Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:20 pm

Here's a thought that just popped into my mind after a certain scene came up in another thread. When Buu turns people into candy, are they still fully conscious when he eats them? At first, you might assume not, since the person's nervous system would be completely gone, but remember what happened to Vegito when he was turned into candy. He retained control, and even managed to continue fighting Buu while in candy form, until Buu got fed up and turned him back to normal. So all those people Buu ate must have been fully aware of what was going on, right?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:29 am

Strictly based on timeline placement, it would have been possible for Future Gohan to meet Future Videl and have Future Pan before he died. It almost certainly didn't happen, as I'm sure we'd hear about it during the Zamasu arc if it did, but it's technically possible.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:30 am

Alruneia wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:29 am Strictly based on timeline placement, it would have been possible for Future Gohan to meet Future Videl and have Future Pan before he died. It almost certainly didn't happen, as I'm sure we'd hear about it during the Zamasu arc if it did, but it's technically possible.
I like to think that Future Gohan and Future Videl did at least meet in the Future, but under very different circumstances and much sooner than in the present.
I also recently thought of Future Trunks having Future Videl as his partner insteaf of Mai and that would be much more akward once he goes and visits Gohan's home in the present. :lol:

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:33 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:20 pm Here's a thought that just popped into my mind after a certain scene came up in another thread. When Buu turns people into candy, are they still fully conscious when he eats them? At first, you might assume not, since the person's nervous system would be completely gone, but remember what happened to Vegito when he was turned into candy. He retained control, and even managed to continue fighting Buu while in candy form, until Buu got fed up and turned him back to normal. So all those people Buu ate must have been fully aware of what was going on, right?
This was in filler, and may have been a dub thing but during the Kid Buu fight, King Kai tells Krillin and Yamcha to go help. Krillin freaks out and says "I was eaten! Do you have any idea what's it like being eaten?" So I'm gonna go with yes.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:34 am

dbgtFO wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:30 am
Alruneia wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:29 am Strictly based on timeline placement, it would have been possible for Future Gohan to meet Future Videl and have Future Pan before he died. It almost certainly didn't happen, as I'm sure we'd hear about it during the Zamasu arc if it did, but it's technically possible.
I like to think that Future Gohan and Future Videl did at least meet in the Future, but under very different circumstances and much sooner than in the present.
I also recently thought of Future Trunks having Future Videl as his partner insteaf of Mai and that would be much more akward once he goes and visits Gohan's home in the present. :lol:
Although things would be somewhat more different, I believe (yes just a little more than usual). I can still see Videl having the teenage spirit of a girl that wants to be tough, however in the Future, Cell ever was a thing. He was killed by FTrunks after he returned to finish off the Androids (if I recall correctly).

Without Cell in the picture, so leaves the whole perspective of Satan's champion and savior title. And without the Buu saga to be an immediate consequence of that (mostly in the lives of the normal people with Babiddi going around in the tournaments taking the energy of people and terrorizing them) Videl shouldn't be able to form relationships with others so easily.

And of course there is also the factor under which FGohan constantly trained after his father died, having 0 time for human stuff.
P O W E R

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:55 am

Even if Videl and Gohan had a relationship and gave birth to Pan in the Future timeline, there would be no reason to bring them up. They'd be dead along with anyone who was close to them. The bulk of what was left of mankind was located underneath West City (so geographically very far from where they lived). It wouldn't surprise me if East City, Satan City (which wouldn't even be called like that), and the entire surrounding area were completely blown up during Zamasu's first invasion.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:59 pm

I also recently thought of Future Trunks having Future Videl as his partner instead of Mai and that would be much more akward once he goes and visits Gohan's home in the present. :lol:
I'm honestly not sure if that would be more or less weird than the whole Future Mai ordeal. Though I guess they're two different kinds of strange...

Also, I'd like to amend my statement slightly and say that not only would Future Pan's existence have been mentioned, she would have straight up appeared. In the Zamasu arc, she would be around 16-18 years old, so she'd be fit to fight, and Future Trunks would certainly have known about her by then. So she definitely doesn't exist. But my main point is the same.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:06 pm

Alruneia wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:59 pm
I also recently thought of Future Trunks having Future Videl as his partner instead of Mai and that would be much more akward once he goes and visits Gohan's home in the present. :lol:
I'm honestly not sure if that would be more or less weird than the whole Future Mai ordeal. Though I guess they're two different kinds of strange...

