Anyone interested in discussing the social issues of DB?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zenkai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Anyone interested in discussing the social issues of DB?

Post by Zenkai » Wed May 18, 2016 11:44 pm

Hujio wrote:Some of the personal views and thoughts being thrown out in this thread are not okay, are completely offensive, will not be tolerated, and are not welcome here! This has gotten way out of hand and it downright makes me sad as a human, and as a person. Any additional gay-bashing in this thread, of any kind, will be swiftly met with repercussions and no questions asked. I don't care if you agree, but this stops now! I'm serious, stop it! You are better than this.
I certainly was NOT gay-bashing. Gay-bashing would be someone saying "I think butt-sex is gross and nasty. I hope that all gay people get gathered up and slaughtered like the disgusting pigs they are."

I DID NOT make any statements like that. I DO NOT support statements like that. I DO NOT believe in doing things like that.

I was actually showing love for all people. I love everyone so much, that I want everyone to make it to heaven. God wants the same thing. How is caring about people's eternal souls considered hateful by you?

This thread was created by someone who would like a gay character to be introduced to the series and have their sexuality encouraged. I disagree with this, based on my religion. Not everyone is an atheist or agnostic. In fact, most people on the planet are believers in some form of religion. The majority of religions do not support homosexual acts.

Why do you feel it's okay to discriminate against people based on their religious beliefs? Are Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, etc. not welcome on Kanzenshuu?

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed May 18, 2016 11:54 pm

"I love everybody. I suffer so much because they are so incredibly stupid that they just refuse to see things the same way that I and my enlightened brethren do. I shall pray for them, because they just cannot seem to keep from persisting in their infamy and follow me onto the path of righteousness. Aren't I a great person? Everyone, look at me being awesome!"
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Zenkai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkai » Wed May 18, 2016 11:55 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:"I love everybody. I suffer so much because they are so incredibly stupid that they just refuse to see things the same way that I and my enlightened brethren do. I shall pray for them, because they just cannot seem to keep from persisting in their infamy and follow me onto the path of righteousness. Aren't I a great person? Everyone, look at me being awesome!"
Oh please....

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed May 18, 2016 11:56 pm

Zenkai wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:"I love everybody. I suffer so much because they are so incredibly stupid that they just refuse to see things the same way that I and my enlightened brethren do. I shall pray for them, because they just cannot seem to keep from persisting in their infamy and follow me onto the path of righteousness. Aren't I a great person? Everyone, look at me being awesome!"
Oh please....
That's exactly what you sound like.

I highly suggest you reread your Bible. Jesus never comes across half as self-righteous and condescending as you do.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

RedRibbonSoldier#42
Regular

Post by RedRibbonSoldier#42 » Thu May 19, 2016 12:02 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Zenkai wrote:
Oh please....

I highly suggest you reread your Bible. Jesus never comes across half as self-righteous and condescending as you do.
And, as a matter of fact, Jesus himself never even mentions homosexuality.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Thu May 19, 2016 12:06 am

tomwew wrote:instead of banning or silencing homophobes argue against them dude. show the logic and rationality of your side then they can shout at the wind or quote their magic infallible books all they want. This IS the thread for this discussion and you can't have a discussion with only one side.
As far as I'm concerned, such responses have already properly been responded to and it's time to move on. We're not here to judge our fellow Dragon Ball fans, but to embrace each other in the most shonen ways. I don't care if anyone on this forum is gay, straight, or catholic, we're here to discus Dragon Ball, and this thread has gone way off topic discussing social issues in the real world.
Zenkai wrote:I certainly was NOT gay-bashing. Gay-bashing would be someone saying "I think butt-sex is gross and nasty. I hope that all gay people get gathered up and slaughtered like the disgusting pigs they are." I DID NOT make any statements like that. I DO NOT support statements like that. I DO NOT believe in doing things like that.
I don't know why you felt the need to respond like this, because I did not call out any specific person out. I'm talking to everyone. Everyone needs to stop. Period.
Zenkai wrote:How is caring about people's eternal souls considered hateful by you?
I never said hateful, I said offensive. And if someone doesn't even see how offensive they're being in trying to "help" someone, then we're done here. No one here is better, or more righteous, than anyone else.
Zenkai wrote:Why do you feel it's okay to discriminate against me based on my religious beliefs? Is religion not welcome on Kanzenshuu?
Any religion is welcome on Kanzenshuu, until it is unnecessarily imparted on someone else in a irrespective way. At the end of the day, we're not here to discuss religious beliefs or shame others about their lifestyles. If anyone wants to shame others, shame them about liking a children's cartoon about super space warriors.
I get what you're doing, but stop it. You're not helping. That's your last warning.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu May 19, 2016 12:07 am

Speaking of what Jesus mentioned:
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? - Matthew 7:3
Before complaining about 'sexual sins', try looking at your own Catholic church - namely the scandals with pedophilia and priests who practice it being protected and moved to other dioceses instead of properly punished. If your church really believed in all of these rules, whenever a priest was caught doing such things he would be immediately exposed and kicked out, but instead it is covered up so they can molest more children.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Zenkai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkai » Thu May 19, 2016 12:09 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Zenkai wrote:
Oh please....

