Did Freeza reached his peak in "F"?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

coola
I Live Here

Did Freeza reached his peak in "F"?

Post by coola » Fri May 20, 2016 4:03 pm

One of biggest complains about Freeza, after he come back to live, is why he didn't train longer than he did, to become even stronger? But, what if that was his full potential, he just couldn't get any stronger? As for not being able to maintain his Golden form, it could be like Kaio-ken, no matter how much he trains, it still gonna wear his body.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Did Freeza reached his peak in "F"?

Post by successoroffate » Fri May 20, 2016 4:14 pm

coola wrote:One of biggest complains about Freeza, after he come back to live, is why he didn't train longer than he did, to become even stronger? But, what if that was his full potential, he just couldn't get any stronger? As for not being able to maintain his Golden form, it could be like Kaio-ken, no matter how much he trains, it still gonna wear his body.
He probably miscalculated Goku's training abilities and the power ups he got after becoming Super Saiyan. 4 Months was more than enough to take down a SSJ 3 and Maybe Red SSJG.
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Fri May 20, 2016 4:23 pm

If it's any worth, Toriyama states Freeza can't get any stronger than Beerus no matter what he does. As for perfecting his Golden form, it's certainly possible! However, the movie's script seemed more interested in exploiting Freeza's old folly, as seen in both his first battle with Goku and first visit to Earth, of diving straightforward towards punishment and revenge. It would seem the only lesson he has learned is to get stronger after being defeated like our protagonists, ahaha.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Fri May 20, 2016 8:25 pm

I think he was certainly nearing the point where any training he could do would see vastly diminishing, almost non-existent returns, yeah; although he certainly could've trained to become more comfortable in his "golden" form.

Then again, maybe that's applying old-Dragon Ball logic to a new-Dragon Ball thing. The sense that characters were hitting their peaks, or even had peaks to hit, used to be much more present.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Sat May 21, 2016 12:14 am

Which peak do we discuss here? Characterization or strength. I'm least bothered about the latter as he simply falls into the now, popular, cliched, stereotypical & boring as f*** bandwagon "Overpowered character"

I mean c'mon. He went from being trash to an Untrained SSJ to bashing up Bluper Saiyan who outclasses every strongest fighters in the universe (SSJ3 Gotenks, Ultimate Gohan, Super Vegito).

But as character, his absolute lowpoint was in F. None of the traits which made him iconic & interesting baddy was evident throughout his extensive screentime (this coming from Frieza hater)

Shockingly, Toriyama/TOEI decided to magnify Frieza's "weakness" which I've considered stupidity by givin in to his emotions & lose to Goku & co. Every goddamn time.

Be it the losing energy/stamina aspect. Reminds his 100% state which resulted in burnout

Or resorting to cheap moves to win at whatever cause. In FnF, using Sorbet to hit Goku was cheap just as attacking Goku frm back

Or resorting to blasting planets everytime he knows he's screwed.

Just revamp his whole character for christ sake. The guy is one of the most recognizable baddy around the globe & you treat him as troll material. TOEI for ya!

dragon ball truth

Post by dragon ball truth » Sat May 21, 2016 8:52 pm

Nejishiki wrote:If it's any worth, Toriyama states Freeza can't get any stronger than Beerus no matter what he does. As for perfecting his Golden form, it's certainly possible! However, the movie's script seemed more interested in exploiting Freeza's old folly, as seen in both his first battle with Goku and first visit to Earth, of diving straightforward towards punishment and revenge. It would seem the only lesson he has learned is to get stronger after being defeated like our protagonists, ahaha.
because beerus has an ever evolving power level thats why

lancerman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by lancerman » Sat May 21, 2016 11:03 pm

It's outright stated that Freeza rushed to fight the Saiyans immediately after he achieved his golden form. Meaning, he probably didn't peak.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sun May 22, 2016 10:21 am

Freeza commented that his training was to bring out his full latent potential, so in context that pretty much means that, once he brought it out, he'd likely be as strong as he could. His lack of training after bringing it out (in conjunction with his Golden form) wouldn't have changed his actual strength by any real amount (if at all) but simply his efficiency at the form. He had tremendous power in the form, but no staying power, as he burned out his stamina too quick. That's what Goku and Vegeta talked about in terms of him having rushed to Earth, that he just didn't give himself time to figure out his stamina issues, not that he had more room to grow strength wise.

