.

My two Dragon Boxes (GT and Movies), along with the Scouters and Dragon Radar they came with. The envelope came from the GT Dragon Box, includes Zeni. The red box is the Ultimate Uncut Edition Vegeta Saga I starter box, which came with the first UUE DVD as well as the Goku action figure seen on top of the GT Dragon Box. If you look on the Radar box, you'll see a Capasule "case" which holds a Hoi Poi Capsule that's actually a pen when you click it. The Kamehame-Ha Goku, Super Saiyan Goku, Kid Goku on Kinto'un, Bulma riding on a jet bike, Piccolo and Super Saiyan Vegeta are all from a Gashapon set I got off of eBay.

Closer look at the goods.

All of my standard Dragon Ball/Z/GT DVDs. I nearly have all of FUNimation's Dragon Ball GT releases. Three of the DVDs (the top pile) are the Region 2 Dragon Box single DVDs from Japan. And yes, two of those cases are bootleg DVDs. Those were merely used to see the difference in quality. Subtitles are laughable.

Dragon Ball/Z VHS tapes along with my collection of Dr. Slump and Dragon Ball manga, Daizenshuu and Kanzenban releases. The VHS tapes are mainly fansubs I got yeeeeears ago. The first one and the blue cased one (which is the first Broli movie from the Mexican-Spanish dub) are the legals I have with me. Not pictured (because I can't find 'em) are my KidMark Dragon Ball VHS releases and my VHS copies of Dead Zone and Tree of Might.

Video games. Budokai 2, Budokai 3, Sparking!, Buu's Fury and Supersonic Warriors.

Lastly, The World's Strongest DVD which was released in a CD jewl case before DVDs were catching on and my 18 1/2 special soundtrack.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:41 pm

Like Mike's picture, mine is also floating around somewhere in this crazy Forum...

Mike's shelfs kicks my shelfs ass :oops: I would have more Manga if I didn't keep giving it away after I read it, I just keeps the ones I like.

And this is where I view the sexy ass Dragonbox! You probley can't make it out but there are some Dragonball stickers on my coumputer like Iam an 8 year old child. :lol:

Last edited by Tanooki Kuribo on Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:44 pm

Hey Tsukento you woulndt wanna sell that Dragonbox GT would you? :lol: :wink:

Kaze no Mune
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaze no Mune » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:44 pm

Old VHSs. The ones w/ no package are the TV edits of the first two seasons by Ocean Group. I watched a bit of them recently, and even though some were recorded with 6 hours of episodes, they're still watchable.

As you can see, all of the Viz tankobon currently out. I actually ordered some DVDs recently, so the two boxes and the three singles (hard to see, but UUE Dead Zone, movie 7, and movie 12) aren't all that I will have.

I know it's not as impressive as Mike's, but oh well. :lol:
[b]PSN: Mune-sama[/b]

Add me for some HD Remix or SF4.

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:01 pm

Damn it! I wish I weren't at school because all of my Dragon Ball stuff is at home and I want to show it off. All I have here is my Budokai and Zeta Gundam posters and Naruto manga. I will post the pictures of DBZ manga that will soon be mine off of eBay!

Next time I'm home I'll take pics of all my DVDs, games, and my jumbled drawer of action figures.

Oh and by the way Mike, are the books with the gold spines on your shelf Daizenshuu? I've never seen one in person so I was just wondering if that's what they looked like.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:12 pm

*hates all of you* :lol:

Darn...I wish I had my mother's digital camera to steal... :P When I figure out how, you may all see my rather miniscule collection. ^_^

*steals Tsukento's GT Dragon Box*
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:14 pm

Just you all wait - I'm working on getting two jobs this summer. over a grand a week = lots of DBZ crap.

I'll show you all!

*cries*

Kaze no Mune
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaze no Mune » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:18 pm

desirecampbell wrote:Just you all wait - I'm working on getting two jobs this summer. over a grand a week = lots of DBZ crap.

I'll show you all!

*cries*
Whoa! How many hours a week and who are you going to work for? :shock:

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:53 pm

Kaze no Mune wrote:
desirecampbell wrote:Just you all wait - I'm working on getting two jobs this summer. over a grand a week = lots of DBZ crap.

I'll show you all!

*cries*
Actually, 50 hours a week (altogether) will get me over a grand, but I might work more.

You have no idea how much I want more DragonBall stuff.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:56 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Hey Tsukento you woulndt wanna sell that Dragonbox GT would you? :lol: :wink:
Nope. :P I'd rather keep the Dragon Boxes. I'm actually going to work on getting the Japanese DVDs instead and sell off my FUNimation discs. Dragon Box quality stuff has convinced me my money's better spent on them. >.>

Kaze no Mune
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaze no Mune » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:57 pm

desirecampbell wrote:
Kaze no Mune wrote:

I'll show you all!

*cries*
Actually, 50 hours a week (altogether) will get me over a grand, but I might work more.

You have no idea how much I want more DragonBall stuff.
I actually do have an idea, since I am in the same boat as you. xD I'm getting a job on the basis that I want to get as many DB DVDs this summer. :D

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:02 pm

I'll show you all!

*cries*
Ditto, except just one job. Once I have more free time, I'll use my parents' digital camera to take some close ups of my manga/DVD/VHS. I even have some of the older Viz manga that are practically Kanzenban-sized.

10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:08 pm

I've been working about a year now and have been constantly buying crap. Unfortunately, my job sucks and I'm just making about $239 on a 35 hour weekly shift and can't go overtime (manager's being a cheapass so he can make more money at the end of the year as a bonus >_>).

Right now, my credit card's got just about over $400 of stuff bought with it that I gotta pay off at the end of the month. My bank account's got about $4k+ in it. Mind you, I'm saving up money for my own place and to pay dental bills.

I'm boned. XD

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:35 am

Okay, you'll have to use your imagination on this one since I lack camera.

- All of the released Viz Manga.
- About 30 - 40 random FUNI DVD's.
- A VHS of the first 4 Ocean Dub DBZ eps.
- DBZ Budokai 3 & Sparking!

If you had any trouble imagining that...good luck at life.

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:23 am

My favorite big Trunks poster... *fangirl squeel*

Those blue/green ones are DragonBall manga, the dutch releases. Each manga contains around 90 pages, that explains why they're so thin (and why I own so many of them). I own 59 manga's of DB at the moment. :lol:

Image Image Image
All my magazines, which I've scattered on my bed... ^^

My DBZ lamp. I know you're jealous. XD

I also own a Kuririn action figure (this one to be exact), and I own the Trunks special DVD. I also own a DVD from the first 3 episodes of DBZ, dubbed by Ocean. Got it for my birthday a few years ago, from my sister. Thanks sis. D:

I don't own that merchandise compared to you guys, but there's none for sale here (except for all those magazines back in the day), and I don't really ship stuff from the internet (I should start with that soon :P ). Also, I had to travel a long way in order to obtain my DVD and lovely action figure...

Oh well, I'm happy with my collection and I hope it will grow more and more. ^_^ Pictures taken with my webcam, by the way.

Ooh, almost forgot! I also own quite a lot of DB games! Such as:

- Ultimate Battle 22 (PS)
- DBGT: Final Bout (PS)
- Legacy of Goku 1 (GBA)
- Legacy of Goku 2 (GBA)
- DBZ: Budokai 2 (I own it both in japanese and in english)
- DBZ: Budokai 3
- And that one game for the GB with those cards... don't know what it's called, I got stuck at Nappa and I've never played it again.

Ooh, almost forgot this one: I also own a VHS of movie 6 dubbed by the infamous Bridge Kids studios! Hehe. XD
Last edited by Bura on Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Azure
Beyond Newbie

Post by Azure » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:58 am

Wow you guys have a lot of cool stuff, I f I get my camera working I shall post my junk I won't win on DB stakes but I may get points for my Dr Slump hoarding...XD
www.voiceacting.co.uk / www.shonen.co.uk

Son_GokouSSJ4
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son_GokouSSJ4 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:42 am

Well, these pictures are somewhat old.
I took these snapshots back in January 2005, and at that time, I was still missing the three extra daizenshuu books, and the two dragon boxes that I now own (Dragon ball GT and Dragon ball).
I also bought some other stuff in the meantime, like the 2006 calendar, the sparking game, two vinyl records from the first series, etc...
Anyways, enjoy the pictures.
PS - As soon as I get my digital camera fixed, I'll post new photos.

Here are the vinyl records.

Last edited by Son_GokouSSJ4 on Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ORA SONGOKOU DA!