Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: is this dragon box footage of have i been scammed

Post by PurestEvil » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:17 pm

Diaz wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:30 am https://ibb.co/sH8XV4Y
roshi likes the feisty ones
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Noah » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:10 pm

The thing about Vegeta is that he's more interesting when he do things by himself and not only because he want to best Goku.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:15 am

i was reading kakukaku shikajika today and hey, it's always fun to see a original dragon ball reference!
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:26 pm

I'm watching "Never Have I Ever" on Netflix, Mindy Kaling's new show, and in season 2, episode 5, one of the characters dressed up as Piccolo.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:39 am

ABED wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:26 pm I'm watching "Never Have I Ever" on Netflix, Mindy Kaling's new show, and in season 2, episode 5, one of the characters dressed up as Piccolo.
I loved the first season. Glad season 2 is out.

Since FunimationNow has some of the Z movies I got bored and decided to watch a couple of them.

I find it hilarious their upload of Dead Zone has subtitles for Head Cha La and Tenkaichi Gohan hardcoded in when their dub lacks both songs.

Also their Tree of Might upload uses the generic Nathan Johnson score but still has the lyrics for Head Cha La and Marutoga pop up.

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:04 am

Does anyone else thinks Sorbe and Shisami could be the same race? Even though Sorbe doesn't seems to have horns (or ears), their eyes and noses are too similar and distinctive.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:46 pm

I wonder what Zeno and Grand Priest think about Elder Kaioshin still hanging around in Universe 7. They seem to treat him on the same level of reverence as Shin and let them sit beside one another in the box, but do they understand and make concessions because of what happened with him and the Z-Sword? If they find out about Grand Kaioshin manifesting in Buu's body, things might get complicated. I believe the theory that Buu's massacre of the lesser Kaioshin led to the hierarchy being streamlined, which is why only one Kaioshin represents each universe in the Tournament of Power.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:13 pm

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:46 pm I wonder what Zeno and Grand Priest think about Elder Kaioshin still hanging around in Universe 7. They seem to treat him on the same level of reverence as Shin and let them sit beside one another in the box, but do they understand and make concessions because of what happened with him and the Z-Sword? If they find out about Grand Kaioshin manifesting in Buu's body, things might get complicated. I believe the theory that Buu's massacre of the lesser Kaioshin led to the hierarchy being streamlined, which is why only one Kaioshin represents each universe in the Tournament of Power.

Zeno: "So each of you is doing 1/5th of a job."

Shin: "No, see, the Grand Supreme Kai handles the big picture stuff, while the rest of us handle the day-to-day tasks of a Supreme Kai."

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:30 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:13 pm
LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:46 pm I wonder what Zeno and Grand Priest think about Elder Kaioshin still hanging around in Universe 7. They seem to treat him on the same level of reverence as Shin and let them sit beside one another in the box, but do they understand and make concessions because of what happened with him and the Z-Sword? If they find out about Grand Kaioshin manifesting in Buu's body, things might get complicated. I believe the theory that Buu's massacre of the lesser Kaioshin led to the hierarchy being streamlined, which is why only one Kaioshin represents each universe in the Tournament of Power.

Zeno: "So each of you is doing 1/5th of a job."
:lol: They probably didn't even do that much, didn't think just sit around all day eating cake?
Shin: "No, see, the Grand Supreme Kai handles the big picture stuff, while the rest of us handle the day-to-day tasks of a Supreme Kai."
Zeno: "Who brought this guy in here, what the fuck?"

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:36 pm

It would have been cool if Boo was disqualified during the ToP for being part kaioshin. Better than him being asleep again.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:41 pm

Jack Bz wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:36 pm It would have been cool if Boo was disqualified during the ToP for being part kaioshin. Better than him being asleep again.
If there is ever a top 2 I hope that's where they go.
It's lucky they'd be a man' down and if he was dqed
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:01 pm

Is it me or most of the "Non worthy" post could make awesome threads that would be better than the constant barrage of dullness we get?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:55 am

Still on my DBZ JP rewatch. The slow pacing is tearing me apart, but Kikuchi's masterful work keeps me going and I plan to finish it.
I finished Cell arc yesterday . Surprisingly I enjoyed it more than Freeza arc. I say "surprisingly" because before the rewatch I found it to be the worst DBZ arc.