Below are some quotes from Jesus. How was what I was saying any different?

"34 And now I give you a new commandment: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 If you have love for one another, then everyone will know that you are my disciples.”" John 13:34 GNT

"17 From that time Jesus began to preach his message: “Turn away from your sins, because the Kingdom of heaven is near!”" Matthew 4:17 GNT

"40 Just as the weeds are gathered up and burned in the fire, so the same thing will happen at the end of the age: 41 the Son of Man will send out his angels to gather up out of his Kingdom all those who cause people to sin and all others who do evil things, 42 and they will throw them into the fiery furnace, where they will cry and gnash their teeth. 43 [a]Then God's people will shine like the sun in their Father's Kingdom. Listen, then, if you have ears!" Matthew 13:40-43 GNT

"42 “If anyone should cause one of these little ones to lose faith in me, it would be better for that person to have a large millstone tied around the neck and be thrown into the sea. 43 So if your hand makes you lose your faith, cut it off! It is better for you to enter life without a hand than to keep both hands and go off to hell, to the fire that never goes out. 44 [a] 45 And if your foot makes you lose your faith, cut it off! It is better for you to enter life without a foot than to keep both feet and be thrown into hell. 46 47 And if your eye makes you lose your faith, take it out! It is better for you to enter the Kingdom of God with only one eye than to keep both eyes and be thrown into hell. 48 There ‘the worms that eat them never die, and the fire that burns them is never put out.’" Mark 9:42-48 GNT

"27 “But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, and pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If anyone hits you on one cheek, let him hit the other one too; if someone takes your coat, let him have your shirt as well. 30 Give to everyone who asks you for something, and when someone takes what is yours, do not ask for it back. 31 Do for others just what you want them to do for you. 32 “If you love only the people who love you, why should you receive a blessing? Even sinners love those who love them! 33 And if you do good only to those who do good to you, why should you receive a blessing? Even sinners do that! 34 And if you lend only to those from whom you hope to get it back, why should you receive a blessing? Even sinners lend to sinners, to get back the same amount! 35 No! Love your enemies and do good to them; lend and expect nothing back. You will then have a great reward, and you will be children of the Most High God. For he is good to the ungrateful and the wicked. 36 Be merciful just as your Father is merciful." Luke 6:27-36 GNT

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Thu May 19, 2016 12:18 am

While this is a thread for discussing the social issues of DB, please keep in mind that this is a thread for discussing the social issues...of DB. There are quite a number of things that have gone amiss with this thread, but near the top of this list is that posts on the Biblical position on homosexuality or the deleterious effects of social media upon Western civilization are not particularly relevant.

Bottom line, this place is not actually the high school debate club, so we are not actually obliged to make sure both sides get equal representation. We the Kanzenshuu staff are quite fond of gay people, and do not want to see nasty things said about them on our forum. This place only exists because of the time and effort we spend to keep it running, so when we say "hey, cut it out", kindly humor us.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Zenkai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkai » Thu May 19, 2016 12:19 am

RedRibbonSoldier#42 wrote: And, as a matter of fact, Jesus himself never even mentions homosexuality.
There are a number of things wrong with this argument.

1.) Not everything Jesus said is written down in the Bible.

2.) Jesus actually does talk about marriage:

"4 Jesus answered, “Haven't you read the scripture that says that in the beginning the Creator made people male and female? 5 And God said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and unite with his wife, and the two will become one.’ 6 So they are no longer two, but one. No human being must separate, then, what God has joined together.”" Matthew 19:4-6 GNT

3.) Christians believe that the entire Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God, not just the parts where Jesus is speaking.

Zenkai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkai » Thu May 19, 2016 12:22 am

Hujio wrote:
Zenkai wrote:I certainly was NOT gay-bashing. Gay-bashing would be someone saying "I think butt-sex is gross and nasty. I hope that all gay people get gathered up and slaughtered like the disgusting pigs they are." I DID NOT make any statements like that. I DO NOT support statements like that. I DO NOT believe in doing things like that.
I don't know why you felt the need to respond like this, because I did not call out any specific person out. I'm talking to everyone. Everyone needs to stop. Period.
Well, as far as I noticed, only Sintzu and myself were accused of hating gay people, so I assumed you were directing your comment particularly to me, though I'm sure it was directed at everyone in a broader sense.
Last edited by Zenkai on Thu May 19, 2016 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zenkai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkai » Thu May 19, 2016 12:25 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Before complaining about 'sexual sins', try looking at your own Catholic church - namely the scandals with pedophilia and priests who practice it being protected and moved to other dioceses instead of properly punished. If your church really believed in all of these rules, whenever a priest was caught doing such things he would be immediately exposed and kicked out, but instead it is covered up so they can molest more children.
It is a grave sin to molest children. It is also a grave sin to cover the abuse up, allowing more children to be harmed. The Church does not condone such terrible acts.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Thu May 19, 2016 12:35 am

And we're done.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::