Official "Show off your Dragonball Crap" Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ringworm128
Banned

Re: Official "Show off your Dragonball Crap" Thread

Post by Ringworm128 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:18 am

Rayodball wrote:Image

For some reason I find those dolls in the top left of the photo kind of creepy :shock:. Awesome manga collection though.

Rayodball

Post by Rayodball » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:24 pm

ringworm128 wrote:For some reason I find those dolls in the top left of the photo kind of creepy :shock:. Awesome manga collection though.
hahaha ... are some dolls I made ​​my girlfriend.
Do you recommend buying the new version of the manga? My plan is to buy the Kanzenban but ... new looks almost the same, in the stroke, only with color. :think:

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:24 pm

Rayodball wrote:
ringworm128 wrote: My plan is to buy the Kanzenban but ... new looks almost the same, in the stroke, only with color. :think:
The paper, quality and size are different. The kanzenban are beautiful, I got the tankobon on a whim but they don't compare. The only thing I like better about the tankobon are the covers. I was thinking of selling my tankobon even though I just got them xD

the original ero-sennin
Beyond Newbie

Post by the original ero-sennin » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Most of my Dragon Ball Crap is in boxes. But here's some of the stuff that is out and on display.

Almost all of my Dragon Ball comics, guide books, and Daizenshuu.

My Dragon Ball Dragon Box, and my US Dragon Ball Z Dragon Boxes. Also pictured is my recent CD Japan Haul. Chōzenshū Vol. 1, Full Color Comics 1-3, DBGT: Perfect File Vol. 2, the JSAT manga, and the Japanese version of Dragon Ball Evolution on Blu Ray.

Now on to my copy of DBZ Movie 01 on glorious Laser Disc. It looks to be un-played.

One of my only Dragon Ball figures is the little one of Goku. It is remarkably detailed for being so small. I picked it up from a vending machine in Tokyo.

This item is only quasi Dragon Ball related. This is a shopping back from the Jump Shop in Tokyo. The mascot featured on this bag is designed by Akira Toriyama.

And now for something completely different... My One Piece manga collection.

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:26 am

So, I suppose it's about time I posted up the stuff I've been collecting since I started living in Japan back in 2007...

Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:15 pm

Awesome book collection, I want to have something like that one day.
What is that DB Evolution book?
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/

the original ero-sennin
Beyond Newbie

Post by the original ero-sennin » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:14 pm

Raykugen wrote: What is that DB Evolution book?
The movie program, most likely.

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:41 pm

the original ero-sennin wrote:
Correct. All the items in that photo are theatrical programs (which I don't have all of, yet).

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:02 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:So, I suppose it's about time I posted up the stuff I've been collecting since I started living in Japan back in 2007...

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz25 ... 7c14be.jpg

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz25 ... cb4966.jpg

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz25 ... 84eeb2.jpg
Quite a thorough collection of Japanese material! I'm curious if you've ever looked at the Toriyama interview in that Daimao Fukatsu game guide?
SaiyaJedi wrote:
the original ero-sennin wrote:
Correct. All the items in that photo are theatrical programs (which I don't have all of, yet).
Yeah, even the JSAT 2008 Special came with a theatrical program, though its contents were very minimal.

Pretorious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pretorious » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:20 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:Correct. All the items in that photo are theatrical programs (which I don't have all of, yet).
What kind of content is in these programs? Just credits to the movie? Cool extras like interviews?

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:44 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:Image
(To the book at the viewer's bottom right with Daizenshuu 4's cover and obi)
:shock: sort of at a loss that I've never seen that book before...but I've never seen that book before. What is it???

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:29 pm

Beji wrote:
(To the book at the viewer's bottom right with Daizenshuu 4's cover and obi)
:shock: sort of at a loss that I've never seen that book before...but I've never seen that book before. What is it???
There's a site, too. :P

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:17 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:There's a site, too. :P
Ouch you got me...That wasn't there before I swear. After finally reading all of that completely in shock I could only wonder "WHY WASN'T THIS ON THE FRONT PA- oh... got me twice.
I've had tests, I didn't go on the front page, in a while! excuses excuses. Regardless I must know. How is the quality compared to the Daizenshuu? same qulaity paper? same kind of hardcover? I see a significant increase in # of pages. Can I see it from its side?(That's right I'm requesting you pose a book please ><). I read they added some stuff but the Daizenshuu were always solid to me. Are these superior to the Daizenshuu?

I just recently ordered so now its too late can I wait until the second one comes out. Are these selling like hotcakes I feel so out of the loop. Could I bet on all 4 staying on cdjapan there and being in stock so I could order all 4 at once? I realize its a gamble but these arent put out of print after being released on the month right?

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:26 pm

Beji wrote:
SaiyaJedi wrote:There's a site, too. :P
Ouch you got me...That wasn't there before I swear. After finally reading all of that completely in shock I could only wonder "WHY WASN'T THIS ON THE FRONT PA- oh... got me twice.
I've had tests, I didn't go on the front page, in a while! excuses excuses. Regardless I must know. How is the quality compared to the Daizenshuu? same qulaity paper? same kind of hardcover? I see a significant increase in # of pages. Can I see it from its side?(That's right I'm requesting you pose a book please ><). I read they added some stuff but the Daizenshuu were always solid to me. Are these superior to the Daizenshuu?

I just recently ordered so now its too late can I wait until the second one comes out. Are these selling like hotcakes I feel so out of the loop. Could I bet on all 4 staying on cdjapan there and being in stock so I could order all 4 at once? I realize its a gamble but these arent put out of print after being released on the month right?
Pretty sure every question/answer of yours has been addressed riiiiiiiight here.

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:45 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:Pretty sure every question/answer of yours has been addressed riiiiiiiight here.
Read almost all of it.It answered half. The 95% being 2 daizenshuu + some bonus is great. The strays off into irrelevance towards the end but I still didn't get the quality of the pages, print job ink. I cant read it so the only incentive is for it to be a higher quality print than the Daizenshuu. I got from above the side angle.

It is gorgeous but If there was a release of these in English I would die happy. I didn't pick up on availability of them either, being a limited run of if they'll all be out together at one point.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:32 am

I thought it was in that thread, but I did read somewhere that the page/print quality is much crisper and overall better, which is kind of to be expected from a newer version.

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:46 am

SSj_Rambo wrote:crisper and overall better, which is kind of to be expected from a newer version.
YES :D I'm sold! And you would expect but I've seen book reprints on cheaper paper, pictures stretched larger than they were supposed to be, figure remakes built more cheap, and dvd releases with the same content repackaged in thin packs looking awful...

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:45 am

Is Dragon Ball Evolution in Japanese interesting to watch?

I tried to play some games and films when they were originally in English, but had the Japanese dub as an extra, and I honestly couldn't get to enjoy it, it felt out of place with the Japanese vocals. Too Human (game -- Japanese game but the English voices suit the game much more than JPN), 2 Fast 2 Furious (film), The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (film), for example.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:48 pm

I don't believe I posted this yet, but I just picked up a few days ago my paikuhan figure :D
This isn't my photo..my cam is messed up.
also I hope to get some Bulma figures tonight :)
Last edited by samuraix123 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

JP6GAMER
Beyond Newbie

Post by JP6GAMER » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:49 pm

He looks great!
" You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keep... his PRIDE! "-Vegeta