Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:47 pm

So...how is it nobody knows that Gohan is The Great Saiyaman? During the tournament, his classmates overheard Krillin (I think) ask him why he was wearing such a silly costume, yet nobody seems to know his secret identity anymore. Did that memory get erased along with the memory of Buu? How was that wish worded, by the way? Clearly, all the main cast remembers Buu, so the wish had to exclude them somehow... Did they wish for everyone without knowledge of ki control to forget the last few days? Somebody would had to have noticed, then, that nearly everyone on the entire planet was missing a few days, even if most of the population was more dense than a rock.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat May 01, 2021 7:52 am

When I'm on other boards with a like and dislike system, often the amount of likes will determine what button I'll press, if the resulting number will have a relevance to a number in the Dragon Ball franchise.

For example if a comment has 130 upvotes/likes, I'll upvote it so it has 131, the same as the number of Super episodes there are.
So lots of posts and comments out there have had their rating influenced simply because of my OCD with that and not because I liked or disliked it, lol.

Nosferatu93
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nosferatu93 » Sat May 01, 2021 1:38 pm

How is this set? I never saw this one😬
Hellsing

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu May 06, 2021 6:35 pm

been watching gundam wing (which...isn't very good but);and rewatching utena with my boyfriend and man, i kinda wish hikaru midorikawa took over as vegeta rather then tenshinhan lol. he's like fine as tenshinhan and horikawa is never losing the vegeta role barring retirement or a early death god forbid but oh my god, midorikawa would be a absolutely perfect vegeta.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Post by jamiljamtheman » Wed May 12, 2021 3:56 pm

I tried asking this in the SDBH thread right after seeing the episode, but it got buried:

Does anyone know if Vegetas flashbacks in that episode were newly drawn/animated? Or recycled footage?

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu May 13, 2021 1:29 am

i thought it was fairly obvious given the style and colour palette but definitely redrawn.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri May 14, 2021 11:11 pm

jamiljamtheman wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:56 pmDoes anyone know if Vegetas flashbacks in that episode were newly drawn/animated? Or recycled footage?
There's your official answer.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Lance Freeman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lance Freeman » Sat May 15, 2021 5:09 pm

Does anyone know if the existing Level Sets are back in production? They just showed up in my Amazon feed, listed as brand new at non-ridiculous pricing, so I have to wonder what's going on.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Sat May 29, 2021 3:26 pm

Wasn't sure where else to ask this, but is there a thread that has all of Toriyama's contributions to Dragon Ball Super? Consisting of interviews, character designs, manga corrections, etc?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat May 29, 2021 4:24 pm

superfan2024 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:26 pm Wasn't sure where else to ask this, but is there a thread that has all of Toriyama's contributions to Dragon Ball Super? Consisting of interviews, character designs, manga corrections, etc?
I don't think it has ever been very clear exactly how involved he's been. He'll write the stories, sure, but he takes suggestions from Toei, based on what they think would be popular. Resurrection F and Broly were probably both Toei's idea, but Toriyama wrote the plot. How much detail does he give? How closely does Toei follow Toriyama's writing? Don't know for sure. I doubt anyone knows which of the new characters during ToP were his designs and which were Toyotaro's. The major characters (minus Kale) were probably his.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat May 29, 2021 11:18 pm

KPike87 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:09 pm I was thinking, it's too bad Kai removed that filler of Roshi going over the back story of the Red Ribbon Army...
Was that a dub thing or also in the original Kai? Cause if so, it's kinda lame... Kai kept many unnecessary filler, they could keep that one as it served to create a connection between the RR arc and the Android/Cell arc.
Soppa Saia People wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:35 pm been watching gundam wing (which...isn't very good but);and rewatching utena with my boyfriend and man, i kinda wish hikaru midorikawa took over as vegeta rather then tenshinhan lol. he's like fine as tenshinhan and horikawa is never losing the vegeta role barring retirement or a early death god forbid but oh my god, midorikawa would be a absolutely perfect vegeta.
You're a girl? I always thought you were a boy lol
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat May 29, 2021 11:26 pm

not to self indulge but i'm non-binary but for the first 3 years i posted on here (which was by far my most active time period), i hadn't come out yet and though i don't think i ever said anything about my gender (or what i thought i had to be), a lot of my opinions and thoughts were certainly that of a 13 year old boy.

but i'm even when i did think i was male, i was still attracted to men so it doesn't really matter either which way lol.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat May 29, 2021 11:35 pm

Noah wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:18 pm
KPike87 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:09 pm I was thinking, it's too bad Kai removed that filler of Roshi going over the back story of the Red Ribbon Army...
Was that a dub thing or also in the original Kai? Cause if so, it's kinda lame... Kai kept many unnecessary filler, they could keep that one as it served to create a connection between the RR arc and the Android/Cell arc.
Soppa Saia People wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:35 pm been watching gundam wing (which...isn't very good but);and rewatching utena with my boyfriend and man, i kinda wish hikaru midorikawa took over as vegeta rather then tenshinhan lol. he's like fine as tenshinhan and horikawa is never losing the vegeta role barring retirement or a early death god forbid but oh my god, midorikawa would be a absolutely perfect vegeta.
You're a girl? I always thought you were a boy lol

I am extremely confused on why you would jump to the conclusion that they’re a girl based solely on the mention of them having a boyfriend.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun May 30, 2021 11:16 am

Well, sure there are women who are fan of DB, but to the point of subscribing in a forum is a bit rare. Here for example I can just remember Chuquita, precita, HeroH and JulieYBM, I asked Soppa Saia People out of curiosity, but he/she's not obligated to answer though.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun May 30, 2021 7:10 pm

Noah wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:16 am Well, sure there are women who are fan of DB, but to the point of subscribing in a forum is a bit rare. Here for example I can just remember Chuquita, precita, HeroH and JulieYBM, I asked Soppa Saia People out of curiosity, but he/she's not obligated to answer though.
now, i don't mean to be rude but it's weird to ask a question, and then that person answers the question, and then to be like Yeah They Don't Have To Answer. like no, i gave you answer and i have my pronouns in my signature ?

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

UltraInstinctRorikon
Beyond Newbie

Post by UltraInstinctRorikon » Sun May 30, 2021 9:20 pm

Saying "I thought you were a boy" is heavily offensive. Please don't say that to people.
We the ones

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun May 30, 2021 9:31 pm

Do you guys generally consider Yo Son Goku to be part of the continuity? I mean, it could be ignored for the most part, but there are a few references to Tarble spread throughout later content, however they're kinda flimsy. Tarble is mentioned indirectly in the BoG movie, but only the movie version and not in either of the Super versions. He's also mentioned in material relating to BR, but not in the movie itself as far as I can recall. Based on all that, I'm not entirely sure what his status is, and therefore what the Yo Son Goku story's status is. Personally I'm leaning towards it being a part of the main continuity and not just a spin-off, but what do you guys think?
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun May 30, 2021 9:37 pm

It can't be "ignored for the most part" considering the characters rarely speak about relatives. I doubt Vegeta would ocasionally say: "oh by the way, I might have a brother somewhere out there". No, the cast know about Tarble because they met him (in the OVA).

And yes, Dragon Ball Super Broly also mentions Tarble, Nappa asks about him.

Being spin-off has no relation to being part of the "main continuity" or not. Trunks manga/TV Special is a spin-off and it takes place in the "main continuity".
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Diaz

is this dragon box footage of have i been scammed

Post by Diaz » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:30 am

Yo'Goodfella
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yo'Goodfella » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:05 am

A while ago, Poker Night at the Inventory came to my mind. For those who don't know, it's a duology of Poker games featurung famous characters from Valve. While the premise is simple, the game's strong point is the loads of conversations between the players, referencing past adventures and cracking jokes.

I thought of how hilarious that concept could be if applied with the Dragon Ball, and it could lead to some interesting dialogue. But could it even be feasible? Who would even work in a setting of "Dragon Ball characters play poker"? Back then, I thought of Dyspo, Hit, 17 and... Sorrel (in both games, there is an out-there character that just makes you wonder what are they even doing there, and have a predominantly white colour scheme). Thing is, they'd have to invent a lot of stuff, because it's not like we have deep lore coming from Sorrel.

There are other silly game concepts I've had before... Just not quite like this one.
Pretty much a guy who has been really late on catching up with Dragonball and Fighterz.

I'm really not an expert on the matter, but I like to think.