Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Nejishiki » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:29 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:Speaking of the Kanzenban, how did they handle Tenshinhan's arm gauntlets in the 22nd tournament ?
Tyro detailed it before.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:40 am

Nejishiki wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:Speaking of the Kanzenban, how did they handle Tenshinhan's arm gauntlets in the 22nd tournament ?
Tyro detailed it before.
Ah yes, I've seen that post quite a number of times. I was just confused about the order.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:50 am

From that, it looks like the event tree grew into "mistake, correction, and reprinted mistakes". It's difficult to tell the true order of events without each printing to compare. I suppose you can gather Viz Media owned the corrected pages during their translation. Maybe that can be used as a timeline for when Tenshinhan's armbands were originally corrected (Before Viz Media received their "original" copies)?

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:38 pm

I really want to buy a proper Goku Black's time ring.
I've seen some on e'Bay but their overpriced and not very on model.

Anime/Comic conventions will hopefully start selling them next yer.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:04 am

1. Do you prefer Good or Bad Launch? I personally prefer Good.

2. ... Rocketman? :wtf:
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:10 am

Anime Kitten wrote:1. Do you prefer Good or Bad Launch? I personally prefer Good.
I prefer good as well. I wish she had more personality though.
Anime Kitten wrote:2. ... Rocketman? :wtf:
What about him? :lol:

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:13 am

Bansho64 wrote:What about him? :lol:
Why did he make one post in the Super #66 thread and leave? Is he really coming back? Will his avatar remain the same? Can... Actually, I don't know, but you get my point. :P
MyAnimeList | AniList

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:20 am

As far as I'm concerned, both Lunches are the same character. You can't pursue one without the other. I'm sure there's a story as to why her temperaments are divided by a sneeze. Her rougher side is capable of calming down without Ten's presence. It's not as simple as one being "bad" and the other being "good", I think. What I'm driving towards is that I wouldn't close off one side of her. Both are who she is.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:04 am

I wonder if I should make a proper thread out of this:

What are some easter eggs and references you guys have picked on in Super?
The only one I've noticed is Goku harvesting lettuce in the first episode of Goku Black's arc, which seems to be a reference to the original "Evil Goku" Tullece.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:12 am

DBZ Macky wrote:I wonder if I should make a proper thread out of this:

The only one I've noticed is Goku harvesting lettuce in the first episode of Goku Black's arc, which seems to be a reference to the original "Evil Goku" Tullece.
There's also episode 2, when Vegeta stands on top of Bulma's aircraft and gets Pomelo and Durian fruit entangled in his hair, remarking how it is pathetic.
Pomelo (Zabon in japanese) and Durian are the two fruits Zarbon and Dodoria's names are based on.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:37 am

dbgtFO wrote:
DBZ Macky wrote:I wonder if I should make a proper thread out of this:

There's also episode 2, when Vegeta stands on top of Bulma's aircraft and gets Pomelo and Durian fruit entangled in his hair, remarking how it is pathetic.
Pomelo (Zabon in japanese) and Durian are the two fruits Zarbon and Dodoria's names are based on.
Wow, now that's a good bit of trivia to remember.

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:46 am

I have a quick question that doesn't really warrant a separate thread being made. I think this is the place to post it.

The orange gis that Goku, Gohan, Krillin and Yamcha wear - are they one piece or two piece outfits? The blue undershirt is obviously separate, but are the pants and top connected or separate too? I always figured the blue belt was there to stop it from looking like a one piece, since that'd be kinda goofy. If I remember correctly, against Tenshinhan and Raditz he slid down the top half to remove his weighted undershirt, but never actually took it off. This gi also looks noticeably different from the orange Whis gi that Goku wore against Frieza and in the U6 tournament, which has a noticeably separate top and bottom half.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:29 pm

TheGodfather93 wrote:The orange gis that Goku, Gohan, Krillin and Yamcha wear - are they one piece or two piece outfits?
I believe it's separate. If you recall, Goku took off the upper portion during his fight with Vegeta (which may be my second-favorite look for Goku), rather than it getting blown off. I'm fairly certain it's two pieces.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:44 pm

Is it a known thing that the Funimation Movie Singles(Or at least, Broly 1) have a weird interlacing problem?
As you'd expect, the DVD I'm talking about is telecined to 30fps by interlacing some frames, thus padding out the 24 frames normally displayed in a second to 30. But the result I got from VirtualDub's inverse telecine filter(Which, as the name implies, reverses this process, returning the 29.97fps DVD footage to its proper framerate) still looked telecined. So, on a hunch, I tried running a straight deinterlacer, set to simply unfold the fields, and I got this:

Clearly the two fields are themselves interlaced(And, when I unfolded them, although the result was certainly non-interlaced, there was clearly something wrong with them). Is this a known problem with the Funimation movie DVD singles? And if not, am I just doing something wrong?
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:04 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Why did he make one post in the Super #66 thread and leave? Is he really coming back? Will his avatar remain the same? Can... Actually, I don't know, but you get my point. :P
I think he's staying. I'll ask him on IRC to be sure.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:12 pm

Does #18 go for any routine check-ups with Bulma? I assume she would since some of her mechanical parts would break or wear down after a while. Bulma must, at least, have some kind of schematics for her.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:14 pm

Sailor Haumea wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:
How the hell do you use the IRC chat ?
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:50 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
Sailor Haumea wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote: Why did he make one post in the Super #66 thread and leave? Is he really coming back? Will his avatar remain the same? Can... Actually, I don't know, but you get my point. :P
How the hell do you use the IRC chat ?
http://rizon.net/chat
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:52 am

Anime Kitten wrote:
TheGodfather93 wrote:The orange gis that Goku, Gohan, Krillin and Yamcha wear - are they one piece or two piece outfits?
I believe it's separate. If you recall, Goku took off the upper portion during his fight with Vegeta (which may be my second-favorite look for Goku), rather than it getting blown off. I'm fairly certain it's two pieces.
I actually rewatched that part after I asked the question. What happened was Vegeta blew off half of Goku's top with a ki blast, and Goku then ripped the other half off himself when preparing to do the Kaio-Ken.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:55 am

ekrolo2 wrote:Does #18 go for any routine check-ups with Bulma? I assume she would since some of her mechanical parts would break or wear down after a while. Bulma must, at least, have some kind of schematics for her.
If I'm not recalling incorrectly, she only has the blueprints for No. 17. I suppose they would work for her since they're twins though. The shutdown controller applies for both of them, after all. If Dragon Ball GT is anything to go by, she simply lets her artificial parts wear down with age. At the very least, she's guaranteed to physically look the same for five more years (in Dragon Ball Super) according to Dragon Ball's ending and the fifth year gained in Future Trunks' world.