Unmei no Hi: Tamashi tai Tamashi playing during Gohan's SSJ2 transformation really elevates what is already a great scene. Good music always makes the difference.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:12 am

Also the good thing about original japanese DBZ is all the seiyuu being at their peak doing the voice of the characters we love.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Ssj3Engels
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssj3Engels » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:47 am

Dragon Ball Super is serialized in which magazine? I mean, what's the name of the magazine?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:11 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:01 pm Is it me or most of the "Non worthy" post could make awesome threads that would be better than the constant barrage of dullness we get?
I would definitely encourage people to create new, unique threads! Try it out. If no-one responds, no-one responds. But I bet you're going to get a different audience checking it out than you would in just this one thread.
Ssj3Engels wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:47 am Dragon Ball Super is serialized in which magazine? I mean, what's the name of the magazine?
The Dragon Ball Super manga is serialized in Shueisha's V-Jump magazine, which is a monthly publication. It is released on the 21st of each month, barring a Sunday or holiday, in which case it gets moved up to the next available day (which isn't itself a Sunday or a holiday).

(With every post we make about new chapters being released, we list all of the details you need.)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:40 pm

So Ultra Ego is Wagamama no Gokui ok I get it for the translation.

But it's a mastering of what ? What is the effect of this transformation ?

For Ultra Instinct it's basically auto reflexe mode on activate but I can't get to grasp what does Ultra Ego do for Vegeta ?

The only thing I get to grasp is that each time he get hit it seems that Vegeta can "heal" and get stronger ? Like Super C-17 in GT.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:53 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:40 pm So Ultra Ego is Wagamama no Gokui ok I get it for the translation.

But it's a mastering of what ? What is the effect of this transformation ?

For Ultra Instinct it's basically auto reflexe mode on activate but I can't get to grasp what does Ultra Ego do for Vegeta ?

The only thing I get to grasp is that each time he get hit it seems that Vegeta can "heal" and get stronger ? Like Super C-17 in GT.
Maybe they'll expand on it on monday, but as of now it seems to be a neverending well of power. His fighting spirit increases his power and unlike Super 17, who doesn't even need to suffer damage and can only absorb ki, Geets does take damage and his power raises with melee or ki attacks. The taking-damage part isn't crucial to the technique, apparently, he can increase his power by just letting his instincts go wild.

DBZ Kakarot has the Surge ability, all the stats are increased for a limited amount of time. Xenoverse also has something similar when you press L3 and R3 at the same time, and you'll have certain abilities increased depending on the character. This follows a similar principle only time isn't a problem, but his durability.

If UI is auto dodge, then UE is auto power boost.

Ssj3Engels
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssj3Engels » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:48 am

VegettoEX wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:11 am
Ssj3Engels wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:47 am Dragon Ball Super is serialized in which magazine? I mean, what's the name of the magazine?
The Dragon Ball Super manga is serialized in Shueisha's V-Jump magazine, which is a monthly publication. It is released on the 21st of each month, barring a Sunday or holiday, in which case it gets moved up to the next available day (which isn't itself a Sunday or a holiday).

(With every post we make about new chapters being released, we list all of the details you need.)
Thanks! So Super is monthly, while the first series was weekly? Per chapter, I mean.

Also, Super is around 50 pages a chapter, while OG DB was 12-14, IIRC...?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:58 am

Ssj3Engels wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:48 am Thanks! So Super is monthly, while the first series was weekly? Per chapter, I mean.

Also, Super is around 50 pages a chapter, while OG DB was 12-14, IIRC...?
Dragon Ball Super has been a monthly manga series since its inception, yes (whereas Toriyama's original Dragon Ball series was indeed weekly).

The Super page count has greatly increased over time, however. When it began it was about 15 pages, only slightly longer than an original Toriyama Dragon Ball chapter. This grew slightly, and then jumped to 31 pages during the Universe 6 vs. 7 arc. This jumped yet again during the Future Trunks arc to 45 pages per chapter, which is where it still is today.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::