Why people always make fun of yamcha ?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jaetinh
Regular

Re: Why people always make fun of yamcha ?

Post by Jaetinh » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:38 am

LordCrumb wrote:Yamcha is a lot of fun in Dragon Ball, and still provides some good entertainment in the Z portion too. It is a shame he wasn't written to keep up with at least Krillin though. Hopefully in Super he might get some moments to shine?
Too late man, too late. Toei could easily had included him with the other Z-Warriors against Frieza's weak ass army, yet they didn't.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:28 pm

The funny thing is Yamcha is stronger than Goku and the villains at every point in the series up until when Goku lands on Namek. So if you think about all the impressive things Goku and the villains did from the beginning of the series till about mid-Namek...Yamcha could do all that stuff too.

I have Yamcha about equal to the Ginyu Force in his prime.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:17 pm

precita wrote:The funny thing is Yamcha is stronger than Goku and the villains at every point in the series up until when Goku lands on Namek. So if you think about all the impressive things Goku and the villains did from the beginning of the series till about mid-Namek...Yamcha could do all that stuff too.

That's a good point. Yamcha, along with the other humans, made much larger gains than Goku from Roshi's training, Korin's training, Kami's training, and King Kai's training. Not to mention they all cleared Snake Way in a much shorter time. It makes me wonder how strong they'd have gotten if they'd all trained in the gravity chamber too.

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:41 pm

90sDBZ wrote:
precita wrote:The funny thing is Yamcha is stronger than Goku and the villains at every point in the series up until when Goku lands on Namek. So if you think about all the impressive things Goku and the villains did from the beginning of the series till about mid-Namek...Yamcha could do all that stuff too.

That's a good point. Yamcha, along with the other humans, made much larger gains than Goku from Roshi's training, Korin's training, Kami's training, and King Kai's training. Not to mention they all cleared Snake Way in a much shorter time. It makes me wonder how strong they'd have gotten if they'd all trained in the gravity chamber too.
Yeah i'v always been wandering how strong the earthlings will be if the trained in the gravity champer
My English is poor .

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:53 pm

90sDBZ wrote:

Its hard to believe how easily Yamcha was standing on King Kai's planet when even Goku struggled to even stand up and walk there the first time he arrived.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:00 pm

To be fair, Yamucha wasn't wearing a hundred kilos in added weight. It kinda makes the four getting across the Serpentine Road faster than Goku a no-brainer. Well, you do still have Piccolo...
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:26 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:To be fair, Yamucha wasn't wearing a hundred kilos in added weight. It kinda makes the four getting across the Serpentine Road faster than Goku a no-brainer. Well, you do still have Piccolo...
Who's likely stronger than them even with the weights on or he simply could've conjured up a cloak & turban that function like regular clothing and don't weigh anything.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:25 am

Wait, what? Either I'm misunderstanding you or this is just completely wrong. You make it sound like Goku landing on Namek is the first time Yamcha was surpassed, which is obviously incorrect.

And there's stuff like Oozaru Vegeta who is still stronger than Namek-landing Goku so that point is still wrong either way.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:17 am

Saiga wrote:
Wait, what? Either I'm misunderstanding you or this is just completely wrong. You make it sound like Goku landing on Namek is the first time Yamcha was surpassed, which is obviously incorrect.

And there's stuff like Oozaru Vegeta who is still stronger than Namek-landing Goku so that point is still wrong either way.
Yeah, i think he meant that current Yamcha is that strong, but i dont see how is that impressive. Battle Powers are huuuuuge after that and Yamcha is nothing compared to Kuririn.

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:43 am

Kuririn Fan wrote:
Saiga wrote:

Yeah, i think he meant that current Yamcha is that strong, but i dont see how is that impressive. Battle Powers are huuuuuge after that and Yamcha is nothing compared to Kuririn.
No , i think he isn't that much weaker than krillin
Last edited by Hyena_Yamcha on Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My English is poor .

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:01 am

He's way weaker, man, even Tenshinhan is weaker than him. Kuririn is the strongest Earthling, confirmed by official sources multiple times.

Gorou
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gorou » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:20 am

Kuririn Fan wrote:He's way weaker, man, even Tenshinhan is weaker than him. Kuririn is the strongest Earthling, confirmed by official sources multiple times.
Just to know, where we are told?

