(Closed) Guess That Quote!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Fionordequester
I Live Here
Posts: 2756
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Guess That Quote!

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:17 pm

TheUltimateVegito wrote:
Fionordequester wrote:
"Waaaaaaaaves and rooooooocks!! (Brought to you by Waves and Rocks)"
That was the sponsor for the Cell Games recreation in the Buu Arc.
It's not like we can rely on Yamcha.
Stated by Vegeta in regards to Yamcha while he and #18 were planning on how to get some people to safety. Also had a weird moment where his face got all red...for...some reason. Guess that was something that was lost in translation.

Next Quote:
Mysterious Figure: Eheh heh heh. Ho ho ho.

???: What? Do you find something funny?

Mysterious Figure: Are you kidding? Look at me. This costume is ridiculous.

???: Well, what did you expect? The good ones were taken long ago. That's what you get for ordering last minute.

Mysterious Figure: I don't know. It's just not what I envisioned. I was hoping for something a little more impressive. I think this mask might make me look fat.

???: Heh heh. Your body makes you look fat. The mask just makes you look stupid.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5301
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: Guess That Quote!

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:56 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
Next Quote:
Mysterious Figure: Eheh heh heh. Ho ho ho.

???: What? Do you find something funny?

Mysterious Figure: Are you kidding? Look at me. This costume is ridiculous.

???: Well, what did you expect? The good ones were taken long ago. That's what you get for ordering last minute.

Mysterious Figure: I don't know. It's just not what I envisioned. I was hoping for something a little more impressive. I think this mask might make me look fat.

???: Heh heh. Your body makes you look fat. The mask just makes you look stupid.
Is that Grandpa Gohan talking to Devilman??

User avatar
TheUltimateVegito
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 986
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Buu's Nightmares

Re: Guess That Quote!

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:00 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Fionordequester wrote:
Next Quote:
Mysterious Figure: Eheh heh heh. Ho ho ho.

???: What? Do you find something funny?

Mysterious Figure: Are you kidding? Look at me. This costume is ridiculous.

???: Well, what did you expect? The good ones were taken long ago. That's what you get for ordering last minute.

Mysterious Figure: I don't know. It's just not what I envisioned. I was hoping for something a little more impressive. I think this mask might make me look fat.

???: Heh heh. Your body makes you look fat. The mask just makes you look stupid.
Is that Grandpa Gohan talking to Devilman??
Yep.
???: Excuse me for mentioning it, but I think he's still there.
???: I promise you he won't be there long, because we're gonna stamp his ticket... Now.
YouTube account:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperVegitoSSJ2

PSN: Songojames

My Reddit account is also Songojames

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20898
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Guess That Quote!

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:38 pm

TheUltimateVegito wrote:
Well you're half right, but not the half that counts.
Well, I know that was said by SSJ Vegetto to Boohan in the Ocean Dub of Z.

User avatar
TheUltimateVegito
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 986
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Buu's Nightmares

Re: Guess That Quote!

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:14 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
TheUltimateVegito wrote:
Well you're half right, but not the half that counts.
Well, I know that was said by SSJ Vegetto to Boohan in the Ocean Dub of Z.
You're fully right. :wink:
YouTube account:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperVegitoSSJ2

PSN: Songojames

My Reddit account is also Songojames

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20898
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Guess That Quote!

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:49 pm

If you're lying to me, I will rip your head off!

User avatar
Fionordequester
I Live Here
Posts: 2756
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Guess That Quote!

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:09 pm

TheUltimateVegito wrote: ???: Excuse me for mentioning it, but I think he's still there.
???: I promise you he won't be there long, because we're gonna stamp his ticket... Now.
That was #17 and #18, right before they and Future Gohan fought to the death.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

User avatar
TheUltimateVegito
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 986
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Buu's Nightmares

Re: Guess That Quote!

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:11 am

Fionordequester wrote:
TheUltimateVegito wrote: ???: Excuse me for mentioning it, but I think he's still there.
???: I promise you he won't be there long, because we're gonna stamp his ticket... Now.
That was #17 and #18, right before they and Future Gohan fought to the death.
Bingo.
YouTube account:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperVegitoSSJ2

PSN: Songojames

My Reddit account is also Songojames

User avatar
Ash57
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:20 pm

Re: Guess That Quote!

Post by Ash57 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:59 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
If you're lying to me, I will rip your head off!
Vegeta to a random Frieza soldier in that filler where he flew from a planet to another.
That's partly why he despises you.
"No matter how many times you spend on these forums. No matter how arrogant you are, you'll eventually lose a debate. So stop and admit that you're not omniscient"

User avatar
TeeHallums
Newbie
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Guess That Quote!

Post by TeeHallums » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:38 pm

That's partly why he despises you.
That would be Piccolo to Goku, during the Cabba fight if I recall.
I love to watch soap operas.

User avatar
Ash57
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:20 pm

Re: Guess That Quote!

Post by Ash57 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:35 am

TeeHallums wrote:
That's partly why he despises you.
That would be Piccolo to Goku, during the Cabba fight if I recall.
I love to watch soap operas.
Recoome to Burter and Jeice in the Ocean Dub lol.
So much for your theory.
"No matter how many times you spend on these forums. No matter how arrogant you are, you'll eventually lose a debate. So stop and admit that you're not omniscient"

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20898
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Guess That Quote!

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:31 pm

Ash57 wrote:
So much for your theory.
Future Trunks said that to King Cold when he tried to attack him with Future Trunks' sword.
A mother knows what's best, right?

User avatar
coola
I Live Here
Posts: 2966
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:33 am
Location: Poland

Re: Guess That Quote!

Post by coola » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:44 pm

Chi Chi to Gohan in that filler pre Cell Games episode, about Gohan?
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20898
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Guess That Quote!

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:30 am

coola wrote:Chi Chi to Gohan in that filler pre Cell Games episode, about Gohan?
Bingo.

User avatar
coola
I Live Here
Posts: 2966
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:33 am
Location: Poland

Re: Guess That Quote!

Post by coola » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:43 am

Can't really think of anything, so i will pass :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20898
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Guess That Quote!

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:26 pm

Well, then I'll take another swing at this:
But allow me to demonstrate a more effective attack

User avatar
TheUltimateVegito
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 986
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Buu's Nightmares

Re: Guess That Quote!

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:30 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Well, then I'll take another swing at this:
But allow me to demonstrate a more effective attack
Raditz when he first met Piccolo.
YouTube account:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperVegitoSSJ2

PSN: Songojames

My Reddit account is also Songojames

User avatar
TheUltimateVegito
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 986
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Buu's Nightmares

Re: Guess That Quote!

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:32 pm

I'll take the next one.
This is punishment for our sins...
YouTube account:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperVegitoSSJ2

PSN: Songojames

My Reddit account is also Songojames

User avatar
Anime Kitten
I Live Here
Posts: 4260
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 3:53 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Guess That Quote!

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:28 pm

Just so you guys are aware, I'm going to start working on a revamp of this game soon. You can still post for the time being, but it will be officially closed once the new one starts. I'm hoping you'll like it. :D
MyAnimeList | Naruto Forums
Discord: Nagareboshi#5185

Darkblade1995
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:16 pm

Re: Guess That Quote!

Post by Darkblade1995 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:26 am

TheUltimateVegito wrote:I'll take the next one.
This is punishment for our sins...
Didn't Raditz say that to Gohan in the What-if in BT2?

Locked