Also, I'd like to amend my statement slightly and say that not only would Future Pan's existence have been mentioned, she would have straight up appeared. In the Zamasu arc, she would be around 16-18 years old, so she'd be fit to fight, and Future Trunks would certainly have known about her by then. So she definitely doesn't exist. But my main point is the same.
Being honest with you, damn I would like to see adult Pan fighting. The Future timeline provides a better excuse to see her early, instead of having to wait 16 years after the Moro Arc (I think up until then it had been 2 or 3 years since the battle with Beerus).
P O W E R

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:17 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:06 pm

Being honest with you, damn I would like to see adult Pan fighting. The Future timeline provides a better excuse to see her early, instead of having to wait 16 years after the Moro Arc (I think up until then it had been 2 or 3 years since the battle with Beerus).
I mean, do you? That wouldn't end well. An adult earthling can only do so much against a guy who can most likely blow up an entire galaxy on a whim.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:34 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:34 am
Although things would be somewhat more different, I believe (yes just a little more than usual). I can still see Videl having the teenage spirit of a girl that wants to be tough, however in the Future, Cell ever was a thing. He was killed by FTrunks after he returned to finish off the Androids (if I recall correctly).

Without Cell in the picture, so leaves the whole perspective of Satan's champion and savior title. And without the Buu saga to be an immediate consequence of that (mostly in the lives of the normal people with Babiddi going around in the tournaments taking the energy of people and terrorizing them) Videl shouldn't be able to form relationships with others so easily.

And of course there is also the factor under which FGohan constantly trained after his father died, having 0 time for human stuff.
Cell did exist in the future. It's just that he was hiding, trying to catch up with the other androids and absorb them. Before he could, however, he found out that Trunks had already destroyed them. That Cell killed Trunks and used the time machine and became the Cell who was the antagonist of the main timeline. This time, when Trunks returns to the future, he knows about Cell, and he's not caught off guard. So there were originally two separate future timelines.

Edit: I'm realizing now that you probably meant that Cell wasn't a major threat in Trunks' timeline, rather than that he wasn't around.
Last edited by ZeroNeonix on Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:45 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:17 pm

I mean, do you? That wouldn't end well. An adult earthling can only do so much against a guy who can most likely blow up an entire galaxy on a whim.
Pan isn't just a human. She's 1/4 Saiyan, who has shown enormous potential already as just an infant. If Super ever lets the kids grow up, she could easily become one of the show's strongest fighters.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:18 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:45 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:17 pm

Pan isn't just a human. She's 1/4 Saiyan, who has shown enormous potential already as just an infant. If Super ever lets the kids grow up, she could easily become one of the show's strongest fighters.
Right, I forgot. For some reason I was stuck on Videl when I wrote that message. The problem is that you need a lot of training to truly put your potential to good use. You couldn't have training when Zamasu was attacking the Earth for obvious reasons. If you somehow survived the initial invasion (which destroyed ENTIRE CONTINENTS), then your life would constantly be on the run, going from city to city, trying to escape death, you'd never be able to settle down for a moment and train. I suppose the simple fact of trying to survive would harden you, but that's about it. You'd have a lot of potential that you don't know how to use because you never trained, you never got the chance to hone your skills. At least, from what we saw of the Black vs. Resistance fight (which were some of my favourites moments in the arc), the life of a Resistance member was terrible. You never rested, you were constantly waging guerrilla warfare against an enemy who can blow you up any time he wants, you were forced to eat cat food. Even Trunks was pretty much finished by the time he got back into the Present timeline.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:55 pm

Alright guys. Trunks X Mai or Trunks X Pan. Which ship is more creepy to you and why?
Caulifla best girl! :)

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:00 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:55 pm Alright guys. Trunks X Mai or Trunks X Pan. Which ship is more creepy to you and why?
Trunks x Pan. Mai is at least Trunks' age physically. Pan is significantly younger than Trunks.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:27 pm

Taking reality into consideration, there are several example of couples with a huge age difference. Michael Douglas was 56 and Zeta-Jones was 31 when they started dating. That's a 25-year difference.

We last saw Future Trunks in AGE 796, that means he is 30. Had Pan been born in the future, she would be 17. For a legal relationship, all it would take would be one year. At any rate, they share a 13-year difference.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:06 pm

How long does it take you to read a single DB tankobon?

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Post by jamiljamtheman » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:12 pm

Playing SDBH on switch, arcade mode specifically, makes it obvious that the bosses are definitely money-eaters if you hope to beat them, and combined with spending real money on cards... I can see it getting expensive.

But I realized, I don't know what the rewards are. What do people in Japan get for winning against the computer in the DBH arcade machines?

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:46 pm

Paulo Gabriel wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:06 pm How long does it take you to read a single DB tankobon?
on re-reads nowadays it takes me about 30 or so minutes, i do sometimes lightly scan some of the stuff that i already really know well, but for the most part i read it at a fairly brisk pace. when i first read the manga, it took me about 45-60 minutes per volume, though i think the only time it took a hour was for the last 2 volumes because their a bit beefier then the rest.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:48 pm

Shirtlesss Goku always looks awesome. Unless he has the wide sash. Then he looks stupid. He needs to belt ends for maximum coolness.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:11 am

the wide-sash in general just looks super lame to me, i don't why it's been a staple of the son's family gi's since the cell arc. it looks good on piccolo and kid gohan, but that's about it.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