Vynak
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vynak » Sun May 22, 2016 11:04 am

If only 4 months of training by someone that's never trained a day in his life put him on par with SSGSS than its likely he's only scratched the surface of his ultimate potential. Not to mention Freeza's training just consisted of beating the ass of someone much weaker than him over and over. Imagine if he trained with someone with comparable strength.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun May 22, 2016 5:25 pm

Frieza said it was going to take him 4 months to unlock his latent potential. He wouldn't have got significantly stronger if he'd trained 5 or 6 months.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun May 22, 2016 5:26 pm

No. He basically ran off after achieving his new evolution. It's also silly to believe that in 4 month's he's peaked, but the lesser Goku and Vegeta can keep improving. If there's anything the series has taught us, it's that someone can always get stronger.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun May 22, 2016 6:17 pm

dragon ball truth wrote:
Nejishiki wrote:If it's any worth, Toriyama states Freeza can't get any stronger than Beerus no matter what he does. As for perfecting his Golden form, it's certainly possible! However, the movie's script seemed more interested in exploiting Freeza's old folly, as seen in both his first battle with Goku and first visit to Earth, of diving straightforward towards punishment and revenge. It would seem the only lesson he has learned is to get stronger after being defeated like our protagonists, ahaha.
When was that ever confirmed?

dragon ball truth

Post by dragon ball truth » Sun May 22, 2016 7:57 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
dragon ball truth wrote:
When was that ever confirmed?
By the fact goku ssg equalling 70% of beerus power plus lots of training with vegeta and whis and achieving ssj blue which is stronger than ssj god, then training more with vegeta and whis to get a handle on the god kai in whis's staff for a long time, then training for 3 whole years in the time chamber with an equally as strong vegeta then revealing at the end of the universe 6 tournament that he can move faster than light and WAAAAAY faster than light and boost his strength even more by using a kaiyoken times 20 on top of ssj blue; and it still being said that akira has no plans of goku and vegeta surpassing beerus and whis, whis i could understand but beerus it seems now that his level has to be increasing since goku and his first encounter by a lot. I think this due in part to the enormous number of beerus fans that came from God knows where.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun May 22, 2016 8:30 pm

dragon ball truth wrote:By the fact goku ssg equalling 70% of beerus power plus lots of training with vegeta and whis and achieving ssj blue which is stronger than ssj god, then training more with vegeta and whis to get a handle on the god kai in whis's staff for a long time, then training for 3 whole years in the time chamber with an equally as strong vegeta then revealing at the end of the universe 6 tournament that he can move faster than light and WAAAAAY faster than light and boost his strength even more by using a kaiyoken times 20 on top of ssj blue; and it still being said that akira has no plans of goku and vegeta surpassing beerus and whis, whis i could understand but beerus it seems now that his level has to be increasing since goku and his first encounter by a lot. I think this due in part to the enormous number of beerus fans that came from God knows where.
Nothing you said really suggest that Beerus' power evolving. It's more a case of plot convenience that Goku is still very much below Beerus even after the circumstances he gone through after Battle Of Gods. However, you need to know that the 70% line was not in the retelling of Battle Of Gods in Dragon Ball Super. The only outlier we got for Beerus' strength in Super is that he used 10% of his power to tank Raging SSJ2 Vegeta's assault.

dragon ball truth

Post by dragon ball truth » Tue May 24, 2016 8:44 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
dragon ball truth wrote:By the fact goku ssg equalling 70% of beerus power plus lots of training with vegeta and whis and achieving ssj blue which is stronger than ssj god, then training more with vegeta and whis to get a handle on the god kai in whis's staff for a long time, then training for 3 whole years in the time chamber with an equally as strong vegeta then revealing at the end of the universe 6 tournament that he can move faster than light and WAAAAAY faster than light and boost his strength even more by using a kaiyoken times 20 on top of ssj blue; and it still being said that akira has no plans of goku and vegeta surpassing beerus and whis, whis i could understand but beerus it seems now that his level has to be increasing since goku and his first encounter by a lot. I think this due in part to the enormous number of beerus fans that came from God knows where.
Nothing you said really suggest that Beerus' power evolving. It's more a case of plot convenience that Goku is still very much below Beerus even after the circumstances he gone through after Battle Of Gods. However, you need to know that the 70% line was not in the retelling of Battle Of Gods in Dragon Ball Super. The only outlier we got for Beerus' strength in Super is that he used 10% of his power to tank Raging SSJ2 Vegeta's assault.
Whatever, i dont care supers powerlevels and whos stronger than who to me in this show is so retarded; i couldnt care less.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue May 24, 2016 10:36 pm

If you can't care any less and it's so super retarted, there's no need to post.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Wed May 25, 2016 12:41 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Nothing you said really suggest that Beerus' power evolving. It's more a case of plot convenience that Goku is still very much below Beerus even after the circumstances he gone through after Battle Of Gods. However, you need to know that the 70% line was not in the retelling of Battle of Gods in Dragon Ball Super. The only outlier we got for Beerus' strength in Super is that he used 10% of his power to tank Raging SSJ2 Vegeta's assault.
True. That being said, I would assume that Toriyama is the one who decided to have Goku use the Kaioken times 10 on top of his SSJB form. Since he also established that Beerus had to use 70% of his power to beat Goku as a regular SSJG, it would seem like common sense to assume that Goku should be far stronger than Beerus by this point.