Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:51 am

It may sound a little inappropriate, however, are we sure that Goten and Gohan are Goku's sons? I kinda do not get the entire thing.... of course, DB isn't about that, but why is Goku so ignorant when it comes to husband stuff?

Did Chi Chi force him? Lol
P O W E R

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:26 pm

They are very obviously Goku's sons, Goku loves his family including his wife, let's not do the "Chi Chi raped Goku" conversation.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:31 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:51 am It may sound a little inappropriate, however, are we sure that Goten and Gohan are Goku's sons? I kinda do not get the entire thing.... of course, DB isn't about that, but why is Goku so ignorant when it comes to husband stuff?

What kind of question is that? He’s not nearly as clueless as the “lmao Chichi raped Goku” memes portray him as. Stop. Goku loves his family.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:16 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:51 am It may sound a little inappropriate, however, are we sure that Goten and Gohan are Goku's sons? I kinda do not get the entire thing.... of course, DB isn't about that, but why is Goku so ignorant when it comes to husband stuff?

Huh????? Goku cares about Chi Chi and his children in his own unique albeit unconventional way, but this whole forced rape thing you speak of is just way too out there and quite frankly sounds disturbing.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:32 am

I had no intentions to discuss about rape. All I had in mind was that Goku's character doesn't really match with that of someone who wants to have a family and a wife. He could have never had any family and be the same.

Of course he cares about them, but he isn't like Vegeta in that matter. Someone who actually had a family and seemed to be wanting one.
P O W E R

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Thu May 16, 2019 6:38 pm

Are there any differences in between the Dub tracks in the FUNimation DB/DBZ movie singles and the Replacement Score Dub tracks in the Double Feature DVD/BD? Like, were there any soundtrack changes or rerecorded lines like in the main series?

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:55 pm

Fully cognizant of the fact that this is nearly a month late....but who else's sons are they supposed to be? They are both Super Saiyans, and Goku was the only Saiyan around on Earth prior to Gohan's birth. I guess you could pretend Vegeta is Goten's father...but that seems....unlikely.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat May 18, 2019 5:34 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:04 pmI sure hope someone loves Dragon Ball enough to Last Jedi the shit out of it one day.
Better yet I would hope someone could love enough to Endgame the shit out if one day. :P
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri May 24, 2019 2:19 am

lmao, on the first song on the new flying lotus album the song ends with a bunch of dbz sound effects and a nozawa sample at the end.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Sun May 26, 2019 10:20 am

I think Gohan and Piccolo vs Saonel and Pirinel is one of the most underrated fights in the entire franchise

I think it's because it got lost in the massive hype that was Ultra Instinct

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun May 26, 2019 11:01 am

Not inappropriate so much as mind numbingly “wtf”

Gohan has Saiyajin blood when Goku was the only Saiyajin on earth at the time. Who the hell else could be the dad?

And Goten looks like mini Goku. Either Chi Chi had an off screen affair with Teluce or he’s Goku’s son.

As far as the “forced thing” I’ll just say Goku’s levels of consent is dubious as best. It’s probably best to leave it at “Toriyama wanted Goku to have a son(s) and didn’t think twice about the moral ramifications of a dude who clearly has no interest in sex nor seems to really understand the concept”

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Thu May 30, 2019 2:16 pm

Why do people worship celebrities? They're just humans.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Thu May 30, 2019 8:06 pm

Nokra wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 2:16 pm Why do people worship celebrities? They're just humans.
What does this have to do with DB?

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Thu May 30, 2019 8:31 pm

Are the magical girls of U2 humans?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri May 31, 2019 3:03 am

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:31 pm Are the magical girls of U2 humans?
I don't think so, but that's something they didn't make clear. U6 and U7 both have an Earth because they are twin universes. No other universe should have an Earth, given the rule of 13. I think the magical girls are just one of many of the unnamed humanoid races. Then again, their universe did have a Yardrat, which throws a wrench in the twin universe system.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Fri May 31, 2019 4:03 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:03 am
Then again, their universe did have a Yardrat, which throws a wrench in the twin universe system.
I suppose it's possible that Yardrats are U2 natives that have migrated to U7 at some point. Or this individual Yardrat immigrated to U2. If Yardrats are really masters of teleportation, then I suppose they can go and live anywhere they want.

Or maybe U2 is the melting pot of the DB cosmos, and people from all over the multiverse go to live there. Major headcanon, I know. But I feel like that's sort of fitting given how U2 has such a focus on love that I could see them accepting everybody from all over.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:50 pm

Not sure if this thread is the right place to ask this, but does anyone know if the idea of Gods of Destruction has been used/found in anything outside of Dragon Ball, be-it other works of fiction, or mythology? I know that Shiva in Hinduism is considered a God of Destruction (among other things), but that's all I've found on that.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:25 pm

When Super comes back, whether it starts after Moro or in the next arc after Moro, should it have an overarching threat similar to that of the Akatsuki in Naruto?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:09 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:25 pm When Super comes back, whether it starts after Moro or in the next arc after Moro, should it have an overarching threat similar to that of the Akatsuki in Naruto?
It will be too complicated for the little kiddies to follow and pay attention too. Infact when DBS returns Toei will probably pull a WB and make the show 11 minutes, episodic and air two episodes back to back that should make it much easier for the little kiddies to follow and pay attention!

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:18 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:09 pm
Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:25 pm When Super comes back, whether it starts after Moro or in the next arc after Moro, should it have an overarching threat similar to that of the Akatsuki in Naruto?
It will be too complicated for the little kiddies to follow and pay attention too. Infact when DBS returns Toei will probably pull a WB and make the show 11 minutes, episodic and air two episodes back to back that should make it much easier for the little kiddies to follow and pay attention!