Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ClutchBangstrip
Beyond Newbie

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by ClutchBangstrip » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:10 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
ClutchBangstrip wrote:Anyone else genuinely enjoy Dragon Ball hatred? I revel in it.
Do you mean the hatred of the Franchise overall, or the Hatred of the first parts of the series?
The franchise, in general. Like, I love reading and watching people rage at the franchise. I wish I could explain what the feeling is like.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:56 pm

Draconic wrote:The Mayweather vs McGregor fight is probably the best real world showcase of "holding back", while still being so far above your opponent it's not even close.
Would you think Mayweather would accept McGregor challenge in the octagon? :D
8000 Saiyan wrote:I feel you. I miss Kageyama too.
I miss him and Kikuchi, these guys were the essence of this franchise to me.
8000 Saiyan wrote:God, I miss Jinzoningen MULE so much...
It's sure has been a while since the last time I saw him in the forum, probably college/work getting real tight or something :think:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:12 pm

Noah wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:God, I miss Jinzoningen MULE so much...
It's sure has been a while since the last time I saw him in the forum, probably college/work getting real tight or something :think:
No he quit the board because EX called him out on something. It was pretty funny.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:13 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:No he quit the board because EX called him out on something. It was pretty funny.
Is that true? :?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:51 pm

Noah wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:No he quit the board because EX called him out on something. It was pretty funny.
Is that true? :?
Yeah.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39404
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:10 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:Yeah.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39404
Funny thing that when you said "EX" I thought it was ex girlfriend not VegettoEX :lol:

Anyway what thread they're talking about that was getting "massively off-topic"?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:13 pm

Noah wrote: Funny thing that when you said "EX" I thought it was ex girlfriend not VegettoEX :lol:

Anyway what thread they're talking about that was getting "massively off-topic"?
It was a discussion about "LGBT in Dragonball". I believe that was the title. I don't remember the actual content very well, but I do remember it got pretty heated.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:28 am

Noah wrote:
Draconic wrote:The Mayweather vs McGregor fight is probably the best real world showcase of "holding back", while still being so far above your opponent it's not even close.
Would you think Mayweather would accept McGregor challenge in the octagon? :D
There's no reason for him to do it. His and McGregor's contexts are different. While McGregor is a great UFC talent and is notorious, his contribution to the sport is nowhere near to what Mayweather's was to boxing. He probably wouldn't want to tarnish his undefeated reputationon by getting humilliated in a sport he has no chance in. McGregor stepped into the boxing ring for the money and got away 100 million $ richer and with no real loss. There's no point for Floyd to do it.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:28 am

Boo Machine wrote:
Noah wrote: Funny thing that when you said "EX" I thought it was ex girlfriend not VegettoEX :lol:

It was a discussion about "LGBT in Dragonball". I believe that was the title. I don't remember the actual content very well, but I do remember it got pretty heated.
First couple pages were fairly on topic then it devolved into a mess, became not even remotely DB related and then people had the cheek to cry when it got locked, I mean PM'ing exists for this sole reason.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:36 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:

First couple pages were fairly on topic then it devolved into a mess, became not even remotely DB related and then people had the cheek to cry when it got locked, I mean PM'ing exists for this sole reason.
I don't regret starting the topic. I do regret that people could not be mature about discussing it within the context of the series.
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:59 am

Li'l Lemmy wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:
I don't regret starting the topic. I do regret that people could not be mature about discussing it within the context of the series.
I wouldn't expect you to regret starting it, the intention was to be DB related so that's understandable, a thread like that was an acid test of the community and they failed miserably.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:48 pm

I wish Toriyama or Toyotarou would talk more about what Super is. Reading interviews of the Z movies and the Super manga I can see this is supposed to be thee definitive continuation but I would like to hear these two thoughts talk about the movies, anime and manga.

"[As with the last movie], I thought up the new story for the next Dragon Ball theatrical film as though it were a continuation of the manga when it was in serialization."
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/ ... a-comment/

"Did you ever think you'd be working for Shueisha on the official sequel to Dragon Ball?"
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/intervi ... ou/.107579

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:07 am

Li'l Lemmy wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:
Honestly, the whole thread kinda soured me on Kanzenshuu. Like, you had good intentions, and it was a worthwhile topic, but it really did show that the community here could not mange to tackle a sensitive topic with class.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:16 pm

It was indeed a poor showing on the part of some that reflects badly on the community as a whole. It certainly wasn't indicative of what I expect from the forum I've been a member of for 12 years. Hopefully people took sonething away from the experience that will encourage better attitudes with regard to future sensitive topics.
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:45 pm

Whatever happened to MofoGoku?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:54 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
Li'l Lemmy wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: First couple pages were fairly on topic then it devolved into a mess, became not even remotely DB related and then people had the cheek to cry when it got locked, I mean PM'ing exists for this sole reason.
Honestly, the whole thread kinda soured me on Kanzenshuu. Like, you had good intentions, and it was a worthwhile topic, but it really did show that the community here could not mange to tackle a sensitive topic with class.
Unfortunately, a lot of people tend to be very defensive and thin-skinned when it comes to issues like that. When that happens, even when two people mostly agree on things, if one doesn't use the "right" terminology or doesn't put as much importance into a few aspects that the other thinks he should put, it can easily derail into a very nasty exchange, let alone when they disagree on lots of things. I believe I experienced some of that myself.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:00 pm

rereboy wrote: Unfortunately, a lot of people tend to be very defensive and thin-skinned when it comes to issues like that. When that happens, even when two people mostly agree on things, if one doesn't use the "right" terminology or doesn't put as much importance into a few aspects that the other thinks he should put, it can easily derail into a very nasty exchange, let alone when they disagree on lots of things. I believe I experienced some of that myself.
Lol, stop it dude.
Li'l Lemmy wrote:It was indeed a poor showing on the part of some that reflects badly on the community as a whole. It certainly wasn't indicative of what I expect from the forum I've been a member of for 12 years. Hopefully people took sonething away from the experience that will encourage better attitudes with regard to future sensitive topics.
Agreed.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:09 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote: Lol, stop it dude.
Er... Stop with that? Even I can be more defensive and thin-skinned than I should be on certain matters, it's pretty natural. I'm just saying that's one of the reasons why topics like that easily turn into a mess.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:27 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
Li'l Lemmy wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: First couple pages were fairly on topic then it devolved into a mess, became not even remotely DB related and then people had the cheek to cry when it got locked, I mean PM'ing exists for this sole reason.
There was a feminism topic that went south roughly a week before the LGBT one was started. I'm not sure what gave the impression that opening up another sensitive topic so soon would go over remotely well, nor why it took multiple political threads going south to give the impression that our user base here lacks the ability to discuss these matters level-headedly.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:50 pm

Zephyr wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:
Li'l Lemmy wrote:
There was a feminism topic that went south roughly a week before the LGBT one was started. I'm not sure what gave the impression that opening up another sensitive topic so soon would go over remotely well, nor why it took multiple political threads going south to give the impression that our user base here lacks the ability to discuss these matters level-headedly.
Yeah, I remember that. That thread was the one that made me go, "do I really want to be here ?" and the LGBT thread only confirmed it.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