Favorite Techniques

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Favorite Techniques

Post by omaro34 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:19 am

I don't post threads very often, but this is a simple thread. I know for the most part someone's favorite technique in the series will be one that their favorite character would be able to do, but outside of generic answers like the Kamehameha Wave, if you had one technique to choose from, which would you pick? And if the Kamehameha is really your favorite then go ahead and say so but at least explain why.

Even though Piccolo is my favorite, the Special Beam Cannon isn't the technique for me. The Hellzone Grenade is extremely underrated and should have been used more than once, hence it would be my pick.

Feel free to choose non-combative techniques or getaway techniques if you wish. Be creative and try to think outside the norm as well; Tenshinhan's Four Witches Technique is a pretty good example of that.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: Favorite Techniques

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:20 am

Puar's transformation. I could have anything and everything I want if I can look the part. I specified Puar because Oolong's 5 minute rule would be inconvenient.
Retired.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:24 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:Puar's transformation. I could have anything and everything I want if I can look the part. I specified Puar because Oolong's 5 minute rule would be inconvenient.
It's too bad Puar and Oolong's abilities to transform have been almost forgotten about, mainly because they are background characters now. Sadly, some casual fans don't even know of this ability because they haven't watched the original Dragonball.

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:26 am

It's fine, I get why the old stuff isn't everyone's cup of tea. Although the techniques are much more interesting.

I almost chose the ability to turn anyone into a carrot.
Retired.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:32 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:It's fine, I get why the old stuff isn't everyone's cup of tea. Although the techniques are much more interesting.

Sort of like how Buu can turn people into candy, but I see you remembered that one Dragonball episode where that magical giant rabbit turned Bulma into a carrot. Good on you, I'm impressed.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:36 am

omaro34 wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:It's fine, I get why the old stuff isn't everyone's cup of tea. Although the techniques are much more interesting.

Sort of like how Buu can turn people into candy, but I see you remembered that one Dragonball episode where that magical giant rabbit turned Bulma into a carrot. Good on you, I'm impressed.
That's a memorable episode, anyone who's watched would be hard-pressed to forget it.

Funny... I totally forgot about Boo, the guy with all the interesting techniques.
Retired.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:47 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
omaro34 wrote:

That's a memorable episode, anyone who's watched would be hard-pressed to forget it.

Funny... I totally forgot about Boo, the guy with all the interesting techniques.
You're definitely right about Buu, especially if you're taking into consideration the other forms of Majin Buu such as Super Buu, Evil Buu, or Kid Buu. The Human extinction attack would be the one that comes to mind for me.

More recently in Super, Hit's time skip technique and the fact that he gets stronger and better with each formidable opponent is certainly nothing to sneeze at; I hope he comes back in Super.

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:08 am

My favorite move is the Roga FuFu Ken. Mostly because it is fun to say tbh. It also looks hella cool and stands out from all those huge energy blasts.

My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:26 am

I choose Instantaneous Movement (Shunkan Idō), I find the idead of moving between places instantly very delightful plus it has interesting utilities in and outside of combat.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:06 pm

Solar Flare. It's simple but also insanely effective and coupled with a another technique, it can be the precursor to a deadly scenario for any fighter. It also works as the perfect get out of jail free card if you're up shit creek in a battle and are about to lose and need to high-tail it. As far as I know, the Solar flare has a damn near perfect success record except for that one time Goku managed to steal Roshi's sunglasses to not get blinded by Tien's Solar Flare in the final match at the WMAT.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:28 pm

Especially Tenkaichi 3, Super Dragon Fist because it's very flashy. Not a lot of flashy attacks in Dragon ball.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:34 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Solar Flare. It's simple but also insanely effective and coupled with a another technique, it can be the precursor to a deadly scenario for any fighter. It also works as the perfect get out of jail free card if you're up shit creek in a battle and are about to lose and need to high-tail it. As far as I know, the Solar flare has a damn near perfect success record except for that one time Goku managed to steal Roshi's sunglasses to not get blinded by Tien's Solar Flare in the final match at the WMAT.
I know you probably know this, I'm just pointing this out so others can see, a lot of people think its Krillin's technique because he was seen to use it on more than one occasion in DBZ, but its Tenshinhan's move. That's the all time getaway technique in the series, its a shame it hasn't been used in so long.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:56 pm

I think I will go with Instant Transmission as well. (I love that name so much more than the other one.) The ability to transport almost anywhere is so awesome. Kai Kai is close, but I prefer the effect that IT leaves.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:27 pm

I love so many of them, it's hard to say which one is my favourite... But if i'm gonna choose, i'm gonna have to go with the attack Goku uses to kill Super Android 13.
He makes a large spirit bomb, absorbs its energy, emits an aura that disintegrates those around him, then delivers a spirit bomb powered punch to the gut, and the aura continues to incinerate the opponent.

Special shout outs to...

Big Bang Attack
Final Flash
Burning Attack
Heat Dome
Hellzone Grenade
Father Son Kamehameha
Tri Beam against Cell
Warp Kamehameha

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:22 pm

The signature moves and transformations of the Z Fighters and their greatest of rivals.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:54 pm

Final flash, galic gun, or instant transmission
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

AS_Saiyan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by AS_Saiyan » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:30 am

Kienzan, Kamehameha or instantaneous movement.

Kienzan is because, well, it's such a cool move. you can literly win against enemies that are MUCH stronger than you by slicing them to two :D
Kamehameha for it being the most recognizable move in existence lol
and instantaneous movement because it could help me so much in real life
New User :) A Dragonball fan for over 10 years. My favorite character(s) are Kuririn and Goku.
And yeah, I need to find better signature.

Netter75

Post by Netter75 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:21 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:Puar's transformation. I could have anything and everything I want if I can look the part. I specified Puar because Oolong's 5 minute rule would be inconvenient.
Good oddball choice, this is what I would pick as well if I had to choose one for my day-to-day life. Would have been interesting to see if Puar could have further trained that transformation technique to mimic ki output or something else possibly useful in the long-haul.

My generic choice would be Tien's Kikoho based solely on its pure badass-ery.

My absolute favorite attack in the series: I always liked Chiaotzu's... not sure what it's referred to as... telekinesis attack? The one he used to attack Krillin's internal organs at the 22nd TB. I love how its a direct attack but one that is almost the opposite of the normal ones on the show as it hurts the opponent from the inside rather than from the outside. Makes it quite difficult to defend against as well.

Its a shame it was never used to its potential again, though it did get a brief shout-out in Super when Chiaotzu tried to stop Goku from sparring with Monaka. It would have been interesting to explore though; how do you train a power like that? What other effects could it have if it were to be upgraded? What exactly are its limitations? All questions that could probably be extended to Chiaotzu's role as a character honestly.
Working on AMVs for every major Dragon Ball character from Piccolo to Puar :crazy:
Playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 8PEvVt1fQW