Certainly is one of the most talented, for having created one of the most powerful and lethal techniques of the manga.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:29 am

Gorou wrote:
Kuririn Fan wrote:He's way weaker, man, even Tenshinhan is weaker than him. Kuririn is the strongest Earthling, confirmed by official sources multiple times.
Just to know, where we are told?

Certainly is one of the most talented, for having created one of the most powerful and lethal techniques of the manga.
Yamcha said it in the manga to Marron.
And Revival of F character info : "KURIRIN (Mayumi Tanaka) The strongest Earthling warrior, who became a pupil of Kame-Sen’nin’s with Goku, and who has fought together with him in numerous life-or-death battles. Now he patrols the town as a police officer."
I'm sure there are more, but this is enough for me.

Gorou
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gorou » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:52 am

Kuririn Fan wrote: Yamcha said it in the manga to Marron.
And Revival of F character info : "KURIRIN (Mayumi Tanaka) The strongest Earthling warrior, who became a pupil of Kame-Sen’nin’s with Goku, and who has fought together with him in numerous life-or-death battles. Now he patrols the town as a police officer."
I knew about Yamcha's assertion, but I never considered a valid proof ( I doubt that he knew how much Tenshinhan was become strong).
However, the presentation of the character, in F, is a good point to silence all those who still believe that he is weaker to Tenshinhan.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:04 am

Gorou wrote:
Kuririn Fan wrote: Yamcha said it in the manga to Marron.
I knew about Yamcha's assertion, but I never considered a valid proof ( I doubt that he knew how much Tenshinhan was become strong).
However, the presentation of the character, in F, is a good point to silence all those who still believe that he is weaker to Tenshinhan.
Also :
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/ ... ma-nozawa/ wrote:
Speaking of women who fight, there is No. 18.

Toriyama:
Ah, that’s right. No. 18 becomes Kuririn’s wife in the end.

Nozawa:
Ah, I was surprised at that, too! All the voice actors wondered, “Why did she choose Kuririn?” (laughs)

Toriyama:
Kuririn was originally supposed to be just a minor role, so to have him become Goku’s best friend in the blink of an eye…

Koyama:
Well, he is the strongest Earthling male.

Toriyama:
You’re right, he is the strongest among the Earthlings. But in spite of that, he tends to end up in a bad way, so I thought, “once in a while, I have to let him be happy,” and had him get married. (laughs)

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:17 pm

They even made Dead Yamucha action figure https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sBOdlMv7BA
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:31 am

because Yamcha stopped training
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:44 am

Captain Strawberry wrote:because Yamcha stopped training
So did Krillin and Roshi. And yet they made an epic comeback in Resurrection F and Yamcha was still sidelined. And Toriyama wrote that movie. Kinda speaks volumes for how little he cares for the character.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:56 am

Kuririn Fan wrote: Yeah, i think he meant that current Yamcha is that strong, but i dont see how is that impressive. Battle Powers are huuuuuge after that and Yamcha is nothing compared to Kuririn.
Yamcha at his peak almost surely surpassed Vegeta's power when he arrived on Earth. That means that:

- Yamcha is WAY stronger than Kaio, a high-tier god;
- Yamcha is WAY stronger than Nappa, who was an elite saiyan who had lived for more than 50 years;
- Yamcha, by being stronger than Vegeta when he arrived on Earth, is stronger than an exceptional Saiyan that had already surpassed the King of Saiyans when he was a kid;
- Yamcha is a planet buster and he could destroy Earth if he wanted to.

That's all VERY impressive. The problem with Yamcha is that he is always shown in comparison to people who are even more impressive than him at the time. Despite all his skills and power, he is never shown winning a fight on his own outside the preliminaries of the tournaments, for example. And yet, he is a planet buster. That shows that it's not a problem of him not being impressive on his own, its more of how he is used... he is constantly used as a tool, a measuring stick.
Gaffer Tape wrote:To be fair, Yamucha wasn't wearing a hundred kilos in added weight. It kinda makes the four getting across the Serpentine Road faster than Goku a no-brainer. Well, you do still have Piccolo...
Yeah, but Yamcha was already stronger than Radditz at that time. It's no wonder that he has less difficulty than Goku, even if he was wearing weights.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:50 am

Oh, it's not my intention to downplay that fact. In fact, your whole post is music to my ears. I was emphasizing the weights because, even if you were to assume all other things were equal (which they're not), Yamucha STILL had more than enough justification to be more at ease on Kaio's world than Goku did.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2