Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:45 pm

I don't like the idea people have that DBM was a retcon in its own right, but that's a discussion for a time when I can be bothered to tackle it.
Retired.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:47 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote:Image
Accurate, but sillier and less pretentious, since the entire thing literally is a manga for children.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:46 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote:What was the point of retconning Goku origins and Trunks's hair color it was pointless and stupid, I had to get that off my chest.
Which retcon to his origins? The first or the second?
Minus

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:46 pm

I want an action figure of Zamasu with a button to have him say "Praise me! Adore me!".
It could be nice and disturbing on the shelves at the same time.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:07 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote:I want an action figure of Zamasu with a button to have him say "Praise me! Adore me!".
It could be nice and disturbing on the shelves at the same time.
:lol: This is brilliant. This needs to happen when the Super dub reaches the end of the Zamasu Arc. :clap: :clap:
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:30 am

ekrolo2 wrote:Gohan was written as a Super Saiyan for the entire BoG movie, right?
We will never know, unless we are extremely lucky.
Fact is Watanabe came up with an outline, then Toriyama changed it, then went over it with Watanabe again and they made some back and forth iterations. Perhaps it was Watanabe's idea from the start to have Gohan in Ultimate Form(though his first draft was supposedly set, when Krillin and #18 were about to get married, but that would be before the Buu Arc, unless they just only formally married before the Buu Arc and decided to hold a big ceremony after Buu :think: ), then Toriyama changed it to Super Saiyan only for Watanabe to change it back again. Or maybe Watanabe first had Gohan as a Super Saiyan and then Toriyama changed him back to Ultimate(in line with his "everyone's at their peak" comment).

We just don't know.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:52 am

I've noticed over the years I tend to be ignored for some reason.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:56 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:I've noticed over the years I tend to be ignored for some reason.
I could go on for paragraphs, but nevermind that.

I don't think that's the kind of "Non-Thread-Worthy" discussion this thread is for.
Retired.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:36 pm

Toriyama's excuse for why he doesn't want to move the story beyond EoZ is kinda bullshit. I mean, yeah, the characters are in their 50s, but does that really mean much? Saiyans biologically don't really turn old until their 80s, not to mention all characters are martial artists. The concept of keeping your youth due to mastering your ki and body is a staple in martial arts stories, not to mention with characters like Tao Pai Pai and Kame-Sennin, who are hundreds of years old, already introduced in the series. Krillin, Tenshinan and Yamcha are far beyond them, so they could keep going in their prime for at least as long as they did until now. Android 18 is a cyborg, so she can easily keep her youth longer than a regular human. Goten and Trunks are just starting out. Gohan and Piccolo are younger than Goku and Vegeta. Pan is a kid with immense potential. Chi-Chi is also a fighter and, though retired, it's not unreasonable she wouldn't just turn into a granny, even at her advanced age.
The only major relevant characters I can see truly affected by this are Bulma and Satan. Bulma is vein enough and prone enough to use the Dragon Balls to allow her to keep her youth, at least until Vegeta falls out of prime and with Satan being friends with Boo is not out of the question he could ask him to prolong his lifespan somehow.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:34 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:I've noticed over the years I tend to be ignored for some reason.
Most people really won't reply to a person unless they disagree. If it's threads, maybe you just need to talk about something that people can talk a lot about. When your thread is a question about the plot, it's not going to last long. Questions about opinions usually do. Either way, don't worry too much.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:08 pm

When I first saw this scene I thought Black was about to use do some kind of reverse Spirit Bomb.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:18 am

I find it interesting that "normal" Namekian warriors are vastly stronger than "normal" Saiyan warriors. A case can be made for keeping the former race in the running for strength progressions.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:53 am

Nejishiki wrote:I find it interesting that "normal" Namekian warriors are vastly stronger than "normal" Saiyan warriors. A case can be made for keeping the former race in the running for strength progressions.
Well, from what little we see of Saiyans conquering other planets, they are using the Oozaru form most of the time. Taking that into account, elite warriors like Vegeta, Nappa and King Vegeta would be on the same level as the Ginyu Force, with Vegeta being the only one to surpass them.

Since Saiyans are almost always using the form outside of one-on-one battles, I guess they are taking it into account compared to other races when declaring themselves the greatest fighting race in the universe. With Oozaru, they are only surpassed by the likes of powerful mutants, which I guess are the exception when comparing with the others in their race.

However, yeah, Namekians are pretty strong, as the bulk of Freeza's army are made of pretty much weaklings compared to them, outside of the leader's personal guards, with only Nail getting that high.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:12 pm

I believe I'm the youngest active Kanzenshuu member.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:38 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I believe I'm the youngest active Kanzenshuu member.
There are definitely younger members than you. They don't list their age, and they usually don't stick around for long (although I can think of at least 3 who have), but when they're here, you can spot them from miles away. Luckily, we have the appropriate chemotherapy treatments to get rid of them.
Retired.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:40 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:There are definitely younger members than you. They don't list their age, and they usually don't stick around for long (although I can think of at least 3 who have), but when they're here, you can spot them from miles away. Luckily, we have the appropriate chemotherapy treatments to get rid of them.
In my time here, I can't say I've seen anyone act as if they're younger than me (well, on a typical basis, at least). And besides that, I did say "active".
MyAnimeList | AniList

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:45 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:There are definitely younger members than you. They don't list their age, and they usually don't stick around for long (although I can think of at least 3 who have), but when they're here, you can spot them from miles away. Luckily, we have the appropriate chemotherapy treatments to get rid of them.
In my time here, I can't say I've seen anyone act as if they're younger than me (well, on a typical basis, at least). And besides that, I did say "active".
A certain SS4 Goku avatar comes to mind. Have I said too much? Granted, you're probably the youngest active member that's open about their age.
Retired.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:53 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:A certain SS4 Goku avatar comes to mind. Have I said too much? Granted, you're probably the youngest active member that's open about their age.
Well, I am indeed curious about the other two, but that's not what I consider an appropriate conversation to have in public, so I won't ask here.

Another thing to mention: SignAvatar still won't be accepted in the UCP. I have a bunch of avatars to use, and I'd like to use them all at once. Though, unfortunately, that isn't possible right now.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:20 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I believe I'm the youngest active Kanzenshuu member.
Right now ? Maybe. All time ? The Tori-Bot was 11 when he joined and was pretty active.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:22 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:Right now ? Maybe. All time ? The Tori-Bot was 11 when he joined and was pretty active.
Oh, wow. Was his posting content worthwhile at that age?
(Yay, 3333 posts. :D)
MyAnimeList | AniList