Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Nejishiki » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:49 am

Gohan debuts as Super Saiyan 2 February 2, 1993. It's named in the manga June 14, 1994. That's 71 weeks of waiting. 5 weeks have passed for Super Trunks' formal title. Granted, you could argue this is a different era and I can't verify whether fans were upset about it or not. I do find this "cherry-picked" example (I expect a counter like that) fascinating when considering perspective. :P

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:19 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:The more I think about it, the more I feel the Black arc would have been a much better final chapter to DBZ than the Buu one, so long as it was heavily expanded.

Think about it, during this period, everyone assumes Goku is dead. What a shocker would it be to find out from Future Trunks that he's still alive and wreaking havoc in his future. Gohan would be forced to fight what he assumes is his father. The hero since the beginning is, seemingly, the final villain at the end. That's awesome.

Obviously, many aspects of the arc would need to be fleshed out, but at its core, not much would need to be changed either, besides introducing the kaioshin, getting rid of this god ki nonsense, and having kaioshin take Beerus/Whis' place. Also, no Goten. Future Trunks' random transformation could easily be replaced with SSJ2. SSJR could still exist and simply be a substitute for regular SSJ. It can be explained that Zamasu met Goku in the other world. etc etc.

Imo, if this arc was created by Toriyama back during the golden era of DB, and expanded into a saga, it might have been the best in the series.
How I wish this was reality :P
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:18 am

So I'm reading the full colour's and Freeza refers to his slaves as Mr. Like Mr. Zarbon, Mr. Appule etc. Is it like this in the Japanese? Or a weird Viz thing (cuz they made Picoyo Shakespeare)?

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:51 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So I'm reading the full colour's and Freeza refers to his slaves as Mr. Like Mr. Zarbon, Mr. Appule etc. Is it like this in the Japanese? Or a weird Viz thing (cuz they made Picoyo Shakespeare)?
It's definitely like that in Japanese, Freeza almost always speaks politely. Zarbon-san, Dodoria-san, etc, he makes use of his honorifics.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:20 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So I'm reading the full colour's and Freeza refers to his slaves as Mr. Like Mr. Zarbon, Mr. Appule etc. Is it like this in the Japanese? Or a weird Viz thing (cuz they made Picoyo Shakespeare)?
It's basically the equivalent of honorifics like san and sama, which Freeza does use to refer to his minions.

Now, why they made Piccolo Shakespear? That, I have no clue. (I kinda like it...)

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:37 am

Has anyone tried to figure out what the continuity of Plan to Eradicate the (Super) Saiyan's is? I know Turles, Slug and Cooler appear with Freeza but is there anything else outside the manga they reference? I seem to recall Goku mentioning Broly or something too.
nickzambuto wrote:Now, why they made Piccolo Shakespear? That, I have no clue. (I kinda like it...)
I kinda like it too! :thumbup:
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:43 am

LightBing wrote: It's definitely like that in Japanese, Freeza almost always speaks politely. Zarbon-san, Dodoria-san, etc, he makes use of his honorifics.
nickzambuto wrote: It's basically the equivalent of honorifics like san and sama, which Freeza does use to refer to his minions.

Now, why they made Piccolo Shakespear? That, I have no clue. (I kinda like it...)
Thanks for clearing it up guys. Probably gonna take me a few chapters to get used to it. It was well weird when I started reading but at the same pretty funny reading it in Ayres voice lol.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:57 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Has anyone tried to figure out what the continuity of Plan to Eradicate the (Super) Saiyan's is? I know Turles, Slug and Cooler appear with Freeza but is there anything else outside the manga they reference? I seem to recall Goku mentioning Broly or something too.
Yep, it takes place right after DBZ Movie 8, to my knowledge. So it's still during the wait for the Cell Games.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:58 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Has anyone tried to figure out what the continuity of Plan to Eradicate the (Super) Saiyan's is? I know Turles, Slug and Cooler appear with Freeza but is there anything else outside the manga they reference? I seem to recall Goku mentioning Broly or something too.
Yep, it takes place right after DBZ Movie 8, to my knowledge. So it's still during the wait for the Cell Games.
But it acknowledges movies 3,4 and 5 which can't fit into regular continuity.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:01 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:
But it acknowledges movies 3,4 and 5 which can't fit into regular continuity.
Well that just means it doesn't fit into regular continuity either.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:03 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: But it acknowledges movies 3,4 and 5 which can't fit into regular continuity.
What if the Special acknowledges the characters from their respective movies but not their continuity? That way you could made up the perfect continuity to fit them all here.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:40 pm

So in Keikaku, Movies 3, 4, 5 and 8 definitely happen.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:43 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Yep, it takes place right after DBZ Movie 8, to my knowledge. So it's still during the wait for the Cell Games.
Talking about that, ignoring canon how many events had happened during the 10 days wait for the Cell Games?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:51 pm

Noah wrote:Talking about that, ignoring canon how many events had happened during the 10 days wait for the Cell Games?
I guess whatever was recorded in the anime (don't know about the manga), along with Movie 8 and PTETS. As far as I know, that's it. They can fit into canon pretty easily, though, if you ignore the fact that Goku and Gohan aren't Super Saiyans.

EDIT: New subject!
So, I've been making some apparently super-controversial posts lately. Now I can't tell if anyone (except maybe Cetra) likes me anymore. :P
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:56 pm

Anime Kitten wrote: EDIT: New subject!
So, I've been making some apparently super-controversial posts lately. Now I can't tell if anyone (except maybe Cetra) likes me anymore. :P
Nah, you're good bro. I don't think anyone's actually started actively disliking you because of your opinions or whatnot. In the end, you're entitled to them and you should be proud of them. They aren't harming anyone and I certainly wouldn't call them offensive in the least. If others stop liking you because of them, who needs them?
Last edited by Bansho64 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:05 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:So, I've been making some apparently super-controversial posts lately. Now I can't tell if anyone (except maybe Cetra) likes me anymore. :P
Disliking someone because of their opinions on fucking Dragon Ball is pretty pathetic.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:08 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:EDIT: New subject!
Not true at all, I'm just praying for your immortal soul for liking Resurrection F to our lord and savior, Ginyu Tokusentai Taichou! (but seriously, I doubt anyone hates you over conflicting opinion).

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:19 pm

Noah wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:Yep, it takes place right after DBZ Movie 8, to my knowledge. So it's still during the wait for the Cell Games.
Talking about that, ignoring canon how many events had happened during the 10 days wait for the Cell Games?
M8 happens, Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans happens, M16 happens, and M6 happens.

By the way, Movies 2, 3, 4, and 5 fit during the wait for the androids. Movie 7 can fit during episode 147, before Vegeta and Trunks enter the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and after Goku tells them about it.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:19 pm

Sailor Haumea wrote:M8 happens, Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans happens, M16 happens, and M6 happens.
What is this?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:47 pm

Noah wrote:
Sailor Haumea wrote:M8 happens, Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans happens, M16 happens, and M6 happens.
What is this?
The Real 4-D.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)