French dubs of DB, DBZ, and GT

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
DragonDuck
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:02 am
Location: Somewhere far away

Re: French dubs of DB, DBZ, and GT

Post by DragonDuck » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:07 pm

I apologize in advance if this question is redundant, but are the uncut French DVDs available as singles?
Champion of 2nd Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenka'ichi Budokai

There should be a witty quote or something down here. I'm just not imaginative enough to come up with anything.

genjosanzo8
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:58 am

Re: French dubs of DB, DBZ, and GT

Post by genjosanzo8 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:54 am

DragonDuck wrote:I apologize in advance if this question is redundant, but are the uncut French DVDs available as singles?
No the uncut only exist as box , that is the last french release for the original series and kaze didn't talk about a new release (kaze had the dragon ball right now in france) but they are regularly in promotion

https://www.anime-store.fr/as/index.php ... 62&start=0
this french website is the cheapest i think in france and they can ship in states

User avatar
DragonDuck
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:02 am
Location: Somewhere far away

Re: French dubs of DB, DBZ, and GT

Post by DragonDuck » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:25 am

genjosanzo8 wrote:
DragonDuck wrote:I apologize in advance if this question is redundant, but are the uncut French DVDs available as singles?
No the uncut only exist as box , that is the last french release for the original series and kaze didn't talk about a new release (kaze had the dragon ball right now in france) but they are regularly in promotion

https://www.anime-store.fr/as/index.php ... 62&start=0
this french website is the cheapest i think in france and they can ship in states
Thank you! I'll keep that in mind.
Champion of 2nd Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenka'ichi Budokai

There should be a witty quote or something down here. I'm just not imaginative enough to come up with anything.

genjosanzo8
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:58 am

Re: French dubs of DB, DBZ, and GT

Post by genjosanzo8 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:53 am

DragonDuck wrote:
genjosanzo8 wrote:
DragonDuck wrote:I apologize in advance if this question is redundant, but are the uncut French DVDs available as singles?
No the uncut only exist as box , that is the last french release for the original series and kaze didn't talk about a new release (kaze had the dragon ball right now in france) but they are regularly in promotion

https://www.anime-store.fr/as/index.php ... 62&start=0
this french website is the cheapest i think in france and they can ship in states
Thank you! I'll keep that in mind.
there is sometimes other reduction but it is on amazon.fr and it can ship on us too
it had censored version too

User avatar
Bansho64
I Live Here
Posts: 2034
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:59 am

Re: French dubs of DB, DBZ, and GT

Post by Bansho64 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:56 am

Hey, I'm doing some research on different countries where Dragon Ball still run and I was wondering is the French dub airing anywhere?

genjosanzo8
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:58 am

Re: French dubs of DB, DBZ, and GT

Post by genjosanzo8 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:33 am

No, there is no current airing... few time ago it was aired on the channel named "mangas" but no more.

other news dragon ball raging blast plan to eradicate saiyajin, episode of baddack (maybe yo son goku and his friends return) are dubbed in french it was confirmed by philippe ariotti who dub frieza and coola

http://www.db-z.com/forum/ova/les-oav-d ... #msg223878

it talk about a future release of the movies by kaze

User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6570
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: French dubs of DB, DBZ, and GT

Post by sangofe » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:17 am

genjosanzo8 wrote:No, there is no current airing... few time ago it was aired on the channel named "mangas" but no more.

other news dragon ball raging blast plan to eradicate saiyajin, episode of baddack (maybe yo son goku and his friends return) are dubbed in french it was confirmed by philippe ariotti who dub frieza and coola

http://www.db-z.com/forum/ova/les-oav-d ... #msg223878

it talk about a future release of the movies by kaze
No, that's a fan on a forum thinking of reasons why they'd dub these. Pretty big difference than "talk about a future release of the movies by kaze."

Edit: on that very same forum, a fan posted:
salut , je viens d envoyé un message a kaze sur Facebook et il mon répondu que les droit sur les oav ne leurs appartenait pas ...
Translation: Hi, I just sent Kazé a message on Facebook and they replied that they don't have the rights for the OVA's...

genjosanzo8
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:58 am

Re: French dubs of DB, DBZ, and GT

Post by genjosanzo8 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:24 am

sangofe wrote:
genjosanzo8 wrote:No, there is no current airing... few time ago it was aired on the channel named "mangas" but no more.

other news dragon ball raging blast plan to eradicate saiyajin, episode of baddack (maybe yo son goku and his friends return) are dubbed in french it was confirmed by philippe ariotti who dub frieza and coola

http://www.db-z.com/forum/ova/les-oav-d ... #msg223878

it talk about a future release of the movies by kaze
No, that's a fan on a forum thinking of reasons why they'd dub these. Pretty big difference than "talk about a future release of the movies by kaze."

Edit: on that very same forum, a fan posted:
salut , je viens d envoyé un message a kaze sur Facebook et il mon répondu que les droit sur les oav ne leurs appartenait pas ...
Translation: Hi, I just sent Kazé a message on Facebook and they replied that they don't have the rights for the OVA's...
the topic talk about a future ova release i mean about the topic said not what it said i will edit my post...

genjosanzo8
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:58 am

Re: French dubs of DB, DBZ, and GT

Post by genjosanzo8 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:26 am

genjosanzo8 wrote:No, there is no current airing... few time ago it was aired on the channel named "mangas" but no more.

other news dragon ball raging blast plan to eradicate saiyajin, episode of baddack (maybe yo son goku and his friends return) are dubbed in french it was confirmed by philippe ariotti who dub frieza and coola

http://www.db-z.com/forum/ova/les-oav-d ... #msg223878

the topic talk about a future release of the movies by kaze

User avatar
DOS
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 7:25 am

Re: French dubs of DB, DBZ, and GT

Post by DOS » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:31 pm

If Kaze will not be releasing the OVAs..

Then that just leaves AB (do they still hold licence though?) or for them to be tacked onto a video game :eh:

genjosanzo8
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:58 am

Re: French dubs of DB, DBZ, and GT

Post by genjosanzo8 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:12 pm

DOS wrote:If Kaze will not be releasing the OVAs..

Then that just leaves AB (do they still hold licence though?) or for them to be tacked onto a video game :eh:
i think there is more probability within an ova release.i hope ab will remaster movie 1 to 6 ans use their 4/3master if it is truly ab. Incorporated into the game release will increase size of the game and i don t think it so

User avatar
TheBalishChannel
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:55 pm
Contact:

Re: French dubs of DB, DBZ, and GT

Post by TheBalishChannel » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:03 pm

DOS wrote:If Kaze will not be releasing the OVAs..

Then that just leaves AB (do they still hold licence though?) or for them to be tacked onto a video game :eh:
AB Groupe still holds the license to the series in most European Countries. They only outsourced the manufacturing of the new Blu-rays to KAZE.

User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6570
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: French dubs of DB, DBZ, and GT

Post by sangofe » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:31 am

TheBalishChannel wrote:
DOS wrote:If Kaze will not be releasing the OVAs..

Then that just leaves AB (do they still hold licence though?) or for them to be tacked onto a video game :eh:
AB Groupe still holds the license to the series in most European Countries. They only outsourced the manufacturing of the new Blu-rays to KAZE.
Actually, Kazé hasn't released anything of DBZ - just kai and the new movies. I doubt they have DB and DBZ rights.

genjosanzo8
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:58 am

Re: French dubs of DB, DBZ, and GT

Post by genjosanzo8 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:53 am

sangofe wrote:
TheBalishChannel wrote:
DOS wrote:If Kaze will not be releasing the OVAs..

Then that just leaves AB (do they still hold licence though?) or for them to be tacked onto a video game :eh:
AB Groupe still holds the license to the series in most European Countries. They only outsourced the manufacturing of the new Blu-rays to KAZE.
Actually, Kazé hasn't released anything of DBZ - just kai and the new movies. I doubt they have DB and DBZ rights.
http://anime.kaze.fr/catalogue/dragon_ball_z

dragon ball z is listed as licence in kaze website but recently mangas (who is a AB channel) have aired dragon ball z, maybe AB have only movie and ova right and only airing right for dragon ball z, it seems complicate... the last information i have heard officialy was when it was said that ab have lost french right by toei for some reason but it was 3-4 years old maybe things have change

User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6570
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: French dubs of DB, DBZ, and GT

Post by sangofe » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:10 am

Yeah, well, there's still only those two movies listed...

User avatar
DOS
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 7:25 am

Re: French dubs of DB, DBZ, and GT

Post by DOS » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:36 am

genjosanzo8 wrote:it seems complicated...
Quite right, the licence for this franchise seems to be all over the place in France.

Thinking back on what I said it would appear unlikely but not impossible that they would repackage the OVAs onto a video game.

I don't know but were these two OVAs both officially subtitled in french for their respective games?

User avatar
Bansho64
I Live Here
Posts: 2034
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:59 am

Re: French dubs of DB, DBZ, and GT

Post by Bansho64 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:55 pm

Can anyone post some screenshots of these dvds? If it isn't any trouble.

Post Reply