Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Desassina » Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:24 pm

Would you mind having fusion names that are not solely based on the concatenation of words that were split? In the sense that they can have a meaning of its own. Say, Beers and Champa's fusion is Black Velvet, Top and Dyspo are Dystopia in the second case, etc., although one could argue that the meaning is supposed to be two people in one, hence the concatenation, and Truhan would be that case with a meaning of its own too (in Spanish).

KPike87
Beyond Newbie

Post by KPike87 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:50 am

I just wanted to share these painful reviews from the Level Sets on Amazon.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:11 am

KPike87 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:50 am I just wanted to share these painful reviews from the Level Sets on Amazon.

Gives some insight on why Funimation switched back to 16:9

The last one killed me. The cropping of the Orange Bricks was honestly unbearable

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:00 am

4:3 is a scam?! OMFG these people don't know how film and video shooting works!
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:53 pm

KPike87 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:50 am I just wanted to share these painful reviews from the Level Sets on Amazon.

I just....wow. Apparently the people making these reviews back in 2011 didn't have a freaking clue that this at the time over 20 year old anime series WAS animated in 4:3, and force cropping it to widescreen is bad because that's not how it was intended to be presented.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed May 04, 2022 12:16 am

A kid re-enacts acts of violence influenced by Dragon Ball. Images may be disturbing, watch at your own risk. So cute!
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Asin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Asin » Wed May 04, 2022 12:07 pm

Grimlock wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:16 am A kid re-enacts acts of violence influenced by Dragon Ball. Images may be disturbing, watch at your own risk. So cute!
Aw, how sweet! Although it's not as sweet considering she sees the cameraman as about on the same level as Cui... as in, worthless.
I kid, I kid, I just am not good with humor.

dva_raza
Temporarily Banned

Post by dva_raza » Wed May 04, 2022 7:17 pm

I've a non thread worthy question.

When people here type in miniscule font.. WHY?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu May 05, 2022 3:52 pm

I'm a little sad that in Broly, they didn't use a different design for Ginyu 40 years ago.

He looked the same for half a century, kinda lame considering the expectations created by his technique, and also that Toyo design of Ginyu's previous appearence. I guess that happened +40 years ago lol.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu May 05, 2022 5:17 pm

So, we got a confirmation that the Marvel movies take place in Earth-616. Mysterio told us this in Spider-Man: Far From Home, but because he was full of bullshit we thought he had lied, but nope, it's indeed Earth-616.

That means the Multiverse of the movies is not the same Multiverse of the comics, otherwise there would be two Earths-616. I would go into details on why this is an issue, but we are in a Dragon Ball forum, so I'll just skip that part and explain what it has to do with Dragon Ball:

Basically, the Megaverse (the larger Universe that encompasses the Multiverse) now encompasses two collections of Multiverses, the one from the movies and the one from the comics. This is not something I'm too fond of, but oh well, it is what it is.

I bring this up because Dragon Ball could have two Multiverses as well. That is, if Android 17's wish to restore all the Universes was indeed granted. As we know, the way he phrased his wish leaves an opportunity for the Universes that Zeno erased at some point prior to the Universe Survival saga to come back as well. Android 17 didn't wish to restore the Universes that only participated in the tournament, he made a general statement, which logically should include all Universes that were erased in history.

If those six Universes were brought back, I don't think they would follow the "rule of 13" (you know, if two Universes added up is "13", they are twins), all the numbers would have to be reworked. I really don't see that happening. And if that doesn't happen, then I believe those six Universes would form a collection of their own and they would have their own "rule", thus setting them apart from the twelve Universes that currently exist.

If Dragon Ball was a comic book, a Western one that is, this could potentially be a source for a lot of things. But this is Dragon Ball, so even if this were to turn out to be true, it could mean little or nothing in the grand scheme of things, it would depend on the creativity of the writer, of course. I remember commenting about this before but not giving as much detail, this unfortunately doesn't seem something people in this forum are interested in knowing (surprisingly, despite being an awesome subject to discuss...). Still, I think it's nice to draw some parallels and present them for whoever might be interested.
dva_raza wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:17 pmWhen people here type in miniscule font.. WHY?
So that an obvious joke doesn't come off as too obvious of a joke. But if someone somehow manages to not understand it's an obvious joke, there's something there hinting that it's an obvious joke. That's in my case/posts, of course.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

dva_raza
Temporarily Banned

Post by dva_raza » Thu May 05, 2022 6:21 pm

Grimlock wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:17 pm So that an obvious joke doesn't come off as too obvious of a joke. But if someone somehow manages to not understand it's an obvious joke, there's something there hinting that it's an obvious joke. That's in my case/posts, of course.
Ohh. Got it.
Although I'm not sure why would someone need to avoid a joke being too obvious..?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri May 06, 2022 3:22 pm

I don't think Toriyama or Toyotaro seem to understand the implications of #17's wish. At least, it doesn't seem it was intentional, as they've yet to show any interest in following that up. They don't even seem interested in the multiverse in general. Just Earth, and occasionally other planets in the same universe.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri May 06, 2022 8:11 pm

The mustache was ridiculous, but changing Vegeta haircut in GT was also unnecessary. Goku and Vegeta have such iconic hairstyles. They don't need to change to make them look older.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun May 08, 2022 9:32 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:22 pm I don't think Toriyama or Toyotaro seem to understand the implications of #17's wish. At least, it doesn't seem it was intentional, as they've yet to show any interest in following that up. They don't even seem interested in the multiverse in general. Just Earth, and occasionally other planets in the same universe.
What implications are there?

There really isn't any

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun May 08, 2022 11:17 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:32 am
ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:22 pm I don't think Toriyama or Toyotaro seem to understand the implications of #17's wish. At least, it doesn't seem it was intentional, as they've yet to show any interest in following that up. They don't even seem interested in the multiverse in general. Just Earth, and occasionally other planets in the same universe.
What implications are there?

There really isn't any
#17 wished for all of the erased universes to be brought back. Did the dragon understand that he meant only the universes that were erased during the tournament, or did the dragon restore ALL of the universes, including the six that were erased a long time ago? This was never specified.

I would lean towards the dragon bringing the multiverse back to its original 18 universes, but if that's the case...where are they? Maybe the gods in the other six universes realized what happened and kept silent as they conspired against the Omniking? Nah. That's too interesting.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun May 08, 2022 2:44 pm

Yes, 17's wish was worded in a very vague and ambiguous way, although I can't tell if it was the writers being smart and doing that intentionally or if it was just a coincidence.

Following the ambiguous wording of that wish, then Zamasu and the Future multiverse should have been restored too, since they were universes that were "erased" by the Future Zeno.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun May 08, 2022 6:37 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:44 pm Yes, 17's wish was worded in a very vague and ambiguous way, although I can't tell if it was the writers being smart and doing that intentionally or if it was just a coincidence.

Following the ambiguous wording of that wish, then Zamasu and the Future multiverse should have been restored too, since they were universes that were "erased" by the Future Zeno.
I think for the future timeline the entire timeline was gone including the universe therein, we see the timering poof. I think they'd need to specify that and I'm not sure if super shenron can affect another timeline.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun May 08, 2022 9:23 pm

TobyS wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:37 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:44 pm Yes, 17's wish was worded in a very vague and ambiguous way, although I can't tell if it was the writers being smart and doing that intentionally or if it was just a coincidence.

I think for the future timeline the entire timeline was gone including the universe therein, we see the timering poof. I think they'd need to specify that and I'm not sure if super shenron can affect another timeline.
With specifying otherwise, Zamasu would have been restored too, if the universe were restored in all timelines. I don't think that's the case, or else Zamasu would have tried returning to the main timeline again. I also highly doubt the writers had other timelines in mind.

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Mon May 09, 2022 12:23 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:11 pm The mustache was ridiculous, but changing Vegeta haircut in GT was also unnecessary. Goku and Vegeta have such iconic hairstyles. They don't need to change to make them look older.
I liked the change of hairstyle, because it showed how Vegeta has been progressively adapting to a normal human lifestyle,

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon May 09, 2022 8:19 am

I don't think the wording was ambiguous I just think you all are way over thinking it

Also Dragon Ball treats branched timelines and other universes as separate things. I doubt Future Trunks universe was restore because its just universe 7 in an alternate timeline