Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu May 21, 2020 1:43 pm

DestructoDisc wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:58 pm Let's say that Adult Goten and Trunks are gay, in love with eachother and tell this to their parents. How would their parents react?
Lmao. No human feelings for saiyan. Despite Goku and Vegeta being how they are. Saiyan have way more harsh traditions. I can see homosexuality not even being a concept in their society. Ofc Goten and Trunks don't know that and don't care, with their human nature going into the way.

But for their fathers, it would probably be devastating. And I would understand why. Their mothers? Perhaps as creeped out. Bulma would be surprised, Chi-Chi would probably be shocked enough to kill Goten.

Lol
P O W E R

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri May 22, 2020 3:25 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:43 pm
DestructoDisc wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:58 pm Let's say that Adult Goten and Trunks are gay, in love with eachother and tell this to their parents. How would their parents react?
Lmao. No human feelings for saiyan. Despite Goku and Vegeta being how they are. Saiyan have way more harsh traditions. I can see homosexuality not even being a concept in their society. Ofc Goten and Trunks don't know that and don't care, with their human nature going into the way.

But for their fathers, it would probably be devastating. And I would understand why. Their mothers? Perhaps as creeped out. Bulma would be surprised, Chi-Chi would probably be shocked enough to kill Goten.

Lol
Goku wouldn't care. lol

Vegeta might be disappointed his son wouldn't produce more Saiyan warriors with his bloodline, but he'd get over it. He tries to hide it, but he's gotten soft. Especially when it comes to his family. If anything, he'd probably be more upset about his son being with Kakarot's boy, of all people.

Bulma wouldn't care. She was always kind of a rebel, so she's definitely not the type to care about traditions or social norms. She'd probably just say, "If it makes you happy, go for it."

Chichi would probably be the one who would be the most shocked out of all of them. But I wouldn't see her getting mad. She would come to accept it. Especially since her other son has already given her grandchildren.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Fri May 22, 2020 8:25 am

Even though there's been times in the series when gay references in the series have been made here and there (the one guy at the tournament in EoZ for instance) i doubt something like this would be done as far as actually writing main characters as being homosexual, at least not by Toriyama. Dragon Ball has never struck me to be a series that really delves into those kind of real life topics in a direct manner such as this.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun May 24, 2020 10:56 pm

Someone ever wondered why characters like Gohan and Fu need to use glasses?

I know that the answer out-universe might be for their characters look somewhat smart, but in-universe...

I get it that Gohan is half human so it could make sense the need of using glasses, but have you guys noted that in any media Gohan rarely fights using it? Mostly like implying that when he power ups (to Super Saiyan or whatever) maybe that also benefits his vision? So how he never figure out a way to do it permanently? I guess Probably he likes using it.

Now Fu is a magical being, I can only dig him using it to match his style not because he has a eye problem or anything else.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu May 28, 2020 5:12 pm

Any idea on what name a fusion between Goten and Gohan would have? Cause frankly, it is the most possible fusion to get from the pool of Gohanks, Vegeta+Gohan, Trunks+Goku, or even Goku+Goten or Goten+Vegeta.

Actually the same applies to Goku+Goten ig, unless we use Kakarot

Gogeta but Goten or Gohan instead of Goku lol. Both Fusion Dance and Potera names if you want
P O W E R

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu May 28, 2020 8:46 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:12 pm Any idea on what name a fusion between Goten and Gohan would have? Cause frankly, it is the most possible fusion to get from the pool of Gohanks, Vegeta+Gohan, Trunks+Goku, or even Goku+Goten or Goten+Vegeta.

Gogeta but Goten or Gohan instead of Goku lol. Both Fusion Dance and Potera names if you want
Gohan + Goten = Hanten

Goku + Goten = Kakaten

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Fri May 29, 2020 3:21 am

Goku wouldn't care.
Bulma would be super supportive.
Vegeta would be the disappointed, but accepting type.
Chi Chi would be crazy against the whole thing.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri May 29, 2020 12:14 pm

Does Dragon Ball have the only Shonen anime fan base that rigorously tries to mesh the side movies into the main series? Doesn't happen much these days as the average fan has pretty much come to accept that most, if not all of the old movies just don't fit into the main continuity at all but 10 years ago?! OOOOOOH BOY!

Curious on you guys' thoughts. And if the answer is YES, then why?

I'm pretty guilty of this myself honestly, I think we all are to a degree.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri May 29, 2020 12:32 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:12 pm Any idea on what name a fusion between Goten and Gohan would have?

Gotan and Goken

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri May 29, 2020 1:02 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:14 pmCurious on you guys' thoughts. And if the answer is YES, then why?
Next time you see one of those, show them Toriyama's statement that the movies take place in another dimension and see what they say. If they still continue to do it, ask why.
Dbzfan94 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:32 pmGotan
Gotan is already in use.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri May 29, 2020 2:26 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:14 pmDoes Dragon Ball have the only Shonen anime fan base that rigorously tries to mesh the side movies into the main series?
Yes. I've yet to see any Naruto or One Piece fan try to do this. When it comes to DB, this seems to be an American thing to do, rather than something that applies to fans worldwide such as in Japan. The general belief is that the original manga is the only thing that "counts", unless stated otherwise by the original author. For example, back in the day Toriyama stated that he liked Bardock's special so much he decided to implement the character in the manga. Due to that, it was accepted by most that out of all the animated material, that one special is what counted alongside the manga.
goku the krump dancer wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:14 pmIf the answer is YES, then why?
It was due to a massive misunderstanding on how DB as a franchise works. A part of the American fan base believed (and probably still does) that Toriyama wrote those movies AND the anime episodes. They thought it functioned like American animated series, not knowing that it was based on a comic written by an author who had very little involvement with the animated side of things. If anyone still tries to fit those movies within the manga's story, keep in mind that the author himself not only had nothing to do with them, he didn't even know what they were about, much less take them into account while writing his story.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri May 29, 2020 7:48 pm

Grimlock wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:02 pm
goku the krump dancer wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:14 pmCurious on you guys' thoughts. And if the answer is YES, then why?
Next time you see one of those, show them Toriyama's statement that the movies take place in another dimension and see what they say. If they still continue to do it, ask why.
Dbzfan94 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:32 pmGotan
Gotan is already in use.
Considering that’s also a hypothetical fusion I think it’s okay lol

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:39 pm

I'm so sick of Goku's Turtle School Gi and Vegeta's Cell arc armor. Their RoF redesigns were a step in the right direction and I'll never forgive the injustice they were done.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:37 pm

OhHiRenan wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:39 pm I'm so sick of Goku's Turtle School Gi and Vegeta's Cell arc armor. Their RoF redesigns were a step in the right direction and I'll never forgive the injustice they were done.
When it comes to Vegeta, I agree. I loved Vegeta's RoF armor, he looked so hot in it, gray just really suits him imo. I couldn't care less about what Goku wears though, he's the type of character that looks good no matter what he wears.

John Pannozzi
Beyond Newbie

Post by John Pannozzi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:55 pm

I've been meaning to mention this on Kanzenshuu for a little over a year now, so better late than never:

There's a recent American comic book miniseries called "No One Left to Fight", by Aubrey Sitterson and Fico Ossio that is openly inspired by Dragon Ball.

I haven't gotten to reading it myself, but I hope to in the future.

Has anyone else here heard about it, or maybe already read it?
Admin of the Dr. Slump Wiki.

I have a nostalgic soft spot for the Dragon Ball 10th anniversary movie. Ditto the Buu saga.

完全集のメンバー。

Friends don't lie.

Civic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Civic » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:26 am

DestructoDisc wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:37 pm
OhHiRenan wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:39 pm I'm so sick of Goku's Turtle School Gi and Vegeta's Cell arc armor. Their RoF redesigns were a step in the right direction and I'll never forgive the injustice they were done.
When it comes to Vegeta, I agree. I loved Vegeta's RoF armor, he looked so hot in it, gray just really suits him imo. I couldn't care less about what Goku wears though, he's the type of character that looks good no matter what he wears.
I disliked the RoF Vegeta look - personally I didn't like the grey. However I would've been happy if they went another design instead of reverting to Cell Saga look (although it's my favourite Vegeta look, I like the evolving costume changes).

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:06 am

Same here. I love their classic designs as much as anyone, but this is a modern part of the franchise, so they should've stuck with modern designs. Vegeta is just terrible looking due to all that blue. Goku doesn't look as bad, but he still looks off compared to his RF design.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:26 am

Matches Malone wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:06 am
Same here. I love their classic designs as much as anyone, but this is a modern part of the franchise, so they should've stuck with modern designs. Vegeta is just terrible looking due to all that blue. Goku doesn't look as bad, but he still looks off compared to his RF design.
I want something more like their EoZ looks in fact in one of Super's openings Vegeta trained in that outfit

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:44 am

Mad Swami wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:26 amI want something more like their EoZ looks in fact in one of Super's openings Vegeta trained in that outfit
I wouldn't mind Vegeta having that look but Goku switching to Blue on top of SsjB would be too much, unless UI became his default transformation.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:55 am

Matches Malone wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:44 am
Mad Swami wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:26 amI want something more like their EoZ looks in fact in one of Super's openings Vegeta trained in that outfit
I wouldn't mind Vegeta having that look but Goku switching to Blue on top of SsjB would be too much, unless UI became his default transformation.
Fair. I think the wierdest thing is, what was the point of the Whis outfits? They appear for two arcs and then were completley dropped