List of all foreign language dubs

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: List of all foreign language dubs

Post by wjbraden » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:05 am

Thanks for your contribution to the spreadsheet DBFan1991! It's looking awesome :) . If you want to, you could post the link to it on first page for more people to see it and want to edit it, since I know a few people wanted to see/make their spreadsheet.
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:17 pm

Tian wrote:I want to add more info about the Romanian voice-over :

• It was aired in TVR2 (Dragon Ball) and TVR1 (Dragon Ball Z)

• Dragon Ball Z was aired between 2003-2004

• The Saiyan and Freeza Sagas were based on the original japanese version and the Android Saga was based on the Spanish (Latin America) dub.

...and The Serbian dubs :

• The old Serbian dub was aired in several channels like RTV Pink, TV Nais, Kanal D and Kanal 9

• In the old Serbian dub, Dragon Ball was based on the original japanese version and Dragon Ball Z was based on the French AB Groupe version

• In the old serbian dub, both series were recorded in MAT Produkcija (even though it used voice actors from RTS)

• The new serbian dub was aired in Ultra TV around 2010

• The new serbian dub was recorded in Loudworks dub (that dubbing studio went bankrupt in 2015)

• Some people say the new serbian dub was based on the FUNi english version (I'm not sure of this).
More info for the serbian dubs :

• In the old serbian dub, Dragon Ball used the original japanese opening and ending and Dragon Ball Z used an instrumental version of the french opening.

• In the new serbian dub, only Chala Head Chala was dubbed and used as both opening and ending

• The studio where the new serbian dub was recorded is named "Loudworks", the "dub" part was accidentally added by my phone.

DrBriefsCat
Beyond Newbie

Post by DrBriefsCat » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:35 am

Did the Czech Republic get any dub?

Edit: Also this post mentions a Cambodian dub.

genjosanzo8
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by genjosanzo8 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:21 pm

Dragon Ball French dub Have Movie 4 for DB too

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:10 pm

Some information for the Euro Portuguese dub.

-DB+Z+Movies are based from the french version thus all the censorship from their version is intact, includes portuguese versions of the french openings, altho DB Movie 1 had Makafushigi Adventure.
-GT (and its special) on the contrary is taken from the japanese version, includes a dubbed opening and had the endings 3 and 4 in japanese.
-Some of the Movies had the Japanese EDs intact, can't confirm exactly which, but I recall the VHS tape of Movie 13 and 9 having them.
-The series started here in 1995 with Z ending in 97/early 98, taking a 1 year break for GT which started as a VHS release only in late 1998 and airing on TV in 1999/early 2000. Z Movies 10+11, DB Movie 4 and the GT Special were aired after the end of GT (I don't know the exact year).
-DB+Z+GT was dubbed by the studio Novaga all with the same cast (barring some newcomers at the beggining of Z, some replacements by the middle of Z and some other replacements for GT). Super is being dubbed by Audio In.
-Its original run aired on SIC, then it moved to Sic Gold which later was changed into Sic Radical which has been airing the series ever since. Back in 2010 (11? someone correct me), it also started airing on Sic K for a few years.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

DrBriefsCat
Beyond Newbie

Post by DrBriefsCat » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:18 pm

The website for SIC K lists both the original Dragon Ball and DBZ as currently on the schedule: SIC Kapa - Guia Tv.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:40 pm

DrBriefsCat wrote:Did the Czech Republic get any dub?

Edit: Also this post mentions a Cambodian dub.
No, Czech Republic only got GT subbed for Animax. before that, people from Czech Republic watched Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z in German and Polish thanks to RTL II and RTL7 presence in some satellite providers.

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:15 am

Cambodian dub eh? Wonder what was dubbed over there?
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:39 am

Hey guys, I added a bunch a stuff to the spreadsheet. I encourage anybody with reputable information on any foreign dubs to post their stuff on the spreadsheet, as it's open for anyone to edit. Just please leave a comment on roughly what you edited to keep track and prevent people from spamming. Thanks :)

Also interested in this elusive Cambodian dub. We need kei17 and his limitless expertise on foreign db dubs!
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

genjosanzo8
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by genjosanzo8 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:16 pm

some fix to the french dub:. for the movies, french dub is censored for movie 12 13 , the movie was re-cut for theatrical and bgm was change, later the last dvd release shown an uncut version of these with japanese language where it was cut and bgm replace by the good one...

about the movies music AB had for the movies which keep the good ending movie instrumental version of each movie and tv special except for movie 11, 14 which have voice and zenkai power, even dragon ball densetsu was vocaless on movie 3 , movie 1 and 2 didn't originally have japanese ending

french version airing had been very chaotic because several version with different cut degree exist and had been air on some channel, alternate footage (differrent opening,ending, sometimes instrumental and some time incomplete movies)

about insert song, dbgt french dub don't have the insert song don't you see... in dbz it miss the one in the ep 19 or 20

about the censorship AB dub of db and dbz have a lot of censorship, french uncut dub didn't exist, japanese dub for missing part had been add where the cut are

DBGT uncut french dub with NEP and title dub had been air only one time in 2011 i wait for re-air...

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:17 pm

genjosanzo8 wrote:some fix to the french dub:. for the movies, french dub is censored for movie 12 13 , the movie was re-cut for theatrical and bgm was change, later the last dvd release shown an uncut version of these with japanese language where it was cut and bgm replace by the good one...

about the movies music AB had for the movies which keep the good ending movie instrumental version of each movie and tv special except for movie 11, 14 which have voice and zenkai power, even dragon ball densetsu was vocaless on movie 3 , movie 1 and 2 didn't originally have japanese ending

french version airing had been very chaotic because several version with different cut degree exist and had been air on some channel, alternate footage (differrent opening,ending, sometimes instrumental and some time incomplete movies)

about insert song, dbgt french dub don't have the insert song don't you see... in dbz it miss the one in the ep 19 or 20

about the censorship AB dub of db and dbz have a lot of censorship, french uncut dub didn't exist, japanese dub for missing part had been add where the cut are

DBGT uncut french dub with NEP and title dub had been air only one time in 2011 i wait for re-air...
Let me correct a few things:

DB and DBZ initial runs were almost uncensored of the french dub. It was when the show got re-run it started getting censored.
The DBGT french dub always was uncut, but was missing certain things as titel screens and previews. (Although I think that got included on a rerun on Mangas?)

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:11 pm

From what information I have here's how the insert songs were handled in the French dub. Either genjosanzo8 or sangofe can correct me if I'm wrong about any of this.

DB:

Mezase Tenka-ichi: Left intact in Episode 28 & removed in episodes 86 & 95
Fushigi Wonderland: removed
Dragon Ball Densetsu: Left intact in Episode 30, replaced with Makafushigi Adventure in Episode 33, removed in Episode 35, scene deleted in Episode 76 & instrumental in DB Movie 3
Son Goku Song: removed
Red Ribbon Army: removed
Moeru Heart De: scene deleted
Aoki Tabi-bito Tachi: scene deleted however last few seconds are heard
Wolf Hurricane: removed
Muten Roshi No Oshie: removed

DBZ:

Shura Iro No Senshi: removed
Mind, Power, Ki: unknown
Unmei No Hi: instrumental

DBGT:

Don't You See: removed
Dan Dan: left intact

DBK:

All songs left intact

Movies & Specials:

Makafushigi Adventure: replaced with French OP in Movies 1 & 2, left intact in Movie 3
Romantic Ageru Yo: replaced with French OP
Cha-La Head Cha-La: left intact
Tenka-Ichi Gohan: left intact
Zenkai Power; left intact
Piccolo-San Daisuki: left intact
I-KU-SA: instrumental
Marugoto: instrumental
Ya Na Koto Ni Wa Genki Dama: instrumental
Tobikiri No Saikyou Tai Saikyou: instrumental
HERO (Kimi Ga Hero): instrumental
Giri Giri: instrumental
Burning Fight: instrumental
Ginga O Koete Rising High: instrumental
Hikari No Tabi: instrumental
Aoi Kaze No Hope: instrumental
We Gotta Power: left intact
Kiseki No Big Fight: removed due to Movies 10 & 11 being combined
Dragon Power Mugendai: instrumental
Saikyou Wa No Fusion: removed due to Movies 12 & 13 being combined
Movie 13 ending: left intact
Dan Dan: left intact in both DB Movie 4 & DBGT Special
Don't You See: left intact in DBGT Special
HERO (Kibou No Uta): International English Version by FLOW
Cha-La Head Cha-La (FLOW Version): International English Version
F: left intact
Pledge of Z: left intact
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

genjosanzo8
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by genjosanzo8 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:06 am

@sangofe in 2011 mangas air a remaster version of dragon ball gt (i have seen few episodes but no record, i wait a new airing to record it) which have title and preview dubbing, the fact is it was dub uncut but airing only one time uncut on mangas , i don't know for ab1 i just have some NEP dub in french in the few episode i seen (and the preview of gaiden with french dub too)

DB: i never had the original airing only the last dvd uncut release and in the dvd some insert song are here like the red ribbon army and the moeru heart de

Mezase Tenka-ichi: Left intact in Episode 28 & removed in episodes 86 & 95
Fushigi Wonderland: removed
Dragon Ball Densetsu: Left intact in Episode 30, replaced with Makafushigi Adventure in Episode 33, removed in Episode 35, scene deleted in Episode 76 & instrumental in DB Movie 3
Son Goku Song: removed
Red Ribbon Army: removed
Moeru Heart De:
Aoki Tabi-bito Tachi: scene deleted however last few seconds are heard
Wolf Hurricane: removed
Muten Roshi No Oshie: removed

DBZ:

Shura Iro No Senshi: removed
Mind, Power, Ki: left intact
Unmei No Hi: instrumental

DBGT:

Don't You See: removed
Dan Dan: left intact

DBK:

All songs left intact

Movies & Specials:
the first release had french op-end for all movies until movie 9 , the second home video release was having some change

Makafushigi Adventure: replaced with French OP in Movies 1 & 2, left intact in Movie 3
Romantic Ageru Yo: replaced with French OP
Cha-La Head Cha-La: left intact but instrumental on some movies
Tenka-Ichi Gohan: instrumental
Zenkai Power; left intact
Piccolo-San Daisuki: instrumental
I-KU-SA: instrumental
Marugoto: instrumental
Ya Na Koto Ni Wa Genki Dama: instrumental
Tobikiri No Saikyou Tai Saikyou: left intact
HERO (Kimi Ga Hero): instrumental
Giri Giri: ?????? (instrumental doesn't exist for these one) the first release with japanese ending has the i-ku-sa instrumental instead
Burning Fight: instrumental
Ginga O Koete Rising High: instrumental
Hikari No Tabi: instrumental
Aoi Kaze No Hope: instrumental
We Gotta Power: left intact
Kiseki No Big Fight: removed due to Movies 10 & 11 being combined
Dragon Power Mugendai: left intact
Saikyou Wa No Fusion: removed due to Movies 12 & 13 being combined
Movie 13 ending: left intact
Dan Dan: left intact in both DB Movie 4 & DBGT Special
Don't You See: left intact in DBGT Special
HERO (Kibou No Uta): International English Version by FLOW
Cha-La Head Cha-La (FLOW Version): International English Version
F: left intact
Pledge of Z: left intact

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:47 pm

I have some info about the French dub :
• It was aired in Quebec on TQS at 6am
(Source : https://youtu.be/dZ1NcxAZUYk)

This topic is awesome in my opinion. I always like to see fellow Kanzenshuu users interested on international dubs of the series.

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:31 pm

DB_Fan1991 wrote:Korean (Champ) (DB 1-153, DBZ 1-291, DBGT 1-64, DBK 1-167)
They also dubbed DBZ movies 1-15 (i'm not sure if they dubbed the DB movies too).

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:38 pm

I think that Indonesian dub has the movies too. At least, I saw some months ago a clip of the 5th Z movie(Cooler) dubbed in Indonesian.

For the tagalog dub actually most of the movies were dubbed too, including DB Movie 4.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:07 am

Hey, does anyone know how the Italian (Dynit/VHS) dubs of the movies are? Like on a scale of 1 to 10. And how do they stack against the Funimation dubs of the movies in terms of accuracy and acting?

ATEMVEGETA
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ATEMVEGETA » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:35 am

All 4 DB Movies were released in Greek.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:40 pm

Hi, I noticed that you're missing a spanish DBGT dub - the gallego DBGT dub.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:05 pm

sangofe wrote:Hi, I noticed that you're missing a spanish DBGT dub - the gallego DBGT dub.
He listed it. Galician and Galego are the same thing.