Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by mute_proxy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:22 am

Hey guys, anyone know what this is about?
https://twitter.com/kubo_chika/status/1 ... 7442508801

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:58 pm

I may be the only one who cares but I noticed a discrepency between the manga and Broly film with regards to what Gine said about Bardock's worrying about his son. In the manga Gine said it wasn't like a Saiyan man to care about his children, or was that worry about them? Anyway she DEFINATELY said it was unlike a Saiyan man to worry about his children in the Broly film.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Big Boss
Regular

Post by Big Boss » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:13 am

My senpai noticed me. My life is complete and I can now die happy. :)

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:30 am

Hulk10 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:58 pmIn the manga Gine said it wasn't like a Saiyan man to care about his children, or was that worry about them?
She said it wasn't like him to worry about his son. In the film it's worded slightly different but the overall point is the same.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Noah wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:13 pm Not (much) related to DB, but why 80's to 90's anime had no problem on having like 2 openings and 2 endings on the original run while later 2000's animes had like 3 openings and dozens of endings?
I mean I'm rewatching InuYasha and for the love of god, 4 openings and I don't know 5 ou 6 endings in less than one hundred of episodes, a little bit too much.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:10 pm

so this is kinda my own thing but i remember for years (maybe due to just me being a contrarian and going out of my ways to find flaws in the cell arc), thinking that the cell vs gohan fight was really bad and that it was a bad way to end a bad arc, and after re-reading it and watching it for the first time, i actually really like it. there's for some issues, but i'm really not sure why i disliked it so much, i enjoy the story it's telling and gohan going SSJ2 has always been one of my favorite dragon ball moments.

i actually just enjoy the cell arc a lot more now in general, even if is still one of my least favorite arcs, because man i used to like straight up hate it, lol.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

jollyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jollyr » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:39 am

Can anyone tell me where the picture of old man Goku that Toriyama drew came from?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:32 pm

jollyr wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:39 am Can anyone tell me where the picture of old man Goku that Toriyama drew came from?
Probably Dragon Ball Online. Rather than waste away in old age, Goku and Vegeta go to space to have their final battle, never to be seen again. At least, that's how I understand the story to go.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:38 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:32 pm
jollyr wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:39 am Can anyone tell me where the picture of old man Goku that Toriyama drew came from?
Probably Dragon Ball Online. Rather than waste away in old age, Goku and Vegeta go to space to have their final battle, never to be seen again. At least, that's how I understand the story to go.
Oh, can I see it? Sounds interesting.
P O W E R

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:50 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:38 pm
ZeroNeonix wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:32 pm
Oh, can I see it? Sounds interesting.

it's from a comic toriyama drew for a magazine at about the start of the freeza, according to the "intended endings guide".
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

jollyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jollyr » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:10 pm

I love that picture it would be a great alternate costume in a video game

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:24 pm

The Android/Cell arc is the only arc in all of Dragon Ball where the innocent people who are killed in the crossfire by the villains actions and the heroes decisions aren't brought back to life.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:28 pm

yeah the wish probably should've been "bring back those who were killed by dr gero and his creations" rather than just people killed by cell, haha. maybe toriyama just forgot about #19 and #20 and all the harm they did :S

all though that still wouldn't include that one guy vegeta killed.....

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:00 pm

They ruined this cute meeting by putting a random woman right there. :| They should have faithfully adapted this scene with only Bardock and Gine on-screen.

I also would like it to have as a wallpaper (without the woman).
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:07 am

Grimlock wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:00 pm They ruined this cute meeting by putting a random woman right there. :| They should have faithfully adapted this scene with only Bardock and Gine on-screen.

I also would like it to have as a wallpaper (without the woman).
It's a meat cute :) Thank you, tip your waitress, try the veal.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:11 am

You do have a sense of humor ABED. And its really cute too!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:03 am

Lord Beerus wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:24 pm The Android/Cell arc is the only arc in all of Dragon Ball where the innocent people who are killed in the crossfire by the villains actions and the heroes decisions aren't brought back to life.
Nappa's victims weren't brought back either.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:25 pm

dbgtFO wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:03 am
Lord Beerus wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:24 pm The Android/Cell arc is the only arc in all of Dragon Ball where the innocent people who are killed in the crossfire by the villains actions and the heroes decisions aren't brought back to life.
Nappa's victims weren't brought back either.
Oh yeah, forgot about that.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:08 pm

There's been a lot of questions I had about where certain characters were in certain arcs, but one in particular that's lingering my mind is... Where the heck was Android 8 during the Android Saga?
Caulifla best girl! :)

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:33 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:08 pm There's been a lot of questions I had about where certain characters were in certain arcs, but one in particular that's lingering my mind is... Where the heck was Android 8 during the Android Saga?
Probably still standing here: