Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by tinlunlau » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:30 am

Has anybody been watching Ducktales lately? A recent episode that aired last month paid homage to Dragon Ball Z throwing in that over 9000 quote and Donald Duck eventually getting extremely pissed off resulting him in going pseudo Super Saiyan. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The world is your's.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:16 am

tinlunlau wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:30 am Has anybody been watching Ducktales lately? A recent episode that aired last month paid homage to Dragon Ball Z throwing in that over 9000 quote and Donald Duck eventually getting extremely pissed off resulting him in going pseudo Super Saiyan. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do you have an image of this "Super Saiyan" Donald Duck? I'd like to show it to someone (if she hasn't seen it already).
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:21 pm

tinlunlau wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:30 am Has anybody been watching Ducktales lately? A recent episode that aired last month paid homage to Dragon Ball Z throwing in that over 9000 quote :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A meme that has long has since been dead and decayed years ago

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=98k05_bM2e4

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:23 pm

Alruneia wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:16 am
tinlunlau wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:30 am Has anybody been watching Ducktales lately? A recent episode that aired last month paid homage to Dragon Ball Z throwing in that over 9000 quote and Donald Duck eventually getting extremely pissed off resulting him in going pseudo Super Saiyan. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do you have an image of this "Super Saiyan" Donald Duck? I'd like to show it to someone (if she hasn't seen it already).
I'll have to take a better screencap.
The world is your's.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:21 pm

You know, Vegetto's Ultimate Move from Dragon Ball Legends is one of the most epic finishes I had saw on this franchise (even though never appeared in the original manga/anime).
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:34 pm

Noah wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:21 pm You know, Vegetto's Ultimate Move from Dragon Ball Legends is one of the most epic finishes I had saw on this franchise (even though never appeared in the original manga/anime).
I was gonna say, "Didn't he do that to Super Buu?" But that last part where he fuses his two Spirit Swords together for a gigantic attack... Yeah, that's new, and I'm surprised I hadn't seen that yet. lol

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:47 pm

With the exception of two swords combining, it is usual to see Vegetto doing a massive attack like that. To a lesser extent, Xeno Vegetto also uses long-distance sword too.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:22 pm

Grimlock wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:47 pm With the exception of two swords combining, it is usual to see Vegetto doing a massive attack like that. To a lesser extent, Xeno Vegetto also uses long-distance sword too.
It was jarring to watch the anime/manga reference video for Vegetto in FighterZ and it's like "anime reference, manga reference, anime reference, DB HEROES SUPER FANFIC ATTACK" when it gets to his level one.

Final Kamehameha eventually got an anime appearance after starting out as a video-game move. Makes you wonder why the Tournament of Power didn't have Android 17 use that electric ring move all the games have been giving him lately. Would've been the perfect time.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:14 pm

I've been wondering that too. I mean, they've proven that they are lazy to come up with new/variated techniques so just take the ones from video-games then. Most of them are cool anyway. I've been waiting to see God Final Flash, it is already a cool-looking technique in Heroes graphics so I bet animated it would be amazing!

Android 17's Super Electric Strike would be great too. A technique like that would sweep a lot of characters away of the field. Oh well, gotta put up with the same old nonsense that's all Dragon Ball Super could do. :yawn:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:13 pm

Does anyone know why Lunch was named Launch in the dub?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:10 pm

ABED wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:13 pm Does anyone know why Lunch was named Launch in the dub?
I don't think that there was necessarily any particular reason. They may have just liked the sound of it. I thought maybe it had something to do with all the weapons.

To be fair I don't think it was ever confirmed anywhere that ranchi was supposed to refer to "lunch". It could just as easily be translated as "launch", or even a play on the word "raunchy". Although I recall there being a drawing in the manga one time with the name "Lunch" written out but I'm not sure. And of course during her cameo in the Boo saga she appeared to be running some kind of food truck or delivery service called "Ranchi Express" or something, so there's that. Of course that was Toei.

I guess that FUNi may have had the name in mind going back to the 1995 dub if they supposedly had scripts written for the Tournament arc, but I really don't know.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:06 pm

yeah, afaik the pun on lunch's name isn't known because toriyama can't remember, so launch is a pretty valid name for her. i've always assumed that because she uses a rocket launcher in her first z appearance, that's why they went with launch over lunch, but it is mid 90s funimation so you never know 😜
MyVisionity wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:10 pm Although I recall there being a drawing in the manga one time with the name "Lunch" written out but I'm not sure.
yeah, i've seen some people say that before referring to this title page
i've never been able to make it out, and to be honest i don't really see it, but yeah.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:51 pm

Given Toriyama, it's most likely Lunch.

The Lunch/Launch thing made me think of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr_e1lk6Tnk
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:15 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:06 pm
MyVisionity wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:10 pm Although I recall there being a drawing in the manga one time with the name "Lunch" written out but I'm not sure.
yeah, i've seen some people say that before referring to this title page
i've never been able to make it out, and to be honest i don't really see it, but yeah.
I wasn't thinking about that particular image, but now seeing that one it definitely looks like "LUNCH" written out on the bike. And the first two letters of the plate are "LU" so there's that.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:13 pm

Grimlock wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:14 pmOh well, gotta put up with the same old nonsense that's all Dragon Ball Super could do. :yawn:
It irks me how they forget about F. Trunks techniques just to be a Vegeta copycat in the whole arc.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:29 pm

I just realized that in a lot of anime and in Dragon Ball the characters do not blink.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:11 am

Since Toriyama established Goku as a vegetable farmer in Yo Son Goku etc. I don't think we have seen him grow carrots have we?
In Yo, he grew Radishes(the name pun of his brother) and in Super, by the Goku-Black Arc, he grew lettuce(the name pun of his lookalike and original dark Goku concept Tulleece), but the vegetable from which he derives his birthname is sorely lacking or at least I can't recall him growing carrots🤔

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:39 am

dbgtFO wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:11 am Since Toriyama established Goku as a vegetable farmer in Yo Son Goku etc. I don't think we have seen him grow carrots have we?
In Yo, he grew Radishes(the name pun of his brother) and in Super, by the Goku-Black Arc, he grew lettuce(the name pun of his lookalike and original dark Goku concept Tulleece), but the vegetable from which he derives his birthname is sorely lacking or at least I can't recall him growing carrots🤔
Very interesting thoughts! The connection of Black with Turtles makes sense. But really I don't remember seeing him growing carrots. Even after the FT arc ended, before he was attacked by bandits, he went to sell off his lettuces.
P O W E R

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:31 pm

Probably not the best place to ask this but I didn’t want to make a whole new topic in Website & Community Discussion, so I’ll just ask here. Is there a Kanzenshuu Community Discord that exists? If there is, how do you join?

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:03 am