Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:32 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Rock the Dragon set "currently unavailable" on Amazon, oh no don't tell me it is OOP? I missed loads of opportunity get it now I actually want it...
That would suck so much ass, I've been wanting it for a long time but moneys tight. :cry:
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:19 am

soppa saia people wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Rock the Dragon set "currently unavailable" on Amazon, oh no don't tell me it is OOP? I missed loads of opportunity get it now I actually want it...
That would suck so much ass, I've been wanting it for a long time but moneys tight. :cry:
I actually managed to snatch practically the last copy of the Rock The Dragon set that was still in brand new condition and factory sealed, even though it cost 140 quid. So I consider myself quite lucky.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:00 am

Can Beerus choke to death?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:05 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
soppa saia people wrote:
I actually managed to snatch practically the last copy of the Rock The Dragon set that was still in brand new condition and factory sealed, even though it cost 140 quid. So I consider myself quite lucky.
Godamn that seems like a bargain now! This is absolutely absurd someone on eBay is is selling for US $2,939.01 like what the eff. What makes it worse is seeing the price history and it being as low as US $63.01: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

What is it with Dragon Ball and extortionate prices for DVD's :lol:

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:06 pm

Does anyone else miss the oozaru roars when the saiyans yell? :cry:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:08 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Can Beerus choke to death?
Any vertebrate that has a throat anatomy can possibly choke on any given substance, as far as I know. Godly ki can't protect you from everything. :)

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:11 pm

nite_jay wrote:Does anyone else miss the oozaru roars when the saiyans yell? :cry:
Was that used often? I only remember it in GT when Goku fights off Baby-possessed Gohan and Goten.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:12 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
soppa saia people wrote: That would suck so much ass, I've been wanting it for a long time but moneys tight. :cry:
Godamn that seems like a bargain now! This is absolutely absurd someone on eBay is is selling for US $2,939.01 like what the eff. What makes it worse is seeing the price history and it being as low as US $63.01: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

$2,939.01?1 :shock: What funny cigarettes has that person been smoking if they think even the most hardcore Dragon Ball fans will shell out that amount of money for the Rock The Dragon set? Hell, why are they even selling it in the first place? It's a collectors item. It's usually one of those things you don't sell.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:18 pm

In the new material do Bulma and co realise that Emperor Pilaf is from their childhood?

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:20 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
nite_jay wrote:Does anyone else miss the oozaru roars when the saiyans yell? :cry:
Was that used often? I only remember it in GT when Goku fights off Baby-possessed Gohan and Goten.

I believe they did it when Goku went SSJ, Vegeta charged Perfect Cell, Gohan went SSJ2, Trunks went USSJ etc.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:25 pm

Krillin1994 wrote:In the new material do Bulma and co realise that Emperor Pilaf is from their childhood?
Hard to say, but I see no signs of it. In Battle of Gods, there was no indication that she knew who Mai was. So, probably not.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:40 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Krillin1994 wrote:In the new material do Bulma and co realise that Emperor Pilaf is from their childhood?
Hard to say, but I see no signs of it. In Battle of Gods, there was no indication that she knew who Mai was. So, probably not.

Because Bulma joking about Mai sounding older than she is last episode implies that Bulma is unaware.

Unless Bulma was making a sarcastic/ironic joke.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:59 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: I actually managed to snatch practically the last copy of the Rock The Dragon set that was still in brand new condition and factory sealed, even though it cost 140 quid. So I consider myself quite lucky.

$2,939.01?1 :shock: What funny cigarettes has that person been smoking if they think even the most hardcore Dragon Ball fans will shell out that amount of money for the Rock The Dragon set? Hell, why are they even selling it in the first place? It's a collectors item. It's usually one of those things you don't sell.
They obviously bought it to sell for a profit. That's what I did.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:43 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Godamn that seems like a bargain now! This is absolutely absurd someone on eBay is is selling for US $2,939.01 like what the eff. What makes it worse is seeing the price history and it being as low as US $63.01: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

They obviously bought it to sell for a profit. That's what I did.
How much profit did you end up making, if you don't mind me asking?

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:50 pm

Bought for $40, sold for $120. Held onto it for about 2 months.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:46 pm

If Gine ever appears in the anime, I hope she's voiced by Shigeru Chiba.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

RedRibbonSoldier#42
Regular

Post by RedRibbonSoldier#42 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:54 pm

I wonder if the people of Earth have any religion. Any faith that isn't "all hail the green slug dude" would be demonstrably wrong.

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:05 pm

According to the Daizenshuu #7 the Olympics occurs in Dragon Ball
Olympics

A worldwide sports festival occuring once every four years. Even in the Dragon Ball world, the record for the 100 meter dash appears to be about 9-10 seconds.
The time for the 100 meter dash surprised me, I would've thought in the DBU trained athletes would be much stronger and faster than real life athletes.

Even Pre Roshi training Goku and Krillin were around the same level.
Chapter: 28, P11.4-5
Context: after Goku runs 100 meters with new shoes
Kame-sennin: “Eigh…8.5 seconds…”
Goku: “Is that fast!?”
Kuririn: “What kind of training did you do…?”
Chapter: 28, P8.1-2
Context: after running 100 meters
Kame-sennin: “Incredible! 10.4 seconds! That’s really something!”
Kuririn: “Oh, 10.4 huh? My personal best is 10.1 though.”
RedRibbonSoldier#42 wrote:I wonder if the people of Earth have any religion. Any faith that isn't "all hail the green slug dude" would be demonstrably wrong.
Daizenshuu 7 actually touches on this exact topic
Beliefs

Even on the Earth in Dragon Ball, Christian and Buddhist religions seem to exist as subjects of people's beliefs. However, they have no knowledge at all of the real Kami's existence. Kami does not meet with humans directly (Gokuu and the others are exceptions). He watches over the Earth from atop the Temple. The one who conveys Kami's intentions to humans and gives them support is Karin who lives in Karin Tower.
In the case of Saiyans, it is Super Saiyan that is in a god-like position. Super Saiyans were mythical beings for the Saiyans.
For Namekkians, Kami is the one who created them. All faith is directed toward the Grand Elder, who produced Porunga, the god of dreams. However, that is not the kind of thing you would call belief in a deity; it is closer to honor and affection for a parent.
I would love to read the DBU version of the Bible. Maybe Jesus was one of the 1st proficient ki manipulators :lol:

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:59 pm

When Shen Long is summoned, is the entire world in darkness or does he just affect a specific range?

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:01 pm

Nejishiki wrote:When Shen Long is summoned, is the entire world in darkness or does he just effect a specific range?
It looks like the entire world.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.