Digest Edition (Sōshūhen) Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IAmTheMilkMan
Beyond Newbie

Re: Digest Edition Pre-Order

Post by IAmTheMilkMan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:27 pm

Theophrastus wrote:Was anything actually corrected for the tankoubon releases compared to the original run? Based on the manga error thread (and stuff like the editor-added text being left on title pages) I was kind of under the impression that the tankoubon volumes were already pretty much a straight reprint of the weekly chapters (besides the lack of color), errors and all.
Just to clarify, we are referring to the original Japanese run in Jump magazine. I apologize if you are already aware of that, but your post made it sound like you were referring to the English release.

Anyway, does Rakuten ship internationally? If not, I also found them on hmv and I believe they do ship internationally. I would prefer CDJapan as I've ordered through them before without a hitch, but oh well, hmv will be fine if I can't find anything else.
aka TheMilkmanConspiracy on IFDB
aka WhereIsTheMilkman elsewhere

Atp23
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Atp23 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:36 pm

For those interested and that have a local Kinokuniya store near you, they are willing to make special orders based on the ISBN number. I used the ones from the Rakuten links

Son_Gohan
Advanced Regular

Post by Son_Gohan » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:35 am

Hopefully this release is a straight-up scan of the original pages and is not just nitpicking certain aspects of it. This would truly set it apart from the tankoubon and kanzenban versions, which omitted a lot of the stuff (maybe of interest) that bordered the panels:

If they Include the extra DB-relevant pages which sometimes provided rare background information it would give even more incentive to add this release to my collection.

smoothkaz

Post by smoothkaz » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:55 am

Oh man, these look really cool. I hope they'll be uncensored, 'cause I'll feel guilty about wanting to buy them if not.

IAmTheMilkMan
Beyond Newbie

Post by IAmTheMilkMan » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:15 am

smoothkaz wrote:Oh man, these look really cool. I hope they'll be uncensored, 'cause I'll feel guilty about wanting to buy them if not.
I don't think the manga has ever been censored in Japan, has it? Wouldn't make much sense to start censoring it now.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:58 am

Atp23 wrote:For those interested and that have a local Kinokuniya store near you, they are willing to make special orders based on the ISBN number. I used the ones from the Rakuten links
How much does it cost to do so?

Atp23
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Atp23 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:24 am

eledoremassis02 wrote:
Atp23 wrote:For those interested and that have a local Kinokuniya store near you, they are willing to make special orders based on the ISBN number. I used the ones from the Rakuten links
They would be 7.75 USD each. (At least that is the price to the Seattle store). Slightly higher than msrp in Japan, but that's also including shipping costs for the special order which imo isn't too bad.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:43 am

Atp23 wrote:
eledoremassis02 wrote:
They would be 7.75 USD each. (At least that is the price to the Seattle store). Slightly higher than msrp in Japan, but that's also including shipping costs for the special order which imo isn't too bad.
Thats not bad at all. How long does it take to get there? (easily assumable NY will take longer and a be a bit more expensive)

Atp23
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Atp23 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:24 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote: Thats not bad at all. How long does it take to get there? (easily assumable NY will take longer and a be a bit more expensive)
So actually it came to just under 10.00 usd each including tax since each issue is a different price (7.75, 9.30, and 10.10) . Estimated to get here early/mid June. I got all 3 at once and the 3rd doesn't come out til end of May. Perhaps separate orders might get them here faster (and maybe higher cost not sure). This worked for me since I won't be back home until then anyway.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:35 pm

Are they referring to the various arcs as "legends" or is that just what they're calling each release? I guess it must be the latter, because you can't collect the entire Freeza arc in one "legend"(I mean, I guess you could, but it'd be unwieldingly big).
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Post by Footlong Shoe » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:03 pm

I'm starting to get excited for this! I might make this my first purchase of the Japanese manga.
Discord - Footlong Shoe #1327

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:05 am

DBZfan29
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZfan29 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:30 pm

Atp23 wrote:
eledoremassis02 wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. Since I'm always in the city, I might just order these there so I don't have to keep doing single orders from Amazon.
An interviewer asks, "The soundtrack in Sonic 3 has become legendary. Is it true that you worked with Michael Jackson on it?" Takashi Iizuka kills all of our hopes and dreams by replying, "You know, those are just rumors, and SEGA does not want to say anything about them. So they will forever be just rumors..." WHY!?

Atp23
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Atp23 » Sun May 01, 2016 1:28 am

Looks like those Amazon links are now accepting pre orders.

IAmTheMilkMan
Beyond Newbie

Post by IAmTheMilkMan » Sun May 01, 2016 3:34 am

Nice, thanks for those first two Amazon links. If anyone wants to save themselves ten seconds, here's a link for the third one.

I just pre-ordered all three. Came to $33.64 shipped to the US. Not bad, though it's all one shipment so I'll have to wait until all three are released before they send them. Oh well, beats the 40+ minute drive to Kinokuniya.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sun May 01, 2016 10:06 am

Thanks for the link! Glad to see they're up for pre-order!! Ordered the first two and will order the 3rd in due time

Atp23
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Atp23 » Sun May 01, 2016 3:47 pm

IAmTheMilkMan wrote:Nice, thanks for those first two Amazon links. If anyone wants to save themselves ten seconds, here's a link for the third one.

I just pre-ordered all three. Came to $33.64 shipped to the US. Not bad, though it's all one shipment so I'll have to wait until all three are released before they send them. Oh well, beats the 40+ minute drive to Kinokuniya.
Nice! That's a good price for going to your door.

Darknat
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darknat » Wed May 04, 2016 1:18 pm

They have not yet appear on CDJapan as far as I know.

I hope they appear there soon, I prefer buying from then than from Amazon Japan.

Atp23
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Atp23 » Wed May 11, 2016 10:10 am

Woohoo cover pages announced! From hujios description, I'm getting much more hyped it is in fact exactly what we're after.

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Thu May 12, 2016 2:49 pm

So, in regards to Jump's tweet of the first chapter page... https://twitter.com/JUMP_REMIX/status/7 ... 8222611456
Is this what we were looking for? I'm going to make a guess and say this is merely modified to resemble the Jump serialization somewhat. Of course, I'm not in a position to know for sure. Anyone with better knowledge on the subject able to make a comment?

And of course, modern advertisement pages :P