Official "Show off your Dragonball Crap" Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Re: Official "Show off your Dragonball Crap" Thread

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:06 pm

samuraix123 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:58 pm
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:44 pm
samuraix123 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:55 pm It is with great joy that I can finely say...I have all of the Dragonboxes for Z! and GT!
I have always wanted them all for a long time now and thanks to my good pal eledoremassis02 I was able to acquire 2 and 4. Now that I have these and the new 30th Set, I am officially done with buying Z. I'm 30 years old. I've supported too many releases and I highly highly doubt there will be a better release than the 30th set or the dragonboxes. so I am satisfied. Maybe we'll see a bluray releases for the original series and GT but until then. FIN. :D
Quite awesome indeed, i have nearly the entire FUNi Dragon Box Z collection myself minus Box 4. I'm watching one on eBay now that's in the $200 range so i just might jump on it since that's the absolute lowest price i have ever seen it listed for at this point.
I'd say just go ahead and bite the bullet and get it over with in case the prices go up anymore than they are. I just think having the 30th set and the dragonboxes is the best I am ever going to get for watching the Z series.
Yeah, i might as well go for it since i most likely won't find it lower than that anytime soon and that's practically a bargain compared to the other ridiculous listings on there which are several times more. Same here too, because given how horrible most of the other versions have turned out i'm not expecting a better one from FUNi so the Dragon Boxes were really my only option for an acceptable release of Z.
Last edited by SuperSaiyaManZ94 on Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:08 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:06 pm
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:44 pm

Quite awesome indeed, i have nearly the entire FUNi Dragon Box Z collection myself minus Box 4. I'm watching one on eBay now that's in the $200 range so i just might jump on it since that's the absolute lowest price i have ever seen it listed for at this point.
I'd say just go ahead and bite the bullet and get it over with in case the prices go up anymore than they are. I just think having the 30th set and the dragonboxes is the best I am ever going to get for watching the Z series.
Yeah, i might as well go for it since i most likely won't find it lower than that anytime soon and that's practically a bargain compared to the other ridiculous listings on there that are several times more. Same here too, because given how horrible most of the other versions have turned out i'm not expecting a better one from FUNi so the Dragon Boxes were really my only option for an acceptable release of Z.
I wont lie. I really like the new 30th sets better than the 16x9's, but nothing will ever beat the dragonboxes for me. haha
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:12 pm

samuraix123 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:08 pm
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:06 pm
Yeah, i might as well go for it since i most likely won't find it lower than that anytime soon and that's practically a bargain compared to the other ridiculous listings on there that are several times more. Same here too, because given how horrible most of the other versions have turned out i'm not expecting a better one from FUNi so the Dragon Boxes were really my only option for an acceptable release of Z.
I wont lie. I really like the new 30th sets better than the 16x9's, but nothing will ever beat the dragonboxes for me. haha
The 30th set is at least an improvement to some degree over the Orange Bricks and Season BD's in regard to the aspect ratio, although once again the DNR and oversaturation of the image really drag it down. I'm really glad to have the Dragon Boxes as well because even with all of their flaws they are the best available presentation at this point as far as the DVD versions of the series goes.

CuppaKofe

Post by CuppaKofe » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:53 pm

This is my current collection. Not too much special as I still have quite a few sets to complete. I'll probably never be able to afford the Dragon Boxes, so legal ownership is pretty much the only reason I own the junk Blu-ray set. I eventually want to get Super on blu, but hoping Funi will release bigger, cheaper sets.

I really like this little figure set I was able to fish out of a hot topic liquidation bin. Probably my favourites out of all my DB figures.

The edgelord boys are far too big to fit on my shelf for now.

My current DB game collection.

Looking for the following Pioneer single:

SSJGAffleck
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJGAffleck » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:34 am

Not everything, but what I have on display at the moment
"Your father was an average fighter, but a bRiLlIaNt sCiEnTIsT!"- Brian Drummond's pitch-perfect voice

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:59 pm

It's been a while since i lasted posted pics of all my Dragon Ball stuff, so here's everything as of now. While it isn't quite as large or impressive as other members' collections that i've seen in this thread previously it's still a decent sized one just the same.

Anime:

Manga/Guidebooks:

Games:

Shirts:

rajan_hoxha

Re:

Post by rajan_hoxha » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:23 am

theoriginalbilis wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:15 pm Awesome! A topic to show off...

Now all I need is a digital camera. :lol:
How times have changed...

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Re: Re:

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:47 am

rajan_hoxha wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:23 am
theoriginalbilis wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:15 pm Awesome! A topic to show off...

No kidding! This thread is well over a decade old as of now and technology has seriously changed and evolved a lot since 2006. Now you can just take HD pics with your phone at the push of a button. At the time of the quoted post there cell phones then weren't really capable of such features, and it was still another year or so yet before the iPhone released.

Witty User Name
Banned

Post by Witty User Name » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:32 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:47 am

No kidding! This thread is well over a decade old as of now and technology has seriously changed and evolved a lot since 2006. Now you can just take HD pics with your phone at the push of a button. At the time of the quoted post there cell phones then weren't really capable of such features, and it was still another year or so yet before the iPhone released.
So true!

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:22 pm

I'm 30 and still have never owned a cell phone. the area that I live in has really really bad cell service so you are almost wasting your money. no lie, my mom has one and this is what a conversation sounds like ''Mak. sur. you. get som. milk. this. evenin. lol :P it just cuts in and out so you gotta try to figure out what the person is saying. haha I honestly have no interest in getting one because there's not that people left in my family worth me talking too and me and friends will just facebook each other or OMG HANG OUT IN THE REALLL haha :lol: but there is times I sure could have used them. lol
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
#1 Paikuhan fan!

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:33 am

My recent haul of UDM figures:
I love these things, I just wish there were a decent way to display them

rajan_hoxha

Post by rajan_hoxha » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:20 am

samuraix123 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:22 pm

I'm 30 and still have never owned a cell phone. the area that I live in has really really bad cell service so you are almost wasting your money. no lie, my mom has one and this is what a conversation sounds like ''Mak. sur. you. get som. milk. this. evenin. lol :P it just cuts in and out so you gotta try to figure out what the person is saying. haha I honestly have no interest in getting one because there's not that people left in my family worth me talking too and me and friends will just facebook each other or OMG HANG OUT IN THE REALLL haha :lol: but there is times I sure could have used them. lol
I know that we're going off-topic here, but I recommend an iPod Touch or at least a tablet for your situation, because it can browse the web, take photos etc but doesn't need cell data (and you can always use online services to make calls anyways)

SSGSWarrior

Post by SSGSWarrior » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:47 am

CuppaKofe wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:53 pm This is my current collection. Not too much special as I still have quite a few sets to complete. I'll probably never be able to afford the Dragon Boxes, so legal ownership is pretty much the only reason I own the junk Blu-ray set. I eventually want to get Super on blu, but hoping Funi will release bigger, cheaper sets.

I really like this little figure set I was able to fish out of a hot topic liquidation bin. Probably my favourites out of all my DB figures.

The edgelord boys are far too big to fit on my shelf for now.

My current DB game collection.

Wow, amazing collection! Did you play those old DBZ games from I think that's that Japanese SNES?? Or are they just for the collection?

Akirale Torimaki

Post by Akirale Torimaki » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:36 am

N’cha! From Penguin Village with Love!

sskura

Post by sskura » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:19 pm

Akirale Torimaki wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:36 am Image
Think your embeds broken but here: Image

Nice stuff though. Just picked up that dbz manga box set myself and got that art book a week ago too

sskura

Post by sskura » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:02 am

was just going through this thread enjoying the non dead images :( and I had to bring this back up because damn :oops: #5 and #6 are especially insane

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:46 am

sskura wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:02 am
was just going through this thread enjoying the non dead images :( and I had to bring this back up because damn :oops: #5 and #6 are especially insane
Man, I always wanted to get that hyper demensions poster haha
#1 Paikuhan fan!

sskura

Post by sskura » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:00 pm

samuraix123 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:46 am
sskura wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:02 am
Man, I always wanted to get that hyper demensions poster haha
same ever since i first saw it. just love how mean and jagged vegeta and especially goku look. rarely ever see goku drawn that menacingly

Akirale Torimaki

Post by Akirale Torimaki » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:19 pm

Here’s all my manga (so far):

Here’s all my anime (so far):

Here’s my manga/anime based video games (so far):

That’s all for my Dragon Ball/Dr. Slump collection for now, but there will be more in the future.
N’cha! From Penguin Village with Love!

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:46 pm

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

In shipping:
Image Image