Goku Yardrat figure- myth?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Goku Yardrat figure- myth?

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:43 pm

So seeing fps_anth rare scoop of the Bandai Super Battle Collection 3-Pack got me thinking of this supposed figure was handed it to random people in Japan at a film screening. Yet the only picture (above) we have of it was when it was printed in the Daizenshuu, to my knowledge. But I still have reservations myself, I mean someone out there must have it if it exists right? Surely they must click a picture a picture and show it off... Right? Unless these were very very very limited I don't believe they existed at all.

Here's an excerpt from blogfromJapan goes into a bit more detail:
Considered the rarest of all Dragon Ball figures, the Goku Yardrat Variant Full Action Pose figure by Bandai is a legendary collector’s item. The figure was given out to attendants at one of the Dragon Ball films at a select theater in Japan. As a result, only an unknown, limited number exist in the world—none of which have ever been photographed and circulated online. If not for a scan and article from the Daizenshuu, a book published by Toei Animation, which discussed the figure’s rarity, many would consider this figure a mere myth. Even today, some doubt the distributed existence of the Goku Yardrat figure, while others believe all distributions of it were destroyed. Whatever the truth, the Goku Yardrat Full Action Pose figure is considered the rarest Dragon Ball figure of all time and the ultimate prize that any fan could own.
Wow some people believed it was destroyed??!? I mean this could have been a ruse for a few of these to pop up and for them to make money well that must have backfired and they ended up literally destroying them all. Or perhaps there was a defect with them? Maybe a truck carrying these figures got stolen and the theives saw that they only had these figures and destoryed them out of sheer rage? Idk dunno why people would think they were destroyed.

I just think they weren't made save for a prototype hence that photo. Maybe there was a defect or the figure cost more then expected to make so they only made one or a few.

Then again the most logical answer maybe it does exist & it's that rare and this thread is just a waste of time :lol:

Anyway your folks thoughts on this? If it did exist and a deal came up would you break bank on it? I would and will charge people to come and see it :P

BlackCatScott
Regular

Re: Goku Yardrat figure- myth?

Post by BlackCatScott » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:12 pm

I absolutely love Gokus Yardrat clothes. If there were more figures with him in this gear I absolutely would get one. E.g if Banpresto decided they were going to release one or something. I would be on that straight away. That said this figure if it ever did go up is hella rare and I don't think I'd match other bids for it... too much investment. :lol: But yeah if someone could put a Goku Yardrat figure on the shelves I would be all over that.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:01 pm

It exists:

http://ameblo.jp/tatuani1010/entry-12171910248.html

It took him 24 years to find if you translate it into English I believe. Found it at a Yahoo auction but he never mentioned what he paid for it, I've heard rumors it was a little over 2000 dollars :P

http://imgbox.com/galleries#/cpEpEgTO70

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:49 pm

Oh my god that looks amazing!!

2000 US dollars is actually cheaper than I thought it would be!! But he took it out the box!!!!!!!!!

So is that the only account of it then?
BlackCatScott wrote:I absolutely love Gokus Yardrat clothes. If there were more figures with him in this gear I absolutely would get one. E.g if Banpresto decided they were going to release one or something. I would be on that straight away. That said this figure if it ever did go up is hella rare and I don't think I'd match other bids for it... too much investment. :lol: But yeah if someone could put a Goku Yardrat figure on the shelves I would be all over that.
Yeah the Yadrat costume is great. Let's count our lucky stars that the "F" costumes lasted a little longer then that! :P

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:58 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Oh my god that looks amazing!!

2000 US dollars is actually cheaper than I thought it would be!! But he took it out the box!!!!!!!!!

So is that the only account of it then?
BlackCatScott wrote:I absolutely love Gokus Yardrat clothes. If there were more figures with him in this gear I absolutely would get one. E.g if Banpresto decided they were going to release one or something. I would be on that straight away. That said this figure if it ever did go up is hella rare and I don't think I'd match other bids for it... too much investment. :lol: But yeah if someone could put a Goku Yardrat figure on the shelves I would be all over that.
Yeah the Yadrat costume is great. Let's count our lucky stars that the "F" costumes lasted a little longer then that! :P
As far as I know it's the only one that someone has and has shown proof of, I'd go on to say that it's probably the only one in more or less mint condition. I'd say if any others did exist, they are either ragged out or someone doesn't know how rare it is if they have it. This person was specifically looking for this figure everyday for 24 years so I think it's safe to say this is the one and only in that shape. You'd be surprised what pops up on Yahoo Japan's auction :lol: