Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Alruneia
I Live Here

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Alruneia » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:32 am

Koitsukai wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:46 am Being so close to the EoZ, I wish we had Goku and Vegeta wearing their clothes from those chapters. Not that the Galactic Patrol logo addition was bad, at least they tried to change something, but still I wonder if I'll ever see those outfits on stage.

Maybe if the manga continues?
I'd love to see Goku's blue gi too. As far as Vegeta goes, he actually has been wearing his 28th WMAT outfit in the Super manga:

...so we're all good there.
In the end, outfit choice is not just a matter of allowing time to pass towards EoZ, though. For example, do their transformations start looking weird? I remember the complaints people had with Goku and Vegeta's Whis outfits not matching with regular SS. Similar complaints might pop up with their EoZ outfits, and that could end up feeling limiting for Tori/Toyo/Toei. I'm not going to try to speak for them, I really wish we could just get to EoZ already, but maybe there's some kind of logic like that behind it. That and nostalgia pandering.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:11 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:02 am
Melee_Sovereign wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:22 am So does anyone else hate Moro's transformed state?
Opposite, I love it.
Why? Just why?!

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:54 pm

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:11 pm
Xeogran wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:02 am
Melee_Sovereign wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:22 am So does anyone else hate Moro's transformed state?
Opposite, I love it.
Why? Just why?!
Because he is smug and I enjoy the design, especially when I saw it colored in some fanarts.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:21 pm

I don't hate it, but I'm not really a fan of it. I would've preferred if he just returned to his younger state after eating 7-3 instead of outright transforming.

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:32 am

Is Mr Popo a Shinjin?

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:45 pm

Today I just noticed this visual link!

Locust
Beyond Newbie

Post by Locust » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:43 am

My boy finally got a figuarts

Looks real good, I'll be picking this up
"I just wanna punch god in the face"
My English can be weak, please forgive mistakes/confusingly phrased sentences
Letterboxd

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:15 pm

Could Saiyans get more hungry as they transform? If so, i fear the future of Sadala once it's whole population inevitably transforms.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:33 pm

dbs fanboy wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:15 pm Could Saiyans get more hungry as they transform? If so, i fear the future of Sadala once it's whole population inevitably transforms.
Doubtful but remember that Saiyan numbers are low as they are a warrior race.

I personally am excited about the Limit Breaker Super Saiyan 4.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:32 pm

Don't you find it weird that we hardly touch upon Guardian deities anymore?

I mean, I understand that the focus is on GoDs and Angels rn, the high tiers, but interplanetary conflicts should get some planet's caught up with trouble.

Important planet's like Earth, Namek and Yardrat... Which just happened in the Manga. So why isn't Pybara, the chief of all Yardrat (I suppose?) it's guardian? Who is the great elder of Namek? Why was only Guru referred to as one?

I get that they may need to explain them possessing God ki, but imo, the guardians of such significant planet's should exist and try to assist the main cast.

Ultimately, they may be guardians in all but name...

I just think that keeping the role for Earth is a bit off.

I'm a fan of lesser deities in DB.
P O W E R

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:13 pm

Had an epiphany :wtf: , Piccolo and Vegeta never exchange blows with each other in DBZ/manga, a bit of a misopportunity.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:00 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:13 pm Had an epiphany :wtf: , Piccolo and Vegeta never exchange blows with each other in DBZ/manga, a bit of a misopportunity.
I think Dragon Ball Z Abridged even commented on this.

KPike87
Beyond Newbie

Post by KPike87 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:34 am

Here's a cool trick you can do with *some* of the single DVD's.

If you're like me and your first experience with DBZ (non Kai) was with say the Orange Bricks or even the US Dragon Boxes, you may be used to the English dub with the Japanese intro and outro. Well, if your preferred way to watch the show now is through the single DVD's, but would rather have Japanese intros and outros, simply set the language to Japanese, then in your DVD/Blu Ray/Media player settings, switch it to English audio. Even in a marathon, it'll have the textless intros and outros in Japanese with English voices, and they switch back and forth.

Like I said, this only works on some of the DVD's, no idea how many work. Namek's End doesn't seem to work, but Vegeta's Plea does. This seems to be because some DVD's use an entirely different video track for the different languages. Also, if you want English title cards with this method, simply switch to a different angle.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:28 am

KPike87 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:34 am Here's a cool trick you can do with *some* of the single DVD's.

If you're like me and your first experience with DBZ (non Kai) was with say the Orange Bricks or even the US Dragon Boxes, you may be used to the English dub with the Japanese intro and outro.
Unless you have the Dragon Boxes you’re not getting the Z dub with the Japanese intro. That lame dub intro that sounds like it was composed from free stock music from an IMAC plays on the Orange Bricks/Blue Rays for the Z dub regardless if you’re watching with the Japanese music or not

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:07 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:28 am
KPike87 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:34 am Here's a cool trick you can do with *some* of the single DVD's.

If you're like me and your first experience with DBZ (non Kai) was with say the Orange Bricks or even the US Dragon Boxes, you may be used to the English dub with the Japanese intro and outro.
Unless you have the Dragon Boxes you’re not getting the Z dub with the Japanese intro. That lame dub intro that sounds like it was composed from free stock music from an IMAC plays on the Orange Bricks/Blue Rays for the Z dub regardless if you’re watching with the Japanese music or not
Yes, for some reason i can't even begin to figure they put said generic sounding guitar instrumental intro on the dub with Japanese music track though it really shouldn't have been there. The real kicker is that both of the endings are correct so it's literally just the opening they messed up and it's been like that on every single release (Dragon Boxes aside) since 2007.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

KPike87
Beyond Newbie

Post by KPike87 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:01 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:07 am
MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:28 am

Yes, for some reason i can't even begin to figure they put said generic sounding guitar instrumental intro on the dub with Japanese music track though it really shouldn't have been there. The real kicker is that both of the endings are correct so it's literally just the opening they messed up and it's been like that on every single release (Dragon Boxes aside) since 2007.
That's an L on my part, my mistake. My releases are kind of all over the place, so forgive me on that. I started watching Z with the Buu saga, via the bricks, and since the the singles and that release use different tracks for the intros, I thought that was Japanese I guess. I'm just glad I'm still able to get "We Were Angels" to play at the end of all the Buu single DVD's, that was the main thing I wanted.

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Post by jamiljamtheman » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:49 am

Just here to say one thing I like about the DB community is the dedication behind fan content. Specifically talking animation, since having seen all of SDBH all I had to search was “dragon ball fan animation” and bam, at least a couple of new stories and videos to watch.

Truly awesome. The worldwide impact of this franchise is huge.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:55 pm

Well considering there are tons of better fan arts of it (you can check on it: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4188&start=14560), yes.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

lolman196

Post by lolman196 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:12 pm

This is kind of random, but I watched this Mario Paint commercial earlier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V0KJWNquu0

At about 14 seconds in, does that sound like Masako Nozawa to anyone, or am I imagining things?

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:15 am

Does anyone know where I can find the Dragon Ball Z Kai Eyecatches without the Kai Logo?

Like this one?