Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MyVisionity
Banned

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by MyVisionity » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:59 am

BagetaSama wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:23 pm
MyVisionity wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:18 am
BagetaSama wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:38 pm I don't remember, how did they revive Freeza after he was killed by Freeza? They couldn't revive him with the Dragon Balls like everyone else, he already got revived when he was killed by Piccolo?
If you mean Kuririn he was revived by the Namekian dragon Porunga, not Shen Long. Porunga can bring back the dead no matter how many times they died.
They revived him months later after the Namek arc was over?
Yes, months after Namek exploded, during the final episode of that arc.

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:37 pm They revived everyone on Namek before teleporting them to Earth. That included Krillin and Vegeta. And then the Grand Elder, after serving his purpose of living long enough to let the others use the Dragon Balls, got to die a second time in the same day. lol
No, Shen Long revived everyone on Namek killed by Freeza, but not Kuririn because he had already been resurrected once before. Everyone was then transported to Earth by Porunga. Before he died, the Grand Elder transferred the power of the Dragon Balls to the Elder Muri. Porunga was then summoned twice more on Earth before the Namekians left for their new planet.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:11 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:15 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:09 pmGeneral Blue is clearly Western and he has no visible chest hair so I theorize that have visible chest hair in the show you must have a lot of it.
General Blue is also gay. So he's made to fit a...different stereotype.

**Shudders, remembering the "long lost brother" scene.**
*rolls eyes* My point still stands.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:01 pm

I'm probably the only one shipping those two since they were added together to Xenoverse 2 and now they're being added to FighterZ within the same season. I know it doesn't make any sense as Baby wouldn't team up with a saiyan, unless controlled that is. What doesn't help here is that they're both my favourite antagonists in their own series. I'd rather see her on Baby's side than old Bulma (although she was very helpful). And i still wait for Kefla SSJ4 in Heroes, as she's the most probable female to get it first not counting female avatars and i want to see any female SSJ4 already.

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:56 am

sunsetshimmer wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:01 pm I'm probably the only one shipping those two since they were added together to Xenoverse 2 and now they're being added to FighterZ within the same season. I know it doesn't make any sense as Baby wouldn't team up with a saiyan, unless controlled that is. What doesn't help here is that they're both my favourite antagonists in their own series. I'd rather see her on Baby's side than old Bulma (although she was very helpful). And i still wait for Kefla SSJ4 in Heroes, as she's the most probable female to get it first not counting female avatars and i want to see any female SSJ4 already.

I think Baby's inclusion in Xenoverse and FighterZ is absolutely badass, he will finally get the proper recognition he deserves.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:48 pm

Not mentioning Cell first time on screen, but Yi Xing Long first appearance was the second and last time I felt slightly scared by a villain in this series.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:59 am

Speaking of Cell, is anyone reminded of his mouth when looking at the mirror, by wearing a cirurgy mask? I'm obviously speaking of Imperfect Cell. Sometimes it makes me wonder whether or not he was born like that to prevent the polution of the Earth's destruction from corrupting his perfection :P

KPike87
Beyond Newbie

Post by KPike87 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:15 pm

Hey so, I was just curious since this was the first time I saw this, but what is the origin of the standalone Blu Ray for Dead Zone?
It comes in a PS3 style case, and the only other Blu Ray I own or even seen that comes in one of those is my European copy of The Incredible Shrinking Man.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:12 pm

I know it’s a completely different voice actor but did Gowasu’s English voice sound like Robert Axelrod to anyone else?

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:46 am

i've seen some people say that if goku ever gets re-casted, that megumi ogata would make a good replacement. i don't agree with that much at all but it got me thinking and tbh, i think she would've made a awesome boo arc gohan. even though i love nozawa in the role and would've for sure kept her, gohan pretty much passes all of the checkmarks for ogata's typical roles besides being gay.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:28 pm

Everytime a DBS clip appears on my youtube recommendations and I click on it, the show always looks worse than I remember :lol:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:18 am

I've been watching Beyblade Burst and I noticed there was a character called Hearts, who by design looks like he would fit in DBS just fine :D
But the most interesting thing is, he was also voiced by Takehito Koyasu, the same as the Hearts of DB Heroes.

And then it turns out that the Beyblade one came first.. is there a possibility the people responsible for DBS took him as inpiration? I can't believe the same name and voice actor could just be a pure coincidence :P

Koyasu must've sure felt strange voicing two Heartses at the same time :lol:

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:46 pm

You'd think that Freeza destroying Planet Vegeta in DBS Broly/DB Minus would've been a perfect time to add some context about Beerus ordering Freeza to destroy the planet. But NOPE nothing.

I wonder if Toei, Toriyama and Toyotaru are just never going to acknowledge that was in Battle of Gods.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:48 pm

Hopefully they never do it. Beerus should have nothing to do with it. Freeza's action must be his and his alone, purely out of fear of the Legendary Super Saiyan.

Adding Beerus to the mix is just pointless and ruins the entire thing.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:38 am

Beerus also said that he destroyed the dinosaurs on Earth, and...well...

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:02 am

Beerus orchestrating the destruction of the Saiyans actually makes sense and is one of the few instances where Beerus actually does his job.

Saiyans are an inherently warmongering and savage species that can only fight and kill. It was in Beerus' best interests to get rid of such a bothersome species. Thus it makes sense that he ordered Frieza to destroy Planet Vegeta, or anyway approved of Frieza's actions.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:44 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:02 am Beerus orchestrating the destruction of the Saiyans actually makes sense and is one of the few instances where Beerus actually does his job.

Saiyans are an inherently warmongering and savage species that can only fight and kill. It was in Beerus' best interests to get rid of such a bothersome species. Thus it makes sense that he ordered Frieza to destroy Planet Vegeta, or anyway approved of Frieza's actions.
Doesn’t Beerus usually do this kind of thing himself? It doesn’t actually sit right that he would order Freeza to do it instead of taking care of it himself.

It just feels like this was a holdover from the earlier concepts of Battle of Gods when Beerus (or Virus) was an out and out villain.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:23 am

The Monkey King wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:46 pm
You'd think that Freeza destroying Planet Vegeta in DBS Broly/DB Minus would've been a perfect time to add some context about Beerus ordering Freeza to destroy the planet. But NOPE nothing.

I wonder if Toei, Toriyama and Toyotaru are just never going to acknowledge that was in Battle of Gods.
They probably forgot that was even a thing, I don't expect that little detail to brough up ever again.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Char Aznable
Regular

Post by Char Aznable » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:25 am

The Monkey King wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:46 pm You'd think that Freeza destroying Planet Vegeta in DBS Broly/DB Minus would've been a perfect time to add some context about Beerus ordering Freeza to destroy the planet. But NOPE nothing.

I hope they never do, I like to forget that was ever a line in the movie and just pretend it never existed.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:28 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:02 am Beerus orchestrating the destruction of the Saiyans actually makes sense and is one of the few instances where Beerus actually does his job.

But then we have Beerus commending Moro's rampage because he does his job for him. The saiyans were doing the same but in a much smaller scale. His mindset since BoG was changed to the point where everything he used to do is something he wouldn't do now, even if the current affairs put the universe at jeopardy.

Big Boss
Regular

Post by Big Boss » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:01 pm

Does anyone know how far in advance Toei would have info on Toriyama's plans for his next chapters? Obviously given the amount of time it took to create an episode with Cel Animation you would think it would be far in advance, but given Toriyama's style of winging it I'm curious as to how much time Toei had to plan the storyboard and production schedule for each episode.

The reason I ask this is because Battle Point Unlimited was released in March 1991, 8 months before Toriyama released the chapter with Trunks showing up for the first time. This made me wonder if BPU was never actually meant to be Trunks' theme and was just a random, throwaway song that Yamamoto put on the Hit Song Collection album it was featured